Question about Odyssey & Greek Isles cruise

Thisguylikestocruise

Mykonos is listed as a tender port. Is it true you take a water taxi from where the dock is to the town of Mykonos? How much does it cost? Reason I’m asking this here is because I vaguely recall a post that said Odyssey tendered passengers to a dock closer to the town. 

In Chania I heard a bus is arranged at the dock to transport passengers to old town Chania. How do you get back to Souda where the ship is?

Plan on exploring both places without an excursion.

On our August 22 Odyssey trip, in Mykonos we docked, the water taxi was at the end of the peir and I think was a few euro each way. There were taxis and then the coaches for booked shore excursions. 

It’s possible, of course that you could be tendering depending on the other booked arrivals as a random date in June suggests there’s 5 other ships in alongside Odyssey

https://cruisedig.com/ports/mykonos-greece/arrivals

• Like 1

Been to Mykonos twice, both times we set anchor in the bay and tendered right into the old harbour in the centre. It was quick and easy. 

Tip, if you want to visit Delos  there is a booth right on the harbourside where the tender drops off, where you can buy round trip tickets to Delos. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, little britain said:

You can either tender or dock in Mykonos.

If you tender then you are dropped right in the harbour a short walk to town.

If you are docked then you catch the ferry (sea us) across the bay and are dropped at exactly the same harbour. €2pp e/w

Exactly.

On the Odyssey last year, we docked. Across the street from the ship was the "Sea Bus", 2€pp e/w. Walking to town is 30 minutes.

* The narrow and winding alleys in Mykonos were originally designed to confuse pirates...so getting lost is part of the fun.

In Chania, the shuttle drops you in town. (Short walk to the harbor) Shuttle return is from the same location...easy to find, there will be a long queue for the shuttle.

20220512_034606.jpg

20220512_025914.jpg

• Like 1