Britannia Balcony VS. Britannia Club balcony

HammerNJ

1 minute ago, HammerNJ said:

Hello:

Longtime cruiser but never on Cunard. Curious to know what the actual difference is between Britannia & Britannia Club Balcony cabins is besides the larger balcony. 

Thanks, Hammer

Which ship? I don’t think the balcony is larger on any of the current ships. It’s all down to dining and extras.

Club Dining is a half way house to Princess Grill.  eg; Anytime Dining , however, with a dedicated table and wait staff for all meals ,intimate restaurant , enhanced menu  .

The stateroom is exactly the same size of a standard Britannia balcony ( the club balcony is not larger !) however, there are some additional amenities, for example a Coffee machine and bottled water replenished daily plus a high end fluffy towelling bath robe .     

Edited to add:  The Club dining 'restaurant' on the two vista class ships ( QE/Q.Vic) are far superior to the CD restaurant venue on QM2  .

Edited by Bell Boy

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:
6 hours ago, HammerNJ said:

Which ship? I don’t think the balcony is larger on any of the current ships. It’s all down to dining and extras.

Sorry, should have said that this relates to the Queen Victoria, cheers!

4 hours ago, HammerNJ said:

Sorry, should have said that this relates to the Queen Victoria, cheers!

I find there is little advantage in having a Britannia Club stateroom as long as Cunard continues with the open dining option. Why would one pay all the extra to have a room that has a slightly different  interior decor than the lower grade plus be higher on the ship where it is less stable all for the sake of being able to dine at a more casual time which you can do in the normal Britannia grade,

Having said that however, the QV is the best ship afloat so as long as you are onboard and can afford it....why not.

hope you have a great trip.

15 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

I find there is little advantage in having a Britannia Club stateroom as long as Cunard continues with the open dining option. Why would one pay all the extra to have a room that has a slightly different  interior decor than the lower grade plus be higher on the ship where it is less stable all for the sake of being able to dine at a more casual time which you can do in the normal Britannia grade,

Having said that however, the QV is the best ship afloat so as long as you are onboard and can afford it....why not.

hope you have a great trip.

The Victoria is the only one we haven’t been on. Can you provide a little information that made you feel that way? (So far, we are enamored of the QM2.)

Edited by 2Oldpeopleinlove

21 minutes ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

The Victoria is the only one we haven’t been on. Can you provide a little information that made you feel that way? (So far, we are enamored of the QM2.)

Others will disagree and will have their own favorite/s but Queen Victoria [like Roscoe, our home from home too] is the Happy Ship as far as we're concerned and she makes us so happy the minute we see her, never mind embark. In fact, I'm happy just thinking abut the three trips we have scheduled on her this year. Without wishing my life away, bring the first one on! 🙂

28 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Others will disagree and will have their own favorite/s but Queen Victoria [like Roscoe, our home from home too] is the Happy Ship as far as we're concerned and she makes us so happy the minute we see her, never mind embark. In fact, I'm happy just thinking abut the three trips we have scheduled on her this year. Without wishing my life away, bring the first one on! 🙂

I hope you haven’t been reading the recent reviews. Or at least taking them with a huge handful of salt.

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I hope you haven’t been reading the recent reviews. Or at least taking them with a huge handful of salt.

I don't read reviews.

My idea of a wonderful holiday bears no relation to many others' views. The day we come home from  a QV holiday, dissatisfied, is the day we might start looking at Regent but until then, we are our own 'persons' and will continue to enjoy our home from home.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 2:42 PM, HammerNJ said:

Hello:

Longtime cruiser but never on Cunard. Curious to know what the actual difference is between Britannia & Britannia Club Balcony cabins is besides the larger balcony. 

Thanks, Hammer

Britannia Club is the better presented dining room

link to video 

6 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I don't read reviews.

My idea of a wonderful holiday bears no relation to many others' views. The day we come home from  a QV holiday, dissatisfied, is the day we might start looking at Regent but until then, we are our own 'persons' and will continue to enjoy our home from home.

Oh I always enjoy reading reviews, even those that are clearly factually wrong. The negative ones are often hilarious, and the thoughtful ones interesting, even though I have been on the ship a number of times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Oh I always enjoy reading reviews, even those that are clearly factually wrong. The negative ones are often hilarious, and the thoughtful ones interesting, even though I have been on the ship a number of times.

The only reviews/comment I read are on this Cunard board but I shall google some Victoria reviews forthwith. 🙂

Shan't take any notice but if they're amusing, they will make me smile.

Well..

Went for the Britannia Balcony as the Britannia Club Balcony is wait listed currently. Will be sailing from Southampton  to various ports in Spain and Portugal. This will be our 1st Cruise on Cunard, and will be four years since our last one, we're looking forward to it!

Thanks, all for the replies and info, there will surely be more!

• Like 1