Just off Carnival Luminosa 3 day from Brisbane

Happy to answer any questions for those cruising on Luminosa soon. 

We stayed the night before at Kings Ford Smith motel who provide a free transfer to the cruise terminal. Great renovated rooms, nice little pool, free bottle of wine if you book direct $185 queen room renovated recently super clean. 

Easy walk to ghost town Portside Wharf area for Woolies, IGA and cafes. 

Loved the Luminosa, plenty of happy helpful staff. 

We had a balcony on deck 4, larger balcony. Great location too. 

Ask away if you have questions, we have a 2 hour wait for our propeller plane home haha! 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Was that a free transfer to BICT? As assuming Luminosa uses this terminal.

Yes it was and it does. 

I called the motel once we had our check-in time of 11.30am and they had us on the first transfer at about 10.30am. We were the only ones so got scenic back road tour! 

We have no special loyalty with Carnival or were in a suite and were on board at 11.15am.

They called anyone waiting at 11am. Some boarding had 2pm on their passes. 

• Like 2

Did you happen to go to the Sunset Bar AT Sunset time? Hoping the bar opening hours have improved since the inaugural cruise. I went for sunset cocktails but they were closing before sunset, go figure. 

We are just back from a 5 day cruise on Quantum out of Brisbane.

thanks to CC we also stayed at Kingsford Smith motel.   Very pleasant.

we used their free shuttle to the BICT and found the driver pleasant and informative.

we could not believe how easy it was to board.

plenty staff and quick.  We had a 11.00 time but we’re on by 10.30.

eileen

25 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Did you happen to go to the Sunset Bar AT Sunset time? Hoping the bar opening hours have improved since the inaugural cruise. I went for sunset cocktails but they were closing before sunset, go figure. 

Home now😁

Couldn't say how late it stayed open till, the Oasis area was always packed so we stayed clear. Would like to spend more time out there and upstairs on a longer cruise.

We took our coffee up there yesterday about 7am, nice spot!

22 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

We are just back from a 5 day cruise on Quantum out of Brisbane.

thanks to CC we also stayed at Kingsford Smith motel.   Very pleasant.

we used their free shuttle to the BICT and found the driver pleasant and informative.

we could not believe how easy it was to board.

plenty staff and quick.  We had a 11.00 time but we’re on by 10.30.

eileen

Yes, Helen and husband are lovely and helpful. He told us that they are extending as they own the block next door so more rooms and are building a new pool as well.

Everyone we spoke to was saying how great the boarding process was.

We live halfway between Brisbane and Sydney so don't mind where we embark, but surprisingly we really enjoyed sailing from the new terminal, cruising past Moreton Island and Bribie on the way out.

For those interested, taxi from the  domestic airport to Kingsford Smith Motel at Hamilton was $40 and from the BICT to the domestic Airport was $49. We thought it would be cheaper as we shared with another couple in a van, but he charged us $49 each couple!!! Didn't realise until I checked our account. Probably should have been taking more notice and not chatting haha!!

• Like 1

The airport at Brisbane looks very close to the cruise terminal, and you can actually see planes parked near the fence line as you drive. But the distance is deceiving, because the main entry road to the airport terminals is around three sides of a big square from the BICT, so it's not really close.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

The airport at Brisbane looks very close to the cruise terminal, and you can actually see planes parked near the fence line as you drive. But the distance is deceiving, because the main entry road to the airport terminals is around three sides of a big square from the BICT, so it's not really close.

Or vice versa

20230227_122028.thumb.jpg.f672e5852e62b68ee71d3e420a79b341.jpg

• Like 1

I guess you might not know the answer to this as your cruise was short, but is there anywhere on board where I can press my clothes? I am on a 22 night pacific crossing, and am wondering what to do, other than pack polyester wrinkle free stuff…ugh.

35 minutes ago, Flash harriet said:

I guess you might not know the answer to this as your cruise was short, but is there anywhere on board where I can press my clothes? I am on a 22 night pacific crossing, and am wondering what to do, other than pack polyester wrinkle free stuff…ugh.

Nope, you have to send it off to the crew. 

55 minutes ago, Flash harriet said:

Clothes still crease up for a short cruise!

We use Eagle creek packing cubes and their clothes folder on all our trips and I mostly never iron.

The clothes folder is like an envelope and has a hard card which you fold your clothes with then slip it out. All our shirts, tshirts, dresses ( not hubby's!) go in it. It velcroses up like an envelope. We have fit 3 week holidays in it.

Pants, shorts, jeans etc get rolled and put into a packing cubes.

We only took a small carryon wheelie each and the clothes folder fit nicely in one side with a large and small packing cube the other.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

How was the tucker and entertainment, Chez? 

Really good Les, we ate in the dining room first two nights, then we found out  that the buffet serves the same food as the dining room menu mains, so the last night we dined there. We had a couple of bottles of unfinished red wine, nabbed a table on the sunset side and enjoyed a nice dinner.

As there were 2 seadays Brunch was served in the dining room, enough choices.

Love the Hamburger Grill, no problem burgers without the bun, Pizza was always busy and the BBQ meats at the back of the buffet area OMG yum......best off all, all free!!

Re entertainment, we enjoyed a couple of comedy shows, better than the Comedy advertised cruise on P&O. The 2 shows in the Show lounge were good, great vocals, loads of trivia.

There was such a diverse mix of people, oldies, kids, groups, families, couples all having a great time.

Only problem I could see was there is only one family pool and it was packed when ever we walked out there, but then so was the Adult area outback. We took a coffee out there about 7am one morning and all the pods were toweled and taken!

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 4:24 PM, cheznandy said:

Clothes still crease up for a short cruise!

We use Eagle creek packing cubes and their clothes folder on all our trips and I mostly never iron.

The clothes folder is like an envelope and has a hard card which you fold your clothes with then slip it out. All our shirts, tshirts, dresses ( not hubby's!) go in it. It velcroses up like an envelope. We have fit 3 week holidays in it.

Pants, shorts, jeans etc get rolled and put into a packing cubes.

We only took a small carryon wheelie each and the clothes folder fit nicely in one side with a large and small packing cube the other.

Does Andy have wrinkles in his dresses, or are they crimplene?

Edited by arxcards
wrong tense

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Does Andy have wrinkles in his dresses, or are they crimplene?

Crimplene bahaha

There is a photo of him somewhere when he was on the Pacific Sky in about 2000, their change of sex night, nice dress and lippy. 

He used to be fun😜

• Haha 2