NCL does NOT guarantee you’ll make it to the ship.

CILCIANRQTS

It seems that a lot of people are assuming that if they're using NCL's flights and transfers, then the ship will wait for them—similar to how NCL's excursions would work—but the T&Cs are pretty clear: what happens before you get to the ship isn't NCL's responsibility.

NCL may try to make accommodations if you're late, like getting you to the next port, but they can't guarantee anything. Caveat emptor.

All the best practices for getting to the ship on time still apply: get there 1 day early if it's a short flight, or 2 days early if it's a transcontinental or transoceanic, and carry travel insurance.

Or alternately, know that you're rolling the dice by flying into the port city on departure day.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sharonann24 said:

We are in the process of booking the Prima July 27 trip to Iceland and the air is included.  We are traveling with my father (who will be 94) and I really am leaning towards coming in the day before.  We just returned from a Celebrity cruise where we arrived on embarcation day in Ft. Lauderdale and had no problem, but we had a very early morning flight.  We also did a Viking River cruise in which air and transport was included.  I am being cautious however.

They will also give each of you a $25 credit for doing the early deviation.

8 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Which program did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure what you mean by ‘program’. We booked the second guest flies free promotion that has been around for a couple years now.

12 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Not sure what you mean by ‘program’. We booked the second guest flies free promotion that has been around for a couple years now.

Ah, sorry. What I meant was, did you use the BOGO air (2nd person flies free) or the NCL Air program, which is a different service where you get to choose your airline, itinerary and seats. I think your response tells me that, but thought you should be aware that there is another one.

3 minutes ago, Ray4Fun said:

For $50 USD use NCL Premium Air Services. They state you can choose airline, departure date, etc. 

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/premium-air

I have not used NCL's service so this is straight from them. 

@gmbhardy This is the other program I was thinking of. Thanks to @Ray4Fun for posting this. 😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

Does anyone have experience using the Free at Sea (2nd flies free) and then adding this Premium Air?

I have not used either, but I don't believe that you 'add' Premium Air to the 2nd flies free promo.  If you booked with the promo I think you would have to have that removed from your reservation and then you would get the Premium Air instead.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I have not used either, but I don't believe that you 'add' Premium Air to the 2nd flies free promo.  If you booked with the promo I think you would have to have that removed from your reservation and then you would get the Premium Air instead.

Correct...under the regular air program, you buy your seats through NCL and you pay 100% of the cost...under this program, you can pay the $50 fee to upgrade some options. This is completely different than the air you get as part of the Free at Sea promotion.

33 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

What follows is from the Air Sea program which is NOT the second person flies free with FAS offering.

Customization charges
For guests who prefer customized air arrangements, NCL can handle all special requests through the Premium Air Service Desk. These include such requests as specific airline carriers, routings, upgrades, or adding a specific stopover. Air Customization is available for Air Sea guests up to 75 days prior to sailing. Additional fees, charges and taxes related to air transportation imposed by U.S. and/or foreign governmental or quasi-governmental authorities including passenger and airport facility charges, air departure taxes, foreign airport taxes, customs/immigration/security fees, airport service charges and inspection fees may be applicable. Please note, customization is not combinable with our air promotion and is not available after tickets are issued.

Edited by GALSews

The only time I had a moments regret not having NCL book my air travel was when the Pearl was turned around and returned to port January 2022. Those who had booked with NCLhad their airfare re-booked and had flights ready when we arrived in Miami. Those of us who booked our own airfare had to do that on our own and had to pay change fees . Fortunately, insurance covered the fee.

• Like 1