Third Adult Privacy in Junior Suite?

Tatra603

5 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

Thanks for all the replies.

Fwiw, there is very little difference between balcony and JS on the cruises I'm looking at. (Southampton to Canaries in September)

I did some mock bookings. Two connecting balconies £8k. One balcony and one Inside directly opposite £7k. One JS for three adults £5k. 

That's a lot of extra money for a bit of privacy.

Nice prices for a JS. I'd do it and get the extra loyalty pt. Expensive balcony! 

6 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

Fwiw, there is very little difference between balcony and JS on the cruises I'm looking at. (Southampton to Canaries in September)

I did some mock bookings. Two connecting balconies £8k. One balcony and one Inside directly opposite £7k. One JS for three adults £5k. 

Did you try the J1 with attached studio?

Screenshot_20230219-101816_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3c82a551f2e673d9043fec2512691905.jpg

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you try the J1 with attached studio?

Screenshot_20230219-101816_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3c82a551f2e673d9043fec2512691905.jpg

Ah, so that's what those little rooms are.

I was offered these when I did my mock bookings, but had no idea they were attached studio rooms.

I even tried searching the cabin numbers, with no results.

So those little rooms come included with the JS?

That would be perfect. 

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

I was offered these when I did my mock bookings, but had no idea they were attached studio rooms.

That would be perfect. 

Thank you.

Not included. I think extra price. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not included. I think extra price. 

I guessed as much.

They seem half the size of a regular inside. Almost like an afterthought. Like they were originally designed as a second bedroom for the JS.

Are they cheaper? 

Couldn't find a way of selecting it on any of my mock bookings.

6 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

I guessed as much.

They seem half the size of a regular inside. Almost like an afterthought. Like they were originally designed as a second bedroom for the JS.

Are they cheaper? 

Sometimes cheaper since no solo supplement.  I personally wouldn't book one on purpose. I booked a inside gty and am solo and recovering from a broken wrist.  The cabin assigned was like 105 sf and a twin bed. I'm sleeping with a stack of pillows to elevate my wrist. I no showed  .. for me impossible and 1 loyalty pt not 2 for solo cabin. Another time I might have gone, but still didnt agree it was a possibility with inside gty.

To select a solo cabin, have to go in with 1 pax. If still cant, it could be booked.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Tatra603 said:

That would be perfect. 

Thank you.

That JS and single can be grouped with the balcony beside it to make a group of cabins that are on their own corridor.  There is an additional door to the corridor that can be closed that all three of those cabins could then leave there doors open to make one large suite or close for privacy.  Most of the time, that extra door is just left open because the three cabins are not booked together.

Single cabins on Anthem sell out quickly, so the single is likely booked.  You can call and ask if any of those are available to book if you don't see them online.  You would not be able to close that extra door as you would only have two of the three cabins in the grouping.  That single cabin is little but you would likely only be using it for sleeping so no big deal.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

It's not a bit of privacy.  It's privacy.  Period.  There is none in a JS for three.  I get it though, money is an issue.  As long as you know what to expect upfront, you'll be fine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

I guessed as much.

Are they cheaper? 

May have to call and ask. We booked it at NextCruise.

18 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

Not sure what  sailings you are looking at? I see and 11 and 12 night cruises for September 2023 but don't see any JS's for 3  passengers anywhere  near 5k.............they are closer to 12K.

So  might want to check what you are trying to book.

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure what  sailings you are looking at? I see and 11 and 12 night cruises for September 2023 but don't see any JS's for 3  passengers anywhere  near 5k.............they are closer to 12K.

So  might want to check what you are trying to book.

I'm assuming September 2024. 

• Like 1