Behind-the-scenes tour?

craig01020

34 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

It's a perk at platinum level, it was stopped over covid but reports say back (on Star), so maybe more?

The paid tour was better / longer than the free one you got. On the Getaway in January I 'heard" when they bring them back it will be $149 per person for the paid tour. I think the first one I did was $50

• Thanks 1

Just got off the Getaway. Missed the free Platinum tour first sea day. Wanted grandson and daughter to go so signed up for last sea day. $129 per person. Supposed to be two hours but lasted almost three. They ran over because of lots of waiting around for other tours to finish( they ran ones  20 minutes). Daughter said it was boring. Saw very little with no presents or snacks. I was so disappointed as we did one on Regal Princess that was terrific. 

• Like 1

NCL's free BTS tours - many years ago (long before Covid shutdown) were up to 2 hours, 90 minutes more typical but some were shorten to about 75 minutes or less with 3 stops, as others said.  Paid NCL BTS tours for all passengers were $79 or $80 and last up to 3 hours, with 2 additional stops.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

The paid tour was better / longer than the free one you got. On the Getaway in January I 'heard" when they bring them back it will be $149 per person for the paid tour. I think the first one I did was $50

It was offered on the Star, I heard $99 - but that also could have been the price after the $50 discount. The free latitudes one covered the theater, laundry, and kitchen. The paid one also takes you to the bridge I believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Just got off the Getaway. Missed the free Platinum tour first sea day. Wanted grandson and daughter to go so signed up for last sea day. $129 per person. Supposed to be two hours but lasted almost three. They ran over because of lots of waiting around for other tours to finish( they ran ones  20 minutes). Daughter said it was boring. Saw very little with no presents or snacks. I was so disappointed as we did one on Regal Princess that was terrific. 

Presents or snacks?

21 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Presents or snacks?

when i did the behind the scenes tour on carnival back in day i got a plate of cookies, picture with the captain and a backpack of goodies like a hat, lanyard and other things

carnival is the only that provides this form what i noticed. Norwegian, Royal give you nothing for doing the tour