Can you share your experiences with the Plus-50?

kilili

Hi all,

So I know this has been talked about extensively, especially on another post I wrote a while ago.  However, cruisers are posting on other social media sites that they have been held to the 12.00 drink limit....In fact, one cruiser was enjoying up to the 15.00 limit for the first two days, and then suddenly they started being charged for everything over 12.00.  This is on the Regal, and it was posted as a warning to the other cruisers.  She even mentioned going to Guest Services where they were told, "Sorry you have the old package".   Also, she has been posting MDR menus, and the up-charge for steak or lobster is 29.00 and for Surf and Turf 45.00 (menus posted here are 19, 19 and 29).  Anyone else experience this?  Just trying to be prepared or see if I need to upgrade.

TIA

Edited by kilili

9 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Oh that's interesting!

What was the cut off date between the old package and the new? We just purchased our cruise with the plus package a couple weeks ago for a May sailing.

Thanks

Cutoff date was December 14, and the "new" package came into effect after February 20.  You should be fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

50560D18-7F36-4A68-88E6-E73839DB510C.png

The poster is saying that despite what this says she is being charged for anything above 12.00 (the difference).  She paired three days ago and today I asked her and they are still doing it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kilili said:

The poster is saying that despite what this says she is being charged for anything above 12.00 (the difference).  She paired three days ago and today I asked her and they are still doing it.

You may share this with her.  There are two "disclaimers".  

1.  Plus beverages up to $15.

2.  The check marks aren't included.

I'm not sure if she has Plus or Premier, but the same should apply.

If you can live without the "extras" you shouldn't have to upgrade to the $60 price.

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

You may share this with her.  There are two "disclaimers".  

1.  Plus beverages up to $15.

2.  The check marks aren't included.

I'm not sure if she has Plus or Premier, but the same should apply.

If you can live without the "extras" you shouldn't have to upgrade to the $60 price.

She is on board and posted this.  Even went to guest services 

EEB7CF30-2228-45A1-ACE0-13BB99F3FEE2.jpeg

Do you personally know these cruises?  I take anything posted on social networks with a grain of salt.  Glad you trying to verify this on CC..  Print out the documents on your personalizer.  Board and deal with it when you are charge (if you are).

I find it very odd that this is the only posting about this in the 10 days the packages changed. Would wonder if this can be verified by another user. I would personally ask to talk to the bar manager

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kilili said:

Hi all,

So I know this has been talked about extensively, especially on another post I wrote a while ago.  However, cruisers are posting on other social media sites that they have been held to the 12.00 drink limit....In fact, one cruiser was enjoying up to the 15.00 limit for the first two days, and then suddenly they started being charged for everything over 12.00.  This is on the Regal, and it was posted as a warning to the other cruisers.  She even mentioned going to Guest Services where they were told, "Sorry you have the old package".   Also, she has been posting MDR menus, and the up-charge for steak or lobster is 29.00 and for Surf and Turf 45.00 (menus posted here are 19, 19 and 29).  Anyone else experience this?  Just trying to be prepared or see if I need to upgrade.

TIA

Since this is not being posted on CC by the original who experienced this I have numerous doubts. No one has reported this on CC directly from a user and if many cruisers who book many cruises and book early so they have probably paid $40 or $50 not $60 for the plus package like I have and have not reported here any issues. I would think there would have been multiple posts here

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

Sounds suspicious to me. The supposed poster says that they were told at several bars that their limit was $15. So why not just order from those specific bars?  

I think it seemed things were over-ridden or changed at Purser's Office???

I also seem to recall that the FAQ's indicated guests who purchased Plus package when it was $12 drink limit would receive a $15 drink limit price on their cruise.  They just wouldn't get the new add-ons - the desserts and fitness classes.

• Like 1

I am currently on Majestic Princess and have the "old" Plus Package.  The problem is many of the menus have not been updated . So if you order a $15 dollar wine off an old menu you will/ may be charged .  That $15dollar wine  is probably $20 on the new menu  - if you can find one.   No wonder bar staff and passengers are confused.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, robncruise said:

I am currently on Majestic Princess and have the "old" Plus Package.  The problem is many of the menus have not been updated . So if you order a $15 dollar wine off an old menu you will/ may be charged .  That $15dollar wine  is probably $20 on the new menu  - if you can find one.   No wonder bar staff and passengers are confused.  

An interesting logic problem. Quite existential actually. If the ship has not yet raised prices or changed the menus, then there is no need to raise the $12 limit. For example, if under the old system the “Smith Family Chardonnay” was $11 dollars and the “Lopez Family Chardonnay” was $14, under Plus the former was included and the latter was not. Along comes 2/20 but they don’t change anything on board ship #1 but they do make price and menu adjustments on ship #2 and Smith is now $13 and Lopez is now $17. If a passenger on ship #1 is limited to $12 but a passenger on ship #2 gets bumped to $15, they are actually in the same situation. Both get Smith included and have to pay $2 extra for Lopez. 

So if there are people who are being limited to a $12 cap but the ship they are on has not raised prices, they aren’t being cheated.  But if the prices have gone up but the limit has not, that is a major problem. Under that scenario they don’t qualify for either Smith or Lopez.