News on Silver Nova

John117

11 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

Oh no…now I’m rethinking my cabin!

In my excitement for an aft cabin (and booking onboard) I just didn't think through all my usual rules about cabin location.  It was difficult to give up the wake view and deeper balcony, but I am very sure it's a better choice for me.  You'll consider your needs and make a decision.

Edited by mchell810

Just now, mchell810 said:

In my excitement for an aft cabin (and booking onboard) I just didn't think through all my usual rules about cabin location.  It was difficult to give up the wake view and deeper balcony, but I am very sure it's a better choice for my.  You'll consider your needs and make a decision.

I’m hoping someone will help ease my concern after a few sailings and we hear some real world stories. I have a lot of time to change if I have to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lookingtocruise42 said:

Unfortunately, the super long images of menus seem to be compressed and unreadable 😞 

Sorry for that. Those are scrolled screenshots from the ship´s app website and the scrolling didn´t work by day 2. I try to split up those pix and make larger ones. But that may take a couple of days.

steamboats

19 hours ago, mchell810 said:

In my excitement for an aft cabin (and booking onboard) I just didn't think through all my usual rules about cabin location.  It was difficult to give up the wake view and deeper balcony, but I am very sure it's a better choice for me.  You'll consider your needs and make a decision.

Both Otium Suites are aft facing, one on deck 6 the other on 7

19 hours ago, Lookingtocruise42 said:

That is a wonderful link!

The bottom of that page also links to restaurants. Unfortunately, the super long images of menus seem to be compressed and unreadable 😞 

I can read them clearly on my iPAD if I do an extra click on each menu.  Or maybe they were meanwhile fixed?

28 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

I can read them clearly on my iPAD if I do an extra click on each menu.  Or maybe they were meanwhile fixed?

Not yet fixed 😉 as I didn´t have access to my main computer where all the files are stored (I´m on my laptop right now).

Some information from Silversea regarding La Dame:

160 Dollar are for the Signature menu plus wine pairing with 4 reds/4 whites/1 dessert wine which are only available in La Dame. Instead of the Signature menu you can also chose from the regular menu.

For additional 90 Dollar you can go up to a wine pairing with wines from the Connoisseur´s Wine List.

For additional 140 Dollar you can upgrade to a champagne pairing. So that would be a total of 300 Dollar for the menu plus champagne.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

From your posted 'signature menu' it looks like there are also prices listed for each special wine *per course.*  I assume that means there is an option to get only one or two of the selections (e.g., depending on the size of the pairing pours, some of us lower BMI/slow liver metabolizer/older people may want to avoid intoxication).  If the pours are 3 ounzes each that would mean well over a bottle of wine per person -- a bit much if you only sit there 2 hours, more doable if you could sit until midnight, but then the staff might not be too happy 🙂

@Catlover54 I wasn´t sure whether those single wines mentioned in the menu are the ones from the Connoisseur´s List and the Champagne Pairing. But it sounds like you can also just "upgrade" for a single wine.

@DCPIV there are no water bottles onboard Silver Nova which you have to pay for. The regular Vero water is available at each bar or at the refill stations. There´s also a bottle of still and sparkling water in your minibar (which is refilled several times throughout the day). There´s a nice bottle (per person) in the suite which you can use for carrying around (either on the ship or on shore - and take back home as a souvenir). The crew will be happy to refill this bottle.

steamboats

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

@Catlover54 I wasn´t sure whether those single wines mentioned in the menu are the ones from the Connoisseur´s List and the Champagne Pairing. But it sounds like you can also just "upgrade" for a single wine.

@DCPIV there are no water bottles onboard Silver Nova which you have to pay for. The regular Vero water is available at each bar or at the refill stations. There´s also a bottle of still and sparkling water in your minibar (which is refilled several times throughout the day). There´s a nice bottle (per person) in the suite which you can use for carrying around (either on the ship or on shore - and take back home as a souvenir). The crew will be happy to refill this bottle.

steamboats

I wondered whether the water bottles shown were “take homes”, thanks for that additional detail!  The color happens to go well with my home decor…😎

2 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

I wondered whether the water bottles shown were “take homes”, thanks for that additional detail!  The color happens to go well with my home decor…😎

Yes, the greenish ones are the souvenir bottles.

Here's my detailed view into our Deluxe Veranda suite.

steamboats 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 11:39 PM, Lookingtocruise42 said:

The bottom of that page also links to restaurants. Unfortunately, the super long images of menus seem to be compressed and unreadable 😞 

Unfortunately I can´t enlarge the photos. I´m sorry.

steamboats

32 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

Thanks for the view.  It looks more narrow to me than a Deluxe Veranda on the Dawn - am I mistaken?

I had that same feeling from other videos.  I looked it up --  the rooms are 30 sq. ft smaller on Nova than Dawn based on room details on the SS website.

• Thanks 1

Wow, I hadn't really thought about suite size (other than I knew that Cloud, Wind and the Expedition ships should be reasonably smaller).  Comparing Deluxe Verandas, there is a noticeable range:

Cloud:  295 sq. ft.

Shadow:  345 sq. ft.

Spirit: 376 sq. ft.

Dawn:  387 sq. ft.

Nova:  357 sq. ft.

8 hours ago, jeter55 said:

Thanks for your wonderful detailed review.

In another video posted I heard pumped in music in I think in the dusk bar. I hope that is not the norm as I appreciate live music or no music.

I hope the same -- I'll just have to get on board to find out for sure, and am looking forward to doing the intense and difficult research. 🙂

It's not just the idea of pumped in music that is the problem, it is that the pumped in music on too many lines (even lines where the bulk of guests are seniors), is either pounding or wailing on deck, in spas,  or in dining areas, sadly to the point of interfering with what would otherwise be the inspiring sound of the sea.  And on top of that the pumped stuff tends to be too loud, at least  for my taste.  I know some guests (and the young staff you set it up) like it, so it feels like the ship is a cool and 'happening' place as opposed to a "mausoleum", as some SS cruises in the past have been described. 

5 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Wow, I hadn't really thought about suite size (other than I knew that Cloud, Wind and the Expedition ships should be reasonably smaller).  Comparing Deluxe Verandas, there is a noticeable range:

Cloud:  295 sq. ft.

Shadow:  345 sq. ft.

Spirit: 376 sq. ft.

Dawn:  387 sq. ft.

Nova:  357 sq. ft.

Appreciate the overview.  Don’t be overly worried about the size of the Nova vs. Dawn though, because ultimately it’s all about the design layout.  

In my opinion, the Spirit is the worst because of the minimal space between bed and wall mirror stool.  When in use, it’s virtually impossible to walk between the two.

52 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Appreciate the overview.  Don’t be overly worried about the size of the Nova vs. Dawn though, because ultimately it’s all about the design layout.  

In my opinion, the Spirit is the worst because of the minimal space between bed and wall mirror stool.  When in use, it’s virtually impossible to walk between the two.

Especially when you have no lights in your cabin for a whole week. Or tv or phone. I Believe the Nova and Dawn both now have electrical lighting in all Cabins which is certainly a plus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Thanks for the view.  It looks more narrow to me than a Deluxe Veranda on the Dawn - am I mistaken?

I haven´t been on the Dawn, so I can´t copmpare.

17 hours ago, jeter55 said:

In another video posted I heard pumped in music in I think in the dusk bar. I hope that is not the norm as I appreciate live music or no music.

As far as I remember it was sort of "half playback" - I remember a sax player and a second guy. I don´t remember whether the second guy did the playback or whether he had a guitar. I think I took a photo but I´m not that far sorting my photos yet.

steamboats

• Like 1

Today´s entry is featuring the show cabins (3 suite categories). Unfortunately we could only visit the suites with a ship tour - so too many people to take better photos. Those on IG might watch my reels with a walk through.

This is the last entry about the ship itself. The next entry I will start the review of the cruise and then our last two days in Venice. Some highlights will be a behind the scenes tour or the Chef´s Table. But those are the entries I still have to work on.

steamboats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Steamboats... thank you very much for all that you have published.  It has only heightened my excitement to board in a few months. May I identify a needed correction to your latest entry: You have mis-labelled the Silver Suite and Signature Suite.   7095 is the Signature and 6020 is the Silver.   You have them the other way around 🙂 

• Like 2