Bliss Seattle disembark questions

AK Dreaming

Been about 6 years since I cruised Alaska. The Bliss says it gets in at 6:00am. My last cruise I had booked a noon flight. We got to the airport too early to even check our luggage. I was able to get us moved to a 9:00 am flight. Any recent passengers with experience have a suggestion for the earliest I can book my flight. I. Know what NCL recommends but looking for real world experience.   Also what is the service that checks your bags for you?

while the ship may get in at 6, you will probably not be able to exit until at least 7 or later.

the airport is not very far from the pier, but to give you a reasonable answer,  it would probably be best if you told us where you're flying to.

i'd look at flight starting at 11:00

2 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Been about 6 years since I cruised Alaska. The Bliss says it gets in at 6:00am. My last cruise I had booked a noon flight. We got to the airport too early to even check our luggage. I was able to get us moved to a 9:00 am flight. Any recent passengers with experience have a suggestion for the earliest I can book my flight. I. Know what NCL recommends but looking for real world experience.   Also what is the service that checks your bags for you?

If you had a noon flight, I am not sure why you rushed to the airport arriving in time for a 9:00 flight. 

Our last cruise (arriving at 6 am), self walk off started at 7:30 am and first bags in baggage hall (non-priority) were at 8:15. 

Our timeline:

8:45 left stateroom 

9:27 arrive airport (about 25 min drive on NCL bus)

10:09 checked in bags with airlines (priority service) and through security (pre-check). 

Yes, the Port Valet service is available for participating airlines. They pick up your bags outside your stateroom and the next time you see them are at your destination airport. There is no charge for the service. But you still have to pay baggage fees (unless the ware waived by the airlines for tier status or class of service). 

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Edited by BirdTravels

We did a cruise from Seattle last September...unfortunately had a mid afternoon flight...we dragged our heals getting off around 9.20am...found a shuttle that was empty and waiting to fill up and still got to the airport at 10am. If we had got off at 7.30am we would have been at the airport at 8am and could easily have made a flight for 10.30am. However to be safe I would not book anything before 11am.

Please remember that in Seattle, there can be a many as two cruise ships disembarking passengers so the airport can be a nightmare with many many trying to check into flights at the same time.

Depending on when you are sailing, traffic can also be a nightmare depending on what community event is happening and what major freeway construction project is happening.

Enjoy your time in Seattle

• Like 1

Thank you all.  For clariffication, I am flying to South Florida. I always use self walk off because I do not like to put my luggage outside my cabin the night before ( I know I would need something from the bag as soon as it gets taken).  I usually fly Delta but looking at American this time.  I prefer to get off the ship as soon as possible even when I am in Miami and drivng home.  

The Port Valet program is hard to beat although requires a flight at noon or later.  You’ll see posts from those that had no problem with earlier flights but there are many that you don’t hear from who missed them. Although unusual, TSA wait times at SeaTac last September were 2.5 hours and extended out into the parking garage. You can take a chance and you’d probably make an earlier flight but have a back up plan.

35 minutes ago, lovinger said:

Is there anywhere at the dock to store luggage for a few hours and explore Seattle while waiting for an afternoon/evening flight?

Uber to The Purple Store (google it) and check your luggage there while you explore.  I think you make a "reservation/payment" online at usebounce.com.  Cheap and easy.  

The Port of Seattle has a Port Valet Program.  Your luggage goes from the ship to your airline carrier and then to your home airport.

You might be also to have either the Edgewater Hotel next the the terminal hold your luggage or the Marriot Hotel across the street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1