Cruise Mummy does a list of Carnival's top 10 cruise directors

Honolulu Blue

Jenni Fielding from Cruisemunmy.com did what I thought was almost impossible - compile a list of Carnival's all-time top 10 cruise directors. You can see the list at this link: https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/top-carnival-cruise-directors/

I thought it was well worth the time to read. It includes lots of details about each of the people picked.

About the list itself, I trust that few veterans here are going to be surprised at her #1. Each of her picks I've heard of and they have their fan clubs here and elsewhere. But I've had the pleasure of sailing with 12 different CDs, and NONE of them made the list. I guess I'm sorry to miss them, if I don't happen to catch them sometime in the future.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

I really don't follow the CD's that much while on a ship. But I have met them all. CM has the order wrong though.  JH, sure. Donkey, number two, Dr E, (Good morning, Good morning) number three. Flying Scotchman number four.  The rest, well they're just the rest 😉

My thought when I saw that yesterday was that can’t be Carnival’s top 10 of all-time. I’ve only been cruising 9 years but there’s no way 5 of their top 6 best cruise directors of all-time are current CDs. And 8 of their top 10 of all-time I could’ve cruised with in the past decade.

It looks like she did her favorite CDs from the last 10 years, wanted to add John Heald so changed it to all-time, and found one other older CD to throw in the 9 spot to make it look legit. 

I think JH’s post this morning indicated he felt the same. Throwing out old CDs I’ve never heard of. Those are the names I’d expect to see on an all-time best CD list. That’s what I was hoping to get when I clicked on the article. Write-ups on old school CDs with just a couple of the current ones mixed in.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ray98 said:

I guess I'm strange.  I couldn't tell you the name of any CD over the past decade of sailings.  To me they are an annoyance I overlook selling bingo cards and such.

I am same as you. Last cruise on Celebration I decided to pay some attention the the CD (Lee?) and he wasn't too annoying but damned if he wasn't everywhere.

• Like 2

The only CDs I care about are the annoying ones. I find Cookie to be like nails on a chalkboard to me everytime he makes an announcement. I actually wouldn't have expected to see his name on that list at all, much less as high up as he was.

He lives rent free in my head from the trauma lol. "This is your cousin C-C-C-C-Cookie".

Not a fan of Cam either. He isn't on this list, which is a good thing. That poor guy cant make a PA without screwing it up. I honestly genuinely felt bad for him.

Edited by stobe1

2 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Last cruise on Celebration I decided to pay some attention the the CD (Lee?) and he wasn't too annoying but damned if he wasn't everywhere.

That's the M.O. of most of their CDs, I've found. I'm comforted to know this hasn't changed.

• Like 1

I immediately discounted that list when I saw Jen Baxter named as one of the 10 best.  Someone earlier commented about nails on a chalkboard.  That certainly fits my description of Jen.  We've had the unfortunate luck of having her on 2 of our cruises.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

It only takes an internet connection and about $10 to be a blogger, folks. Take this person's "top 10" list for exactly what it's worth...absolutely nothing.

It's Cruise Critic. Can't we just comment on stupid stuff every once in a while? I don't think anyone on here took this as an end-all-be-all list that will make its way into Conde Nast Magazine or Forbes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The list isn’t even considered if Mike Pack isn’t included. We never consider a CD when cruising, but Mike was BY FAR the best I’ve seen on 30+ cruises. Noonan is another amongst the top 5. Both were promoted to higher level positions, and for great reason. Dr. E was irritating, but lively. Other than on Carnival cruises, I could not name one CD. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, geovet said:

Jamie Dee Did retire from cruise work. She was a great cd and best friend onboard.

She was the CD on our first cruise on the Dream back in 2015 i think....  She was actually one of the first CD's who started the veterans tribute.  on that first cruise it was held in the piano bar, and it was standing room only.

• Like 2

LOL! How did Jen from the poop cruise get on that list!? 
I’ve been on two separate ships/itineraries with her and she’s honestly the most depressing CD ever.

Kyndall should have been higher..but then again I’ve not cruised with the ones above her (they may be better)