Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

Well It's official, a poster on the other coffee card thread who is currently on a BTB on the Sky just said they just informed him today that starting on the next cruise his mini bar trade in for his coffee cards will no longer be available, and will be letting him know what is NO COFFEE options will be for his mini bar starting next cruise

Bummer !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, phabric said:

My agent was going to change cabins on my 2024 cruise. I wrote to her to ask if calling if she could find out if the Soda package could be purchased by phone.  She wrote back that she was able to add Soda package to my Feb 2024 and Sept 2024 cruises.

Was she able to book it herself, or did she have to call PCL to do it?  Had it gone up in price?  Trying to get an idea

what happened to that snd the coffee package.

Interesting…

23 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Well It's official, a poster on the other coffee card thread who is currently on a BTB on the Sky just said they just informed him today that starting on the next cruise his mini bar trade in for his coffee cards will no longer be available, and will be letting him know what is NO COFFEE options will be for his mini bar starting next cruise

Bummer !!!!

That stinks!  Couldn’t they have let us know.  What about all the ones we’ve already booked?  

32 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That stinks!  Couldn’t they have let us know.  What about all the ones we’ve already booked?  

Isn’t that the truth. We have two coffee cards purchased on our next voyage but hadn’t bought for our next one. No idea if they’ll even honor the ones we have. We will not be pushed into buying a beverage package over coffee. They can forget that. Way over priced for our drinking habits. What a bunch of crap!

• Like 7

So, no more coffee cards at all?  I always purchased it, because I love fresh brewed coffee.  I don't like any specialty coffees.  I only use it for the convenience of the fresh brewed all day and all evening (I usually grab a cup after dinner to take to the theater).  I usually buy the soda package, because I like Diet Pepsi with my lunch and supper and I like it on sea days by the pool.  I may drink a few alcohol drinks, but not very many.  We had the plus on our last cruise, because the price with it was about the same as booking a cruise, soda package and gratuity.  I didn't have very many alcohol drinks, many days I had none.

I had already decided that I would swap out the mini bar for coffee cards, because we are finally elite on our next cruise, and just do pay as I go for the soda.  Figures it gets taken away just as we would get it!

I guess I will be a pay as I go for coffee and soda, because I don't see me spending more than $15 per day total (I won't drink as much coffee if I actually have to pay for it each time.  I will grab hot tea in the buffet)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

So, no more coffee cards at all?  I always purchased it, because I love fresh brewed coffee.  I don't like any specialty coffees.  I only use it for the convenience of the fresh brewed all day and all evening (I usually grab a cup after dinner to take to the theater).  I usually buy the soda package, because I like Diet Pepsi with my lunch and supper and I like it on sea days by the pool.  I may drink a few alcohol drinks, but not very many.  We had the plus on our last cruise, because the price with it was about the same as booking a cruise, soda package and gratuity.  I didn't have very many alcohol drinks, many days I had none.

I had already decided that I would swap out the mini bar for coffee cards, because we are finally elite on our next cruise, and just do pay as I go for the soda.  Figures it gets taken away just as we would get it!

I guess I will be a pay as I go for coffee and soda, because I don't see me spending more than $15 per day total (I won't drink as much coffee if I actually have to pay for it each time.  I will grab hot tea in the buffet)

We don’t know for sure yet. This was reported from one ship, the Sky. Should know more on Sat/Sun sailings.

11 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

I wish they had Pepsi products.  Only Coke.

I still think the best option for Princess it to provide decent brewed coffee in the MDR and Buffet on their "lessor" ships.  If they did it for the Royal Class ships, why can't the Grand have good coffee.  I stopped drinking Iced Tea and coffee with my meals.  I do order Lipton Lemon Tea in the MDR or just lemon slices and hot water.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Pepsi??? Princess is a coke products line. Do not think that they have fountain diet pepsi.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was she able to book it herself, or did she have to call PCL to do it?  Had it gone up in price?  Trying to get an idea

what happened to that snd the coffee package.

Interesting…

I know she calls in to make any changes.

Since the packages disappeared, I was not sure if it was possible to book soda by phone.  I asked since she was calling if she could inquire about booking.  She emailed that she was able to book soda for both my 2024 cruises and can pay at final payment.  I know the price had gone up with the recent price increase of WiFi and tips.

She will forward me my invoice once she gets invoice from Princess.  

5 hours ago, phabric said:

I know she calls in to make any changes.

Since the packages disappeared, I was not sure if it was possible to book soda by phone.  I asked since she was calling if she could inquire about booking.  She emailed that she was able to book soda for both my 2024 cruises and can pay at final payment.  I know the price had gone up with the recent price increase of WiFi and tips.

She will forward me my invoice once she gets invoice from Princess.  

Thanks. Keep us posted. 

47 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I just asked my pvp and got this bummer of a reply:

Susan,

Yes it has been discontinued as of 2/19/23 they now offer a zero alcohol package for $39.99 a day.

Kind Regards,
K—-

Ha!  We are just getting all kinds of answers out there.  Who knows what to believe?  I wish they would just update the packages.

Website is having some issues today, maybe they are updating?  😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

Susan,

Yes it has been discontinued as of 2/19/23 they now offer a zero alcohol package for $39.99 a day.

Kind Regards,
K—-

Verses $39 (give or take) for 15 specialty coffees for the cruise.  Highway ROBBERY.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Verses $39 (give or take) for 15 specialty coffees for the cruise.  Highway ROBBERY.

Especially considering that up until not too long ago, that was the price for the entire plus package including alcohol, gratuities, internet and coffee!!  Now they want that for just coffee, soda and mocktails.  I told her that their relentless push towards plus is relentlessly pushing us towards another cruise line.

• Like 10

While I am also really disappointed in this, I am not at all surprised. I noticed on our last few cruises (once the beverage packages became so popular), the IC staff often didn’t “deduct” our coffees if they were too busy, got to know us, etc. On one cruise after 11 days I asked how many coffees I had left and he had to get someone else to go in and check and they told me I had 12 left! Umm, I don’t think so since I’ve been having a latte every day! They just laughed and said don’t worry about it, so I didn’t. I think on their end it didn’t show the difference between a beverage package and coffee card, so they often didn’t bother to enter it. I don’t think the 2 different systems were very compatible. 
Coffee is VERY important to us, lol and the card and being able to have decent coffee at a reasonable price was one of the reasons Princess was our preference in recent years. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

While I am also really disappointed in this, I am not at all surprised. I noticed on our last few cruises (once the beverage packages became so popular), the IC staff often didn’t “deduct” our coffees if they were too busy, got to know us, etc. On one cruise after 11 days I asked how many coffees I had left and he had to get someone else to go in and check and they told me I had 12 left! Umm, I don’t think so since I’ve been having a latte every day! They just laughed and said don’t worry about it, so I didn’t. I think on their end it didn’t show the difference between a beverage package and coffee card, so they often didn’t bother to enter it. I don’t think the 2 different systems were very compatible. 
Coffee is VERY important to us, lol and the card and being able to have decent coffee at a reasonable price was one of the reasons Princess was our preference in recent years. 

That has been my experience as well. The system did not handle the coffee card very well. Waiters often confused it with a drinks package and I would not get charged.

Princess probably thought why spend money to fix it, cheaper to just cancel the card system entirely.

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

Susan,

Kind Regards,
K—-

That makes no sense when $20 more gets you alcohol, wifi and tips...they are definitely making it more economical to get Plus even if you don't want anything but soda or coffee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

That makes no sense when $20 more gets you alcohol, wifi and tips...they are definitely making it more economical to get Plus even if you don't want anything but soda or coffee.

I think that’s their entire aim. They want cruisers to book plus or premium so they are making the other packages very unattractive. 

It won’t work with us. We won’t buy any package at all and either get coffee a la carte or bring Starbucks instant to add to the free coffee. 

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I think that’s their entire aim. They want cruisers to book plus or premium so they are making the other packages very unattractive. 

It won’t work with us. We won’t buy any package at all and either get coffee a la carte or bring Starbucks instant to add to the free coffee. 

Or you could sail Royal class ships.... they seem to have replaced the syrup with brewed coffee from Lavazza, at least on Regal last year I saw that in the buffet.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Even the TA’s are saying differently things, depends on who they get at PCL.

My TA said, today he was going around and around with PCL and they tried to book the coffee package and couldn’t.

They had a lot of problems with the website today. Duh 🙄 

They said NOTHING about it being discontinued.  OMG …

Another poster was told by GS on a ship, they did not discontinue it, they are  trying to put it on the App, so guests can order the coffee package.  What?  IT is going to be involved…that really made me nervous.  Okay, maybe over the weekend?  Was that why the website was so crazy today for a lot of folks?

😳