Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

9 hours ago, fwbgirlie said:

We will be sailing with you next week! Safe travels to Miami and look forward to your review of our cruise!😉🛳️🍹

See you onboard!! 

8 hours ago, mkcurran said:

I was wondering where I was going next since @Saint Greg is back home.

Yes, his and Jeff’s reviews have been keeping me somewhat sane as I count down the days until we head out! 

• Like 2

I will be there with ya! First cruise since 2019 and bringing along 13 others. The price was way to good to not book and I wanted to check on the new Excel Class. We have an extended balcony with two small kids which will be a first for me, 9 other cruises kids free. Thankfully I have my parents and in-laws joining to watch the kids here and there. This itinerary is so bland in my opinion, and it seems that Carnival is sailing the eastern Caribbean on 80% of their itineraries to save on fuel and to help with the Covid losses. We plan on staying on the ship as well but may adventure off to a beach on St Thomas just so that we can get in the ocean after coming from the northeast winter.

It will be interesting to read your review when I get back as I don't buy the internet package so I can get away from the world news and garbage.

Now to think about packing...leaving Friday morning.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Alright another review to read while I wait to cruise again!  Can’t wait!

Kim

Hey Kim, glad to have you along!

30 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

I will be there with ya! First cruise since 2019 and bringing along 13 others. The price was way to good to not book and I wanted to check on the new Excel Class. We have an extended balcony with two small kids which will be a first for me, 9 other cruises kids free. Thankfully I have my parents and in-laws joining to watch the kids here and there. This itinerary is so bland in my opinion, and it seems that Carnival is sailing the eastern Caribbean on 80% of their itineraries to save on fuel and to help with the Covid losses. We plan on staying on the ship as well but may adventure off to a beach on St Thomas just so that we can get in the ocean after coming from the northeast winter.

It will be interesting to read your review when I get back as I don't buy the internet package so I can get away from the world news and garbage.

Now to think about packing...leaving Friday morning.

I agree, this itinerary is NOT one of my favorites. We booked it to a) sail the new ship, and b) sail with friends we met a few years ago on a cruise. I know I am in the minority, but I prefer the Cozumel/Costa Maya/Roatan run that the MG and Celebration do as opposed to this one. But hey, at least I will be on a ship! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hey Kim, glad to have you along!

I agree, this itinerary is NOT one of my favorites. We booked it to a) sail the new ship, and b) sail with friends we met a few years ago on a cruise. I know I am in the minority, but I prefer the Cozumel/Costa Maya/Roatan run that the MG and Celebration do as opposed to this one. But hey, at least I will be on a ship! 

I agree! My wife is a high school teacher so cruise vacations are limited to specific dates. Every break she has the only itineraries are Eastern. Either way, that will be my only complaint which just gives us an "empty" ship while in port. Going to be a blast!

I am bored at work, and when that happens I either a) book a cruise I have been eyeing, b) research cruises I want to book, or c) begin planning excursions/hotels/pre cruise stuff for cruises I currently have booked. If my IT department tracks my internet usage, they are probably about to put parental controls on that block the CCL website. That or they roll their eyes and say, “this girl dun got problems….if she didn’t cruise so much, she could be livin’ the high life!”

Anyway…it’s almost lunchtime, so I am BUNGRY….that’s Bored and Hungry combined. Today, I decided to research where to eat in Miami on our evening there. Yeah, big mistake, now I am SUPER hungry. But, I have narrowed the decision down to 2 places: Bahama Breeze, or Monty’s Raw Bar. We know we want seafood, so that is the only criteria for our pre-cruise dinner. We ate at Bahama Breeze before our Conquest cruise in 2020 and really liked it, but Monty’s is kinda calling to me….partly because the menu looks delicious, partly because they have a cocktail called “Summer of ‘69” (my mom has a picture of me JAMMING OUT as a 2 year old to my uncle’s band playing that song), and partly because my camper (my home….no really, my camper is my house right now) is named Monty. She is a Montana High Country, so the name was fitting. 😊 Depending on how far they are from the hotel and the Uber cost and just our general moods that evening will determine the final outcome.

Side note: I just looked to see if BUNGRY is a word, because my spell check didn’t pop up red like it does when I make up words, and, uh….yeah, apparently Urban Dictionary has it as a word….but I am NOT what that definition states. I am  just bored and hungry for FOOD. Like, a hamburger. With mayo, pickles, tomato, onion, shredded lettuce (I HATE big leaves of lettuce on my burger), and super duper melty cheese. Yeah, I am totally getting that for lunch.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Monty's Raw Bar ALL THE WAY! What cruise are you eyeing? 

I am really leaning toward Monty's, glad to hear someone urging me to go there!

I not really eyeing any at the moment, we are booked up thru spring 2025 so I gotta wait for summer/fall 2025 cruises to be released. I want to sail Legend to finish out the Spirit class, and Venezia has me interested. 

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I am really leaning toward Monty's, glad to hear someone urging me to go there!

I not really eyeing any at the moment, we are booked up thru spring 2025 so I gotta wait for summer/fall 2025 cruises to be released. I want to sail Legend to finish out the Spirit class, and Venezia has me interested. 

I thought I was the only crazy cruiser booked out till 2025😂 and I'm still looking at other cruises.  Yikes!

• Like 1