Family Fun! What do we do??

RCCL Fan

It's our first time to St. Lucia, and it's like one of  the last Caribbean island I haven't visited.

We're a couple in our early 40's with two girls ages 9 and 13.

My wife wants to do the mud/mineral baths,  I want to see the Pitons,  but outside of that we're wide open.

It's a 12 day cruise and I think we will have been on or in the water for 6 days before this, so water/beach/snorkeling is fine but in no means required.

I am a bit claustrophobic so rather avoid long drives if possible.

Any suggestions to give my wife and I our two likes, and something more fun for the kids.

13 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

It's our first time to St. Lucia, and it's like one of  the last Caribbean island I haven't visited.

We're a couple in our early 40's with two girls ages 9 and 13.

My wife wants to do the mud/mineral baths,  I want to see the Pitons,  but outside of that we're wide open.

It's a 12 day cruise and I think we will have been on or in the water for 6 days before this, so water/beach/snorkeling is fine but in no means required.

I am a bit claustrophobic so rather avoid long drives if possible.

Any suggestions to give my wife and I our two likes, and something more fun for the kids.

Consider a boat tour to incorporate your interests etc.  The below will be happy to arrange a bespoke tour and suggest itinerary etc.

With acknowledgment to @reedprincess who previously posted this list 

Serenity Vacations

Explore St Lucia

Island Man Taxi and Tours

Solar Tours 

Shashamane Water Taxi

Israel King Water Taxi

Real St Lucia Experience 

10 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Consider a boat tour to incorporate your interests etc.  The below will be happy to arrange a bespoke tour and suggest itinerary etc.

With acknowledgment to @reedprincess who previously posted this list 

Serenity Vacations

Explore St Lucia

Island Man Taxi and Tours

Solar Tours 

Shashamane Water Taxi

Israel King Water Taxi

Real St Lucia Experience 

Thanks but I need some more suggestions for what else to do with the kids. 

5 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Thanks but I need some more suggestions for what else to do with the kids. 

Sorry, but without knowledge of the various itinerary suggestions actually offered by the tour operators, one is unable to assist with ‘more’.

16 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Sorry, but without knowledge of the various itinerary suggestions actually offered by the tour operators, one is unable to assist with ‘more’.

No worries,

I wasn't planning on picking one, but hiring a private driver and saying, "show us around but we definitely want to see the following 3-4 places"

so I was less worried about tour offerings and more looking for some other suggestions to add to our list of pitons and mud bath

@RCCL Fan   We were last on St Lucia in March 2019 but between I think 2015 and 2019  we were there 4 times.  Our  first trip our kids wanted to zipline.  We had fun but our second trip was just my husband and I so we did all the things that WE wanted to do the first time.  After that trip, the kids heard about and saw the photos and chose teh exact same cruise and excursion.  Older son wasnt on that trip but the fourth one he was and chose the same itinerary and excursions.  

Those three trips were amazing (the first was good too but we had no idea how much we were missing out on).  We did the Land, Sea and Beach Adventure with Spencer Ambroise.  He is a retired police officer and runs the tour company with many of his family members working for him.  Every time, we saw him and he was there overseeing things. He drove a boat (just happened to be ours every time) and his daughters helped.  I chose this cause you take a speedboat most of the way, eliminating a lost of lost time and I get car sick....didn't want to deal with a bunch of winding roads.  Anyway, you speed up the coast to Soufriere where you get out and onto a small bus/van.  The last time there was free wifi on it.  You take it about 20 minutes or so to the mud baths.  You get there before many of the other cruise excursions that go by road.  They will start coming as you are ready to leave.  Very cool experience and my kids all loved it....they were a little bit older....MS and HS age.  We then drove maybe 10 minutes to a gorgeous waterfall.  From there you go back to Soufriere and back on the boats where they take you to Jalousie Beach in between the two Pitons.  Part is a 5 star resort (beaches are public but you can't use their stuff) and the other is a smaller area with a few derelict cheap loungers. It is also a bit rocky.  We went onto the resort side to play and swim.  The rocky side is a marine preserve with AMAZING snorkeling!  It is like you are swimming in an aquarium!  You get about 1.5 hours there, they also feed you.  The first time we stopped at a restaurant after the water fall, the last two times, they set up at the beach (it was his wife and/or sister-in-law).  There are toliets you can use and a few locals sellnig fresh fruit and smoothies out of their canoe (The bananas are AMAZING!!!  My youngest begged for them every time $1-2 for a bunch of them.  Anyway, after that it is a leisurely boat ride up the coast.  You see Bat Cave, a place I can't remember but where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed, and they take you to Marigot where they moor ships when a hurricane is coming.  There is a bathroom on the beach you can use but they can also stop in Marigot for a quick bathroom break.  You then get back to the ship with enough time to quickly check out a few stops.   We loved the entire day!  Highly recommended for any ages!!!   They started the day witha huge cooler full of drinks that are included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KatPem said:

@RCCL Fan   We were last on St Lucia in March 2019 but between I think 2015 and 2019  we were there 4 times.  We did the Land, Sea and Beach Adventure with Spencer Ambroise.  He is a retired police officer and runs the tour company with many of his family members working for him.  Every time, we saw him and he was there overseeing things. He drove a boat (just happened to be ours every time) and his daughters helped.  I chose this cause you take a speedboat most of the way, eliminating a lost of lost time and I get car sick....didn't want to deal with a bunch of winding roads.  

Sounds great --- I get car sick too,  I'll look them up.  Thanks!

• 4 months later...

1st timers to St. Lucia I would recommend Cosol Tours. You get to experience as much of the island in one day that you can. St. Lucia is really not a "day pass" destination it's an island you want to get out and experience.

Yep your in a van for awhile but stops are frequent, food, drinks are limitless no hurries and great places of interest to visit. The drive through the rainforest is worth the cost of the tour by itself. Rainforests will never fail you, it's always raining. 

Excellent photo opportunities throughout the tour, and a great way to spend your first visit to St. Lucia.

The Pitons once you see them, you'll be back. St. Lucia and Martinique are freaks. Have fun.