Alcoves on Equinox

dock

Hi,

Considering an alcove on our San Juan Day (on Equinox)
We dock at 4pm so it’s almost a sea day so we figure finding seats for  a family of 7 ( 2 kids) won’t be easy  on deck and this could be our base. 

Does anyone who’s rented one recently  know what perks of any are included? 

Realise it only accommodates 4. 
Any opinions welcome. TY.

Edited by dock

2 hours ago, dock said:

Hi,

Considering an alcove on our San Juan Day (on Equinox)
We dock at 4pm so it’s almost a sea day so we figure finding seats for  a family of 7 ( 2 kids) won’t be easy  on deck and this could be our base. 

Does anyone who’s rented one recently  know what perks of any are included? 

Realise it only accommodates 4. 
Any opinions welcome. TY.

When we were on the Equinox last year it included a bottle of champagne but I don’t see that listed any longer. 

champagne, grey goose or wine.  6 beers.  Order from room service menu.  If you could see how horrendous the pool area is you will appreciate this area.  We have the classic drink package and already are slightly tipsy at 1230pm.  😁

4 hours ago, jean87510 said:

champagne, grey goose or wine.  6 beers.  Order from room service menu.  If you could see how horrendous the pool area is you will appreciate this area.  We have the classic drink package and already are slightly tipsy at 1230pm.  😁

Been there and have done exactly that.  Bottle of Goose served us well for drinks on the balcony the rest of the cruise. 

Nice! We rented one for a few days but didn’t see that it still came with that. 

47 minutes ago, boxkite said:

We have reserved a Alcove on Equinox for one Sea Day during our cruise next week.

Looks like we may need to be on the phone for service from time to time...

Shouldn't need a phone. They have a dedicated person serving them (the butler-style service mentioned on the sign...) They did a great job...

7 hours ago, boxkite said:

We have reserved a Alcove on Equinox for one Sea Day during our cruise next week.

Looks like we may need to be on the phone for service from time to time...

Actually after renting, I wouldn't recommend anymore.  They never gave us the 6 bottles of beer. ice bucket, fruit tray, antipasto tray, vodka.  We were up at 5pm to 8pm and no one around to monitor.  

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Actually after renting, I wouldn't recommend anymore.  They never gave us the 6 bottles of beer. ice bucket, fruit tray, antipasto tray, vodka.  We were up at 5pm to 8pm and no one around to monitor.  

Why didn't you call somebody?  The attendants are in the Lawn club grill.  On  S class ships  use the phone in your alcove .  I would have at least gone to the guest services desk.

We got our fruit and cheese plates, drinks brought to us (included in the drink package) and a bottle of bubbly. water and we do not drink beer.   We loved it.

Edited by Cruise a holic

21 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Why didn't you call somebody?  The attendants are in the Lawn club grill.  On  S class ships  use the phone in your alcove .  I would have at least gone to the guest services desk.

We got our fruit and cheese plates, drinks brought to us (included in the drink package) and a bottle of bubbly. water and we do not drink beer.   We loved it.

no phone in our Alcove

Very strange. There was someone around the entire time I was there...I was there most of the day. One person was 9am to 3pm, next person was 3pm to 9pm.

IMG_20230114_120336192_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230114_132907137_HDR.jpg

23 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Great bargain on a shore day-  More then six people can  fit and typically most people rotate and the kids typically spend time at the pool.

Sailing Equinox in July. Thinking about renting one for San Juan Port day, since ship doesn't arrive at port until 4 p.m.  We're going with multiple families.  Obviously we couldn't all fit at once, but I think between adults and 20 somethings, we could rotate when people aren't eating or in pool, etc.  Is there any problem with the "guests" rotating throughout the day?  If in my name, do I have to stay there while my (adult) children hang out? TIA!

4 minutes ago, mjschutte said:

Is there any problem with the "guests" rotating throughout the day?  If in my name, do I have to stay there while my (adult) children hang out?

If you are happy with who is in there, then I believe they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The attendants also brought us lunch   A limited menu but fine!  In the future, contact the service desk downstairs.  Crazy

Agree, I have done this more than once, never an issue…I would talk to guest services and have the bottle of your choice delivered to room..