How long can we stay on the ship on disembarcation day?

Derbie

We have a late flight home, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea on when they kick out the last people off the ship?  We are arranging transportation and want to plan accordingly.  Sailing the Panorama out of Long Beach in a few weeks.  

Thanks to anyone who may know.

Usually last call is around 10am. We have seen as early as 930 and as late as 11. There are a lot of variables so there really isnt a hard concrete time for every sailing.

We try and do the same so we miss the crowds and chaos.

• Like 2

Our last cruise we decided we were tired of fighting the crowds and having to throw elbows to get off the ship so didn't leave our cabin until around 8. We went to the Lido to eat breakfast and then just sat there drinking coffee with a few others that had the same idea. They eventually made an announcement around 10 that if you were still on board it was time to head down to disembark. We had no trouble getting an elevator and when we got to the atrium we walked right off the ship. After that we decided that's the way to do it from now on. No crowds, no rude people, no stress. 

• Like 6

Generally, they want you out of your cabin by 8:30 and off the ship no later than 9:30-10:00. However, as others have said, there are some variables as late arrivals to port, among other things, can affect the timeline.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

Generally, they want you out of your cabin by 8:30 and off the ship no later than 9:30-10:00. However, as others have said, there are some variables as late arrivals to port, among other things, can affect the timeline.

Cabin departure is most typically 8a in my experience. Agree that 'All Ashore' call typically comes about 9:30. By 10a anyone left onboard will certainly be hearing their name over the loudspeaker. Obviously delays are possible but that starts to impact embarkation. 

Yes, we always just have a seat play some cards and wait until the last few are disembarking as we are just driving home and are in no hurry. This also makes everything easier for us. Luggage easy to find, no lines when leaving, just a lot nicer. As others have said. 9:30 to 10 is about right. We have never been on a ship after 10:15 on debarkation day. 

15 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

We got off at 8 at long beach and checked in an airport hotel before a midnight flight home.  

Was well the $$ as LAX was bonkers even for redeyes. 

Interesting idea here, this never crossed my mind before.

On 3/1/2023 at 6:50 PM, Derbie said:

We have a late flight home, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea on when they kick out the last people off the ship?  We are arranging transportation and want to plan accordingly.  Sailing the Panorama out of Long Beach in a few weeks.  

Thanks to anyone who may know.

We were on the Panorama in mid-January.  Had to be out of our stateroom by 8:30 and if I remember correctly, they were asking everyone to be off by 9:30, possibly 10:00 at the latest. We were off early because we had a flight to catch.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:12 PM, Rudyard said:

Our last cruise we decided we were tired of fighting the crowds and having to throw elbows to get off the ship so didn't leave our cabin until around 8. We went to the Lido to eat breakfast and then just sat there drinking coffee with a few others that had the same idea. They eventually made an announcement around 10 that if you were still on board it was time to head down to disembark. We had no trouble getting an elevator and when we got to the atrium we walked right off the ship. After that we decided that's the way to do it from now on. No crowds, no rude people, no stress. 

I’m going to do this on my October Panorama cruise, no flights to deal with. I always do early walk off but this sounds like a great way to end the cruise!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I’m going to do this on my October Panorama cruise, no flights to deal with. I always do early walk off but this sounds like a great way to end the cruise!

It very much is a great way to end it.

We have learned to avoid crowds on both ends of the cruise by showing up on embarkation day around 1230 or 1. The crowds are gone, there are no lines or hassle and we walk right on the ship. On debarkation day we leave our cabin, have a leisurely breakfast on Lido then find a lounge chair until last call at around 10ish and walk right off with no lines, crowds or hassle.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 10:12 PM, Rudyard said:

This is the way to go.  Take your time getting off the ship and get a 100-300 flight home if possible.

• Like 1