Whisky question on Muse

dappledumpling

First Time Silverseas sailing 10 night Alaska. Have been on lots of cruises but never a luxury line. As Royal and Celebrity are down grading their sailing experience I though my best option was to step up my choices.  Question on whiskey choices on board..  Prefer Scotch but can live with a nice bourbon... Any decent selections on board?  Any info would be wonderful

Thanks

I requested and received a bottle of Glenlivet for the room.

I was also pleased to get a grappa in the dining room, although I did not inquire what grappa it was, but it wouldn't have mattered; I like grappa but am not familiar with the brands.

On a similar topic- do they have a "better" vermouth for Manhattans? I didn't ask last time, although the Manhattan I did have was a little disappointing.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, dappledumpling said:

thanks, appreciate the info.. cant believe I misspelled muse in title

Ha ha! I didn’t catch the spelling error and was thinking about replying “yes!”, as to … whisky use? Yes! Thank you for clarifying that you meant to type, “Muse”. Also, FWIW, the last time I inquired (prior to COVID) about Silversea carrying Tito’s vodka, the answer was no. 

1 hour ago, dappledumpling said:

thanks, appreciate the info.. cant believe I misspelled muse in title

If you go to the first post in the thread and click on the 3 dots on the top right of the post, you can report it and ask to have the title corrected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alithecat said:

I recall having two of these available: Glenlivet, Glenmorangie and Glenfiddish. I think it varies by cruise. Always the lower end/younger Scotches, but quite drinkable.

I enjoy Glenmorangie  and Makers is drinkable.. I know I will enjoy whatever they have.. Just trying to set my expectations correctly

• Like 1

• Host Kat changed the title to Whisky question on Muse

We got off the Muse on 2/28. In addition to the Scottish mentioned above, there were quite a few bourbons including Woodford. Also several ryes, including Michter's. The only Irish were Jamesons and Bushmills. The list of premium whiskeys you pay for was heavy on Scottish, especially single malts.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2023 at 8:33 PM, Sunny429 said:

Ha ha! I didn’t catch the spelling error and was thinking about replying “yes!”, as to … whisky use? Yes! Thank you for clarifying that you meant to type, “Muse”. Also, FWIW, the last time I inquired (prior to COVID) about Silversea carrying Tito’s vodka, the answer was no. 

I was on the Endeavour in February and I was very happy to see that they had Titos.