Eden tasting menu

Cruisin4ABruisen

On our upcoming Apex TA, we've booked two nights at Eden. We wanted to make sure we got specific times and days, so we booked them directly (not part of a package). Are we able to do the tasting menu instead of the standard app/entree/dessert? We would prefer the variety of getting to try different things and hopefully smaller portions as well.

23 minutes ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

On our upcoming Apex TA, we've booked two nights at Eden. We wanted to make sure we got specific times and days, so we booked them directly (not part of a package). Are we able to do the tasting menu instead of the standard app/entree/dessert? We would prefer the variety of getting to try different things and hopefully smaller portions as well.

You have the option of ordering the Tasting Menu and there will be a different price from the $60 per person charge for the regular menu experience.  Food was excellent at Eden.

Edited by keesar
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, keesar said:

You have the option of ordering the Tasting Menu and there will be a different price from the $60 per person charge for the regular menu experience.  Food was excellent at Eden.

Does the Tasting menu come with its own wine pairing or do they use Classic/Premium?

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does the Tasting menu come with its own wine pairing or do they use Classic/Premium?

You can get wines with either package but the price of the tasting menu does not include wine pairing.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

You can get wines with either package but the price of the tasting menu does not include wine pairing.

When you did it was there a wine pairing offered?  Do you remember how much it was?**

**Yes I see below that it may no longer be available but I’d be curious to know.

11 hours ago, Team Stag said:

When we were on the Apex in November, Eden was no longer offering the tasting menu.  Maybe it was just for that cruise or the policy had changed.  We noted our disappointment on the survey.

That’s unfortunate! Thanks for sharing

21 hours ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

That’s unfortunate! Thanks for sharing

We are currently on the Beyond. Ate at Eden last night. The menu shows tasting menu on the right side. Way too much food for me. Love Eden’s food and being able to watch it be prepared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzy55 said:

We are currently on the Beyond. Ate at Eden last night. The menu shows tasting menu on the right side. Way too much food for me. Love Eden’s food and being able to watch it be prepared.

I think it's great it has returned.  We purposely didn't book Eden on a future cruise because of our Apex experience (the app showed the tasting menu; they didn't offer it while on board).  I guess we need to make a reservation for Eden for our upcoming sailing!

Edited by Team Stag

1 hour ago, Lilycat2010 said:

Just off the Edge and the tasting menu was there.  They are not smaller portions, we inquired.  Not sure anyone could make it through!  🙂 

Do you recall if there was any mention of a wine pairing or any price?

If Eden is like my parents they would make me stay at the table until I finished it all.  And they would serve….. green beans.

We enjoyed the Tasting Menu on Edge in January; was a fabulous way to try all the dishes offered. We asked our server to select for us and we each had a different dish. Portions were smaller than the usual selections, but were plentiful. We did not have a wine pairing, but asked our sommelier to suggest two bottles of wine to accompany the dishes; we were quite pleased with his recommendations. 

The price for the tasting menu was the same as the normal cover charge; we just paid extra for the two bottles of wine.

I am sure you will enjoy your meal at Eden!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

I can believe it! It looks massive! Any favorites?

The mulligatawny soup. Amazing.

we didn’t have to pay anything additional for the tasting menu in October. Having had it once I’m not sure I would pay the extra. 

• Like 1