All your P&O dress code comments and queries.

jomf

1 hour ago, SordidClown said:

It’s not so much the where to eat it’s more will I feel out of place

Believe me, in those two places you won't feel out of place in a smart polo shirt and trousers or dark denim.

If it's Iona you're on, and it's in a couple of weeks, it will be the one after us. I normally take a black suit and dickie for the formal night but, as there is only one on this cruise, I'm not bothering. On that night we are booked in for Sindhu, and I'll be wearing a pair of dark denims and a nice shirt, or t-shirt and sports jacket. I won't feel out of place.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few folk will be thinking as you are, and considering where else they can eat on the formal night. The Olive Grove cannot be booked until you are onboard, so that may be a struggle to get in there at your preferred time on the formal night. If you fancy Sindhu, you will be able to book it from home when your dining options open, which will be after midnight tonight for your cruise.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 3:42 PM, TigerB said:

Further to the last reply, you could eat at Sindhu or Olive Grove, neither of which are black tie on that night

Perhaps they should look to making the likes of Sindhu free on nights where  formal attire in mandatory in MDR & some other eateries. That would radical! 

On 6/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, Mama.nurse said:

THIS IS AMAZING SO FAR!!!!! honestly we have only been on Arcadia for a few hours and I want time to sit still!!! 

Although can't wait to see Amsterdam! 

Glad you are enjoying your first cruise, it is always special, cruising can be addictive. Even those that moan still seem to book more. Arcadia is a lovely ship. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Perhaps they should look to making the likes of Sindhu free on nights where  formal attire in mandatory in MDR & some other eateries. That would radical! 

Or more logically allow smart casual dress in one of the (freedom dining) MDRs.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

Or more logically allow smart casual dress in one of the (freedom dining) MDRs.

Not sure how that would work on the two smaller ships though as they only have one Freedom Dining restaurant/area... Could be a good solution on all the ships with 2+ Freedom Dining mdr's though.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Allow smart casual everywhere . Folk can still dress up if they want.

That wouldn't work for everyone, me included. Whilst I don't judge the person by the clothes, I wouldn't want to sit in the mdr on Formal Night in Black Tie gear with the person next to me being in smart jeans and short-sleeve shirt. It would just ruin any sense of occasion for me.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Not sure how that would work on the two smaller ships though as they only have one Freedom Dining restaurant/area... Could be a good solution on all the ships with 2+ Freedom Dining mdr's though.

A bit of Heras fencing down the middle, smart casual one side formal the other. 😂

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

A bit of Heras fencing down the middle, smart casual one side formal the other. 😂

No, definitely a solid fence so you wouldn't have to look at the scruffs... 😉😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

That wouldn't work for everyone, me included. Whilst I don't judge the person by the clothes, I wouldn't want to sit in the mdr on Formal Night in Black Tie gear with the person next to me being in smart jeans and short-sleeve shirt. It would just ruin any sense of occasion for me.

Wouldn’t bother me, when we shared tables on a short cruise I wore my one and only suit, whilst others on the table were in dinner suits, did get a few muttering though, good job wasn’t wearing smart casual they would have had be swab the decks or worse still walking the plank . 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snow Hill said:

Wouldn’t bother me, when we shared tables on a short cruise I wore my one and only suit, whilst others on the table were in dinner suits, did get a few muttering though, good job wasn’t wearing smart casual they would have had be swab the decks or worse still walking the plank . 😂

I don't have any issues with people wearing lounge/business suits on Formal Nights...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Saga do it on their ships. They have two main restaurants; The Dining Room - which is always full waiter service - and The Grill - which operates as a buffet at breakfast and lunch and offers full waiter service with the same menu as The Dining Room at dinner. On formal nights jacket and tie are required in The Dining Room but smart casual is acceptable in The Grill. It works.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Britboys said:

I don't have any issues with people wearing lounge/business suits on Formal Nights...

I really don't care what anyone wears anywhere,anytime,people should be able to wear what they want anytime.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snaefell said:

I really don't care what anyone wears anywhere,anytime,people should be able to wear what they want anytime.

We all have our own views on this issue. I respect yours and hopefully you respect mine.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, snaefell said:

Would agree if that was the rules. 

Plenty of other holidays available where you can wear what you like. 

We book knowing the dress code so adhere to it out of respect for our fellow passengers. 

Andy 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We book knowing the dress code so adhere to it out of respect for our fellow passengers. 

Andy 

My parents have booked since we have come back and what swayed them, is that there is a dress code. Brings a different level of holidaying. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

The dress code clearly says 'no sliders or flip flops'... 

But what would they wear on formal nights? Gentlemen their bow ties, and ladies their pearls?

Edited by Denarius
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Denarius said:

But what would they wear on formal nights? Gentlemen their bow ties, and ladies their pearls?

Pearls are for daytime darling, diamonds for dinner don't ya know! 😆

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Yes there are, have been looking at other cruise lines for a possible cruise in 2024, in particular different itineraries, but it is noticeable how many have a relaxed attitude to dress code and no formal night as such.

• Like 1