All your P&O dress code comments and queries.

jomf

6 hours ago, davecttr said:

I will ask the question again, how many shirts do you pack for a 7, 14 and 21 night cruise?

One dress shirt per two formals and then on a 14 night cruise I would wash and iron them after the second formal. One casual shirt per casual night although for a 21 night itinerary I would maybe take maybe 12/14 and wash/iron some halfway through. I'm quite reluctant to let them launder shirts as on more than one occasion they have managed to disintegrate buttons. Think it is probably the heat on the presser.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, davecttr said:

I will ask the question again, how many shirts do you pack for a 7, 14 and 21 night cruise?

I generally pack two dress shirts for a very short cruise, like 7 nights. For 14 upwards,  three white plus one more which will be black or white, depending on whether I feel like bringing a white jacket as well as a black one.

In 'normal life,' I prefer shirts to tee-shirts, polo shirts etc, so will certainly bring three or four non-formal smart shirts as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Question, can you take a suit carrier and a carry on through security at embarkation in Southampton?

Yes you can. Just needs to fit through the standard airport-style scanner.

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm a first time cruiser. Travelled extensively on land but our first cruise is on Friday just a 4nighter and then next year a 10nighter with the babies. 

On Friday we go to Amsterdam on arcadia. We really enjoy dressing up and have only packed long sleeve shirts and trousers, dresses for myself. Is this too formal? 

During the day we have packed shorts, linin trousers and polo shirts. 

I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb looking like newbies with being too formal. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mama.nurse said:

Hi,

I'm a first time cruiser. Travelled extensively on land but our first cruise is on Friday just a 4nighter and then next year a 10nighter with the babies. 

On Friday we go to Amsterdam on arcadia. We really enjoy dressing up and have only packed long sleeve shirts and trousers, dresses for myself. Is this too formal? 

I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb looking like newbies with being too formal. 

I am sure that you will not stand out like a sore thumb. Lots of folk still like to dress up on a cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Mama.nurse said:

Hi,

No,just about right IMHO.Enjoy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mama.nurse said:

Hi,

We like to be smart on cruise evenings, like many others. 

I always wear trousers, shirt and often blazer, smart casual to me is 'take your tie off'... 

You will see plenty of people who don't follow the same standards, that's fine, it's their holiday, but doesn't mean we have to follow. 

You will definitely not stand out, especially on Arcadia.

Have a great time. 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We like to be smart on cruise evenings, like many others. 

I always wear trousers, shirt and often blazer, smart casual to me is 'take your tie off'... 

You will see plenty of people who don't follow the same standards, that's fine, it's their holiday, but doesn't mean we have to follow. 

You will definitely not stand out, especially on Arcadia.

Have a great time. 

Andy 

Thank you! Yes same as us.

We haven't heard much good about cruises, especially Arcadia so this has put our minds at ease. 

• Like 1

Thank you! Yes same as us.

We haven't heard much good about cruises, especially Arcadia so this has put our minds at ease. 

Go with an open mind, don't expect perfection and I'm sure you will have a great time. 

Andy 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Go with an open mind, don't expect perfection and I'm sure you will have a great time. 

Andy 

Thank you. A holiday is what you make of it as well not what is just provided. We make the most out of our holidays as we work such long hours. We are happy to just have some down time and hopefully some really good food! 

• Like 3

Thank you. A holiday is what you make of it as well not what is just provided. We make the most out of our holidays as we work such long hours. We are happy to just have some down time and hopefully some really good food! 

Hello Mama.nurse. Good advice given here re dress code and cruise expectation. I think you will enjoy your first cruise experience and it will give you an idea of what to expect on the next one. Have a great relaxing time and do let us know how you get on. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello Mama.nurse. Good advice given here re dress code and cruise expectation. I think you will enjoy your first cruise experience and it will give you an idea of what to expect on the next one. Have a great relaxing time and do let us know how you get on. Best wishes. Jane xx

Thank you ! That is incredibly kind. I text my husband saying we are all packed, as I felt more confident after everyone's replies. I have so many questions and have been googling for months now 🤦🏼‍♀️. I noticed on this site everything is in category order but it's so hard to find specific questions. Either way, hopefully the sun will be shining and we will have a good time. X

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Absolutely, we are on Arcadia now & love it,could be wrong but I get the impression that some are still mired in the old cruise image,times have moved on for good or bad,take what you find & not what you wish/hope to find,enjoy!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Absolutely, we are on Arcadia now & love it,could be wrong but I get the impression that some are still mired in the old cruise image,times have moved on for good or bad,take what you find & not what you wish/hope to find,enjoy!

Sounds great. All I hope for is a relaxing time, good food and to be on the water. I'd really love to see some entertainment too. Anything else is a bonus! I should have signed up to this site months ago!! Have a wonderful rest of your holiday x

• Like 4

Just now, Mama.nurse said:

Sounds great. All I hope for is a relaxing time, good food and to be on the water. I'd really love to see some entertainment too. Anything else is a bonus! I should have signed up to this site months ago!! Have a wonderful rest of your holiday x

Jealous as hell because we love the Netherlands too,got two sea days left to find somewhere to hide until she sails!

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Mama.nurse said:

On Friday we go to Amsterdam on arcadia.

Wow!  One of the nicest cities in the world. And a great time to go too. We spent so much time there when our children were growing up that they knew it far better than London. Every Christmas and New Year, and frequently in the summer too.

Have a great time - you’d struggle not to!

• Like 2

Off on the Iona in a couple of weeks and still not sure what to do about formal night.

I havent owned or worn a suit in years and dont really want to but one just for one night. Im more than happy to eat in the buffet on Celebration Night but will I me made to feel a social outcast walking through the ship in Polo Shirt and Trousers while everyone else dolls themselves up ?

8 minutes ago, SordidClown said:

Off on the Iona in a couple of weeks and still not sure what to do about formal night.

I havent owned or worn a suit in years and dont really want to but one just for one night. Im more than happy to eat in the buffet on Celebration Night but will I me made to feel a social outcast walking through the ship in Polo Shirt and Trousers while everyone else dolls themselves up ?

No you will be fine, I have done that myself, not everyone dresses up, just stay clear of the mdrs and the crows nest 😉

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SordidClown said:

Further to the last reply, you could eat at Sindhu or Olive Grove, neither of which are black tie on that night

On 5/30/2023 at 6:22 PM, Harry Peterson said:

Wow!  One of the nicest cities in the world. And a great time to go too. We spent so much time there when our children were growing up that they knew it far better than London. Every Christmas and New Year, and frequently in the summer too.

Have a great time - you’d struggle not to!

THIS IS AMAZING SO FAR!!!!! honestly we have only been on Arcadia for a few hours and I want time to sit still!!! 

Although can't wait to see Amsterdam! 

• Like 14