TxTeach79's GLORY-OUS 3/12 Spring Break NOLA LIVE

TxTeach79

30 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

My daughter's 6th grade social studies teacher was her first crush. 

Mine died the summer after I had her and thus became my first funeral, so your daughter DEFINITELY wins. 😂 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay, Cruise reading secured. We pack tonight! I’m gonna try and do some more reading/relaxing on this cruise. Maybe. Hopefully. TBD. 

049F6289-23E7-4A31-9A44-A1AE0348728F.thumb.jpeg.bc37449078dd0c22af3e9a1e1adcf122.jpeg

In The Weeds sounds interesting.  If you do read it, please let us know what you thought of it.  TIA!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

In The Weeds sounds interesting.  If you do read it, please let us know what you thought of it.  TIA!

I'll definitely read it, the question is will I get it done this cruise.... sometimes I've been known to polish one off in a day, other times, I don't even open it. All depends on the vibe of the week I suppose. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Fourteen years in middle school, all history/social studies. 6th grade geography the last three years. You know, such a stable age. (Wouldn’t wanna do anything else tho)

POWER TO YOU!!!  As a mother of a 12 year old boy who's vocabulary barely reaches beyond "dude" and "bro"....you are my HERO!!!! 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

POWER TO YOU!!!  As a mother of a 12 year old boy who's vocabulary barely reaches beyond "dude" and "bro"....you are my HERO!!!! 

Don't know what you're talking about brah, no cap.

• Haha 7

It’s starting to feel real…. Just gotta get through the work day tomorrow. Staying at B’s tomorrow night since she’s close to Love Field and I’ll be gone for a week. Gonna be an early bedtime with that 6am flight looming. 

D969A332-D301-4F89-ACBF-627CEE76D610.thumb.jpeg.e3d7ff255ca04f0b7bbf9691831a7974.jpeg

• Like 8

Got to watch my Alma mater win the quarterfinal matchup in our conference tourney while I packed, which was nice (GMG!)… the game was five minutes from my house at The Star, and it pained me not to be there, but hey… cruise comes first. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

3ED76FCF-864B-424C-ABAF-A36B63DE8C11.thumb.png.f98cb9de59517416ce3dbcacac9189e5.png

less nice is this alarm. Gotta do the Southwest checkin thing early in the ol’ A.M. Here’s to A group luck, folks. 

E8D9527C-7D62-4F86-B1D5-DDEE4EC0F525.thumb.png.457233f353c14034dcb83ef74555490b.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Gotta do the Southwest checkin thing early in the ol’ A.M. Here’s to A group luck, folks. 

Best $20 (per flight) I've ever spent was buying Southwest's "early bird check-in" so I never have to stress over signing in exactly 24 hours from takeoff time. When you think about the fact that any other airline will charge you for bags, it's like a no brainer. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by allinwonderland
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, allinwonderland said:

Best $20 (per flight) I've ever spent was buying Southwest's "early bird check-in" so I never have to stress over signing in exactly 24 hours from takeoff time. When you think about the fact that any other airline will charge you for bags, it's like a no brainer. 🤷‍♀️

I was thinking about doing that on our return flight since we would be on the ship.  Does it check you in so you don't have to do anything?

• Like 2

Yep, I’ve definitely paid for early bird more than a few times. It’s a good move for sure. I just figured on this one I’d be getting up not long after that time anyway, so no big deal. Plus I’m solo, so as long as I’m not in high C group I’ll score an aisle or window. Super short flight too. 

2CBB5FAC-2F6E-4AD6-9686-7B82943222FD.thumb.png.f4f8bd31ebb70979ae3452e5fa7a933e.png

not terrible, it’ll work well enough, but I’d have likely been A group if not for this weird message I didn’t see until this morning…. 

D6CAA3CD-2FFA-42E9-B1A2-96BBD23BF19D.thumb.png.7718d8fd3b9a1c7734c44b22375ed975.png

25 hours? My flight is the day before daylight savings changes? Oh well. B25 should play just fine. 

Happy Friday everybody! I hope the kids are mellow today…. (HAHAHAHHAHAH)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

so as long as I’m not in high C group I’ll score an aisle or window.

Speaking of SWA, I checked in at 1 minute past the allowed time last night, and we ended up with C-33 and beyond. UGH. Good chance we won't be sitting together for this 3.5 hour flight to L.A. tonight. Now I'm just hoping there's room for our carryon in the bins. I bought Early-Bird for the return flight since it might be hard to check-in on the ship we'll be on. 

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 2

Elementary principal here and following along for the fun! I have 650 kids in grades 2-5 in my building...and our Spring Break doesn't begin until the 24th...some days feel reeeeeaaaaally long. 🙃

Love your reading list! Penisvana is on my "to visit" list. lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Speaking of SWA, I checked in at 1 minute past the allowed time last night, and we ended up with C-33 and beyond. UGH. Good chance we won't be sitting together for this 3.5 hour flight to L.A. tonight. Now I'm just hoping there's room for our carryon in the bins. I bought Early-Bird for the return flight since it might be hard to check-in on the ship we'll be on. 

Yikes! That's defeating!!! Must be a ton of A List members on that flight or something. I'm sorry! Who knows, maybe somebody will be nice and hook y'all up. Here's hoping!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, amandajean06 said:

Elementary principal here and following along for the fun! I have 650 kids in grades 2-5 in my building...and our Spring Break doesn't begin until the 24th...some days feel reeeeeaaaaally long. 🙃

Love your reading list! Penisvana is on my "to visit" list. lol

I feel like with all this buzz we may have some surprises on Carnival's 24-25 itineraries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chef's Table and Steakhouse are still wide open, and I DO have a bunch of OBC, but I'm trying to hold off. I've got Chef's Table booked for my NYE Celebration sailing with B (Glory costs less than Celebration and MG, but I know it's also a different experience), and that might be more fun to do with someone else. I MAY do the Steakhouse... I'd probably like to sit at the bar if I did that. Can you eat at the bar in there? Never tried it. 

When I'm solo, I generally stick to the Lido for food. I just like the flexibility and casual nature of it, plus the elimination of almost all schedule concerns or time constraints. This time around, i MAY do the steakhouse and can't totally rule out a swim or two through the MDR... but I definitely want to do the Seaday Brunch. So it might not be the most thrilling culinary journey, but I'll do my best

Edited by TxTeach79
Hard to believe that English is my native language at times
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, rwest898 said:

I was thinking about doing that on our return flight since we would be on the ship.  Does it check you in so you don't have to do anything?

Yes, it checks you in automatically. I think it would be essential for the return flight since you'll be on the ship the day before! Even if you got the WiFi I wouldn't rely on that for doing check-in.

Southwest is awesome except for the open boarding/day-before check-in policies, but early bird eliminates like 75% of the downsides of that.

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Yep, I’ve definitely paid for early bird more than a few times. It’s a good move for sure. I just figured on this one I’d be getting up not long after that time anyway, so no big deal. Plus I’m solo, so as long as I’m not in high C group I’ll score an aisle or window. Super short flight too. 

The one time recently when I flew Southwest and didn't have the early bird (because work was paying and weirdly wouldn't let me expense that - but they have no policy against expensing checked luggage), I sat next to the computer to sign in at 4:44pm on the dot and I still got mid-B group. And on that flight, it meant I got stuck with an undesirable seat. But I also only like aisle seats, because I have long legs relative to my overall height and need the space to stretch them out (and on longer flights, hate making other people get up so I can use the bathroom).

• Like 2