Taxi from Port Everglades to FLL airport

Dancing Shoes

18 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

On Monday we left the port terminal and there was a shared minibus looking for passengers to the airport. At $11 per person it was cheaper than Uber. 

The shuttle price would be $22 for 2 passengers, $33 for three...since shuttles charge per passenger and Uber/Lyft/Taxis charge per vehicle.

Even with 2 passengers Uber and Lyft are probably cheaper.  Taxis are probably close to the shuttle fare for 2 passengers but faster going directly to your terminal and not necessarily stopping to let other passengers off en route.

7 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

What is the approximate going rate?  Still $15 plus tip?  I have read they don't like to take credit cards or run the meter. 

We took a taxi from Terminal 2 to FLL a week ago. The fare from T2 to the airport was around $14 plus tip.

I had read here on CC that there are issues in that area with taxi drivers refusing to use the meter, but on both our trips (to and from FLL) the drivers did use the meters. As we were standing in line at PE to catch the cab back to the airport, I asked the sherrif's deputy who was calling and loading the cabs (why do they use police for that?) about the issue of taxi drivers not using the meters. He was quite adamant that all taxis must use the meter, as if it was not an issue. I suspect he wasn't aware that it probably is, given the comments here on CC.

17 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

How quick was the trip to Ft. L airport? 

Look at a map and you will see that the port and the airport are contiguous, only separated by a highway.  The ride is less than 15 minutes.

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Look at a map and you will see that the port and the airport are contiguous, only separated by a highway.  The ride is less than 15 minutes.

Thank you for this. We did this last September, but was a blur.  We have an early flight and it's stressing me out. 

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

Thank you for this. We did this last September, but was a blur.  We have an early flight and it's stressing me out. 

Our flight was moved to 11:39 am.  We will do the walk off with luggage.  I know the feeling.  Thanks everyone. 

Edited by Dancing Shoes

14 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Our flight was moved to 11:39 am.  We will do the walk off with luggage.  I know the feeling.  Thanks everyone. 

We've had flights that early a number of times. We did early walkoff with our bags, were among the first off the ship to beat the lines, and were at FLL easily well before 8:30. That assumes all goes well with the ship's arrival into PE of course.

14 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

How early is early?

20 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

10:45!   Princess says any flights after 10:00 are doable. It was that or wait until 4:00 and hubs has to work the next day (morning @2:00). 

Actually Princess considers flights after 11 am "doable" and restricts their EZ-Air flight availability to after 11.  I think you should be okay with 10:45.  Just don't dawdle until you are waiting at the gate.

11 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Actually Princess considers flights after 11 am "doable" and restricts their EZ-Air flight availability to after 11.  I think you should be okay with 10:45.  Just don't dawdle until you are waiting at the gate.

Oh. there will be no dawdling on this trip home.  My TA said she would do it, so putting my trust in her. We are usually up and at the airport early. Carry off our own luggage and all.

Just now, cruisegal40 said:

Oh. there will be no dawdling on this trip home.  My TA said she would do it, so putting my trust in her. We are usually up and at the airport early. Carry off our own luggage and all.

You should be fine.  Have a lovely cruise!