Muster

Riba

1 hour ago, Riba said:

Is the Muster on the Odyssey of the Seas inside sitting or outside on the deck standing?

Howdy @Riba and welcome back to the message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted.

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line's ship and is off topic there.

To help you out I have moved your new thread to the Royal Caribbean International forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Odyssey of the Seas frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you are back with us again! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various message board forums. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new replies because they will come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

Muster is no longer a group event where everyone gathers at their muster station at the same time. Instead, you watch a safety video in the Royal Caribbean app on your phone, then all members of your party go to your muster station. A person will be there who will ask if you watched the video, and will check your names off on a list to verify that you appeared at your muster station in person. Then you are free to go. You can do this any time after you board and before the ship departs.  It is unknown if this change is permanent.

31 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Muster is no longer a group event where everyone gathers at their muster station at the same time. Instead, you watch a safety video in the Royal Caribbean app on your phone, then all members of your party go to your muster station. A person will be there who will ask if you watched the video, and will check your names off on a list to verify that you appeared at your muster station in person. Then you are free to go. You can do this any time after you board and before the ship departs.  It is unknown if this change is permanent.

Well stated. Hopefully this wont change back to the Pre-CV rules

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, snoozer of the seas said:

I would assume there are still 'guests' who want to play games, act stupid, play dumb, waste time, and not do the simplified muster drill.

Yup. On a recent cruise, there was a very large group for the "make up" muster (which was face-to-face, shoulder-to-shoulder)

2 hours ago, snoozer of the seas said:

I would assume there are still 'guests' who want to play games, act stupid, play dumb, waste time, and not do the simplified muster drill.

Put a hold on your drinks or any other charge until its complete, don't allow them to enter their room until complete

I know that's all a stretch for Royal IT

Seriously though, you don't even have to watch the video, just stop at the station and get your card scanned 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure about the Odyssey but I did a cruise on the Oasis in March 2022 and they did a virtual muster. You had to watch a video on the RCI app and then show up at your muster station pretty much whenever prior to sailing they would take your name to check you in and you would be on your way. I liked that!!  Didn't have to interrupt the day to all gather somewhere to be counted. NOTE - the seapass cards didn't work on the cabin doors until you did your muster. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 7:37 PM, cruisegus said:

Put a hold on your drinks or any other charge until its complete, don't allow them to enter their room until complete

I know that's all a stretch for Royal IT

Seriously though, you don't even have to watch the video, just stop at the station and get your card scanned 

On our cruise on the Oasis last Mar our room keys didn't work until after completing the E muster.