How are the Swans doing 2023

Go West Coast!!

Swannies are in if WC can go on with an upset, and will leave GWS and Bulldogs to decide the remaining spot that is up for grabs.

If we can get over Melbourne next Sunday, it looks good for a home elimination final.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2023 at 9:22 AM, MicCanberra said:

Yep, that game with extra time and penalties against France really took it out of them. The subsequent games the Matildas seemed sluggish and lacking the usual speed and crispness in attack and defence. Still glad and proud they got to the semis, and did so well.

I concur on all points.  The memories to carry are many, but the two most important, for me, are their graciousness in defeat, and the tremendous, unparalleled swell of national support, from political opponents to followers of all sporting codes.  Well done, Matildas.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mareblu said:

I concur on all points.  The memories to carry are many, but the two most important, for me, are their graciousness in defeat, and the tremendous, unparalleled swell of national support, from political opponents to followers of all sporting codes.  Well done, Matildas.

Yes, it was fun to see how enthusiastic the Aussie fans were with the team. Let's hope this is the beginning of a long run at WC events.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Thanks Mike, we were out at younger grandson's grand final this afternoon. 

No worries, I caught most of the game, they played well in parts, really came strong for most of the 3rd quarter but couldn't go on with it in the 4th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

All those close games finally caught up to the Swans. Maybe they're tired?? 😆

I wonder if they can beat Carlton??? Any odds out yet?

Go Swans!

i expect carlton will have a very full side   with  cripps and doc and hopefully pittonet as well

weitering  may go for a week after  the incidence with toby greene ,  some  are confident he will only get fined

Acres may not play depending on his collarbone after scans  

image.png.b35bb5672d316d4367911f7b6f0cb55b.png

Edited by ozdevil
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

All those close games finally caught up to the Swans. Maybe they're tired?? 😆

I wonder if they can beat Carlton??? Any odds out yet?

Go Swans!

I hope they can beat the Blues ML. I'll be supporting the Swans in their final against the Blues although of course I didn't barrack for them yesterday as I would have been disowned by Rob. 

At the moment the Blues are favourites at $1.51 and the Swans are at $2.56 to win.

Edited by possum52

9 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I hope they can beat the Blues ML. I'll be supporting the Swans in their final against the Blues although of course I didn't barrack for them yesterday as I would have been disowned by Rob. 

At the moment the Blues are favourites at $1.51 and the Swans are at $2.56 to win.

LOL! I wouldn't expect you to risk Rob's ire 😉

Welcome to the Swans fan club! Let's hope they don't let us down. Seems like the money men are against us 🙁

I hope we get to see the game.

Go Swans!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

Blues have a score to settle with those swannies  some time ago  by knocking them out of a finals race .  time the blues get a bit back

in all seriousness though  despite the odds and who is favourite    the finals series is lot different to the  minor premiership season that just finished   ...  its all  or nothing     and each game from either side have to win   other wise season over  .

As  carlton Supporter i am just wrapped that the blues clawed there way back  and i think Sydney will see a different blues  come the 8th of September

Go blues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Of note is that Carlton are not used to playing finals, Lol.

ya quite right there    narrowly missing out last year  , the doggies got to taste how carlton felt last year lol

but 10 years being out of the finals race is along time  , but  i am just hoping for a great game and blessed that the blues made  the finals

its set for a great finals series

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ozdevil said:

ya quite right there    narrowly missing out last year  , the doggies got to taste how carlton felt last year lol

but 10 years being out of the finals race is along time  , but  i am just hoping for a great game and blessed that the blues made  the finals

its set for a great finals series

The dogs had it all in their own hands till they got beat by the eagles last week. Hard to feel sorry for them for missing out after that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The dogs had it all in their own hands till they got beat by the eagles last week. Hard to feel sorry for them for missing out after that.

Yeah, same could be said for a few other teams that missed out of finals and also a few that just scraped in.

• Like 1