News on Silver Nova

John117

10 hours ago, goldengatecruisers said:

,. May I identify a needed correction to your latest entry: You have mis-labelled the Silver Suite and Signature Suite.   7095 is the Signature and 6020 is the Silver.   You have them the other way around 🙂 

Thanks, I change it. I have it correct in my Insta Reels.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A new entry... Day 1 - not too many photos but some of The Marquee Lunch and Atlantide Dinner and cocktails in the S.A.L.T. Bar.

Tomorrow will be sort of an overkill of photos with a S.A.L.T. tour, a even more extense behind the scenes tour and Chef´s Table at the S.A.L.T. Lab. I´m still working on the dinner photos.

steamboats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

A new entry... Day 1 - not too many photos but some of The Marquee Lunch and Atlantide Dinner and cocktails in the S.A.L.T. Bar.

Tomorrow will be sort of an overkill of photos with a S.A.L.T. tour, a even more extense behind the scenes tour and Chef´s Table at the S.A.L.T. Lab. I´m still working on the dinner photos.

steamboats

Can you have a look at the Shelter for me and report back, I understand that its 32 seats.

I'm thinking that it offers premium Champagne by the glass?

19 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Can you have a look at the Shelter for me and report back, I understand that its 32 seats.

I'm thinking that it offers premium Champagne by the glass?

I'm not onboard anymore but you can find photos and the menu of The Shelter here.

steamboats 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nova - help please
I have some questions if you’re onboard or were onboard 
1) is there a pool lift/chair for a disabled person to use to get in the pool. It is usually a round tube anchored in concrete with a chair on it and a controller. 
2) same question as above for the hot tub (s)
3) do the doors from the interior public spaces to the exterior spaces open automatically? If not is there a button to easily push to have them open?
4) are the public toilets/restrooms wheelchair accessible? 
Thank you for your help

12 hours ago, JSR said:

Nova - help please
1) is there a pool lift/chair for a disabled person to use to get in the pool. It is usually a round tube anchored in concrete with a chair on it and a controller. 
3) do the doors from the interior public spaces to the exterior spaces open automatically? If not is there a button to easily push to have them open?
Thank you for your help

My answers:

1/2 - there is nothing obviously visible neither at the pool nor at the Cliff Whirlpool. But there is something (not that chair type, but it looks like you have to hang on) at the indoor pool in the spa area. Check my photos on here (for the spa it´s the last one of the indoor pool).

3/4 all doors to public restrooms or the outside areas either open automatically or have those new touchless bottoms where you just have to wave. Doors to the public restrooms did open automatically when you "touch" those buttons. There are also designated wheelchair accessible public bathrooms.

steamboats

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

Is there a night light and/or a clock in the suite?

In the Veranda Cabin, the bathroom has a low light around the mirror that works for us as a night light with bathroom door closed. No clock in the room and the wake up called did miss calling us a couple of times so I also set my phone alarm.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

Our day in Zadar is online now including the Chef´s Table and a very extense behind the scenes tour.

steamboats

I am greatly enjoying your detailed day to day descriptions and photos.  I definitely understand why you prefer being a cruise influencer instead of a lawyer ! 🙂

Though I was inclined to give Nova a try, it is your detailed blog with photos that pushed me over the edge to book, and I am truly looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

@Catlover54 law is still my main profession. And I wouldn´t call myself influencer (I don´t earn any money with my reviews). I just want to give information. I have the privilege to see and cruise with new ships as my DH is a cruise journalist.

steamboats

Thank you for clarifying. Unless someone works less than half-time as a lawyer in the U.S., or has a very sweet deal through family or other connections , they simply would not have nearly enough time to do all the cruises you have so beautifully posted about over the years, and on so many lines, with behind the scenes access  ("full-time" lawyers here often work very, very long hours, unless they work for government  :). So I incorrectly assumed you had given up practicing law. But of course work hours are likely different in Germany (the only two I know there work very long hours, but they are very gung ho Type A personalities who barely have time for a coffee break, much less a cruise).

I apologize, I didn't mean to electronically demote you from practicing attorney to cruise influencer (not that there would be  anything wrong with being a cruise influencer if you were one, and I still thank you, though without providing revenue, for having 'influenced' me in any event) 🙂

Your husband's being a cruise journalist certainly explains a lot.

I look forward to more of your pictures and thorough reports, both here and on future SS and other cruises.  

BTW you have also helped me with sound and accurate commentary about Hapag Lloyd, especially during Covid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Works fine just like the Muse class ships. We have just used it.

I have only been on Spirit with Silverseas and there was one washer/dryer per deck, in a closet space.  We will be on Nova in December, are there more machines in each laundry room?

42 minutes ago, C-sea said:

I have only been on Spirit with Silverseas and there was one washer/dryer per deck, in a closet space.  We will be on Nova in December, are there more machines in each laundry room?

@steamboats included pictures of the laundry rooms in her blog Silver Nova - Additional costs on board - Carmens CruiseDiary

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Works fine just like the Muse class ships. We have just used it.

Hey Tucson Guy, it's Oro Valley Girl. So glad to see you are on the Nova.

Your great reporting is much appreciated. We sail Oct. 16th. 

Guess the four of us will have to get together one of these days.

Elaine😎

8 hours ago, C-sea said:

There are two washers and two dryers on decks 6 through 9. Usually found one open.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boccenana said:

Hey Tucson Guy, it's Oro Valley Girl. So glad to see you are on the Nova.

Your great reporting is much appreciated. We sail Oct. 16th. 

Guess the four of us will have to get together one of these days.

Elaine😎

We will cross paths on the high seas some day!

On 8/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, JSR said:

Nova - help please
Thank you for your help

On another site a women onboard was able to ascertain that there is indeed a lift that the pool staff will set up with 15 minutes notice. So the answer to 1/2 is yes. 

thanks 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steamboats said:

So unfortunately there´s a day coming when you have to disembark. But fortunately we have another night in Venice to explore the city. So here´s day 1 on Venice and Burano.

steamboats

Love Venice photos and useful DIY descriptions

(though of course I favor the photos of the tabby felines 🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

Love Venice photos and useful DIY descriptions

(though of course I favor the photos of the tabby felines 🙂

On a trip to Italy a number of years ago I found a calendar called Cats of Italy. It had cats sitting on many of the famous sites of Italy. I very much enjoyed having it up on my wall at my office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1