bringing wine onboard Celebrity- corkage fee?

j3000

I always thought about bringing a box of wine on board.   It would be hilarious to see the server carrying a box of wine thru the dining room.    Even funnier would be 3 Buck Chuck.  I say 3 because the price went up from $2 a bottle so it wouldn’t be 2 Buck Chuck.  Haven’t bought any lately so the price may have increase more.  

We were at a wine tasting and I asked about boxed wine.   The answer was that many fine wines are now being packaged in them because the wine isn’t exposed to the air when being dispensed and can be kept longer without spoiling.  

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

14 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Now apparently $25 if you do not have a beverage package.  Sometimes charged and sometimes not. 

... and it does have to be either the Classic or Premium package, the 'Zero Proof' package doesn't count.

My brother in-law once suggested to a niece that she pack boxed wine... without the box in her luggage.. the idea being that it would not show up in X-rays. The thought of a leak... would give me pause.. 🙂 

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Technically you can bring as many bottle as you want as you get the excess back on the last night

You bring up an interesting point. We’re cruising B2B2B on Reflection in the fall. Could I bring 12 bottles (4 bottles per week) and pick up the next 4 bottles after week1? Really not planning on leaving the ship during the turnaround except maybe for laundry and wine. With the wine covered I could have ship do laundry

16 minutes ago, willift said:

You bring up an interesting point. We’re cruising B2B2B on Reflection in the fall. Could I bring 12 bottles (4 bottles per week) and pick up the next 4 bottles after week1? Really not planning on leaving the ship during the turnaround except maybe for laundry and wine. With the wine covered I could have ship do laundry

I have never done a B2B so do not know, yet yes, I would imagine you can bring the wine on and get it on the last night

21 minutes ago, willift said:

When we use to bring wine onboard we never had to surrender our additional bottles for the second leg of the B2B cruises. Experiences can vary. But if the extra bottles are taken and stored you will receive the wine at the end of each leg for the next leg. 

• 1 month later...

I am travelling with my other half and my mother.  The 2 of us have the classic beverage package, my mother does not.  She likes to have wine with dinner, so presumably she will have to pay the corkage fee if she brings a couple of bottles with her.  Will they keep opened bottles in the MDR so she can drink over several nights?

5 hours ago, mat5664 said:

I am travelling with my other half and my mother.  The 2 of us have the classic beverage package, my mother does not.  She likes to have wine with dinner, so presumably she will have to pay the corkage fee if she brings a couple of bottles with her.  Will they keep opened bottles in the MDR so she can drink over several nights?

She should plan on being charged the corkage fee. The sommelier may or may not charge her. The sommelier can/will keep her wine for her at his/her station in the MDR. Her choice.  

• Thanks 1

If she only drinks a single glass with dinner, she can pour the glass herself in her stateroom and bring it with her.  There is no corkage fee if you bring your own glass of wine vice the whole bottle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

She should plan on being charged the corkage fee. The sommelier may or may not charge her. The sommelier can/will keep her wine for her at his/her station in the MDR. Her choice.  

If I have a beverage package am I permitted to give my dining companions a glass from my bottle without them having to pay a corkage fee? 

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

No. Sharing drinks from your beverage package is not allowed. 

Sorry I meant to say that I would be bringing my own bottle to the table. I would not be sharing my drink package. I will be the only one with a drink package however.

5 hours ago, madmedic said:

Sorry I meant to say that I would be bringing my own bottle to the table. I would not be sharing my drink package. I will be the only one with a drink package however.

Got it. Enjoy your wine with your friends. 🍷