Premier Pass package

WVU-79

3 hours ago, melbur said:

Exactly this . .  most cruisers on this board are not gullible "newbies" and knew in their hearts this was a mistake but hoped to screw the system anyway. Now want to stomp their feet and act outraged at Royal's incompetence. It must be wonderful to go through life and never make a mistake yourself!

It would be hard to make as many mistakes as RC, and most would be fired if they did!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

It would be hard to make as many mistakes as RC, and most would be fired if they did!

I say that about weather forecasters.  At least in my area (Connecticut) they are wrong way more than they are right and yet nobody gets fired! 😄😄

Edited by poocher
  • Haha 1

I’d like to be a fly on the wall this morning at corporate.  Someone’s getting in trouble.  Pretty big mistake that affects many of us who jumped on it.  

Don’t shake your finger at experienced cruisers.  Royal is known to start prices low, test the waters and then charge astronomical prices later like on CocoCay.  I still shake my head in disbelief that some pay more for a cabana for a few hours than I did for my whole week cruise.  

I’m not upset as long as money is refunded because I didn’t cancel anything.  There are people who talked to Royal planners over the weekend and were lead to believe this was a real thing. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I still shake my head in disbelief that some pay more for a cabana for a few hours than I did for my whole week cruise.  

As am I for those folks who spend more on the DBP than I did for my whole cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’d like to be a fly on the wall this morning at corporate.  Someone’s getting in trouble.  Pretty big mistake that affects many of us who jumped on it.  

Don’t shake your finger at experienced cruisers.  Royal is known to start prices low, test the waters and then charge astronomical prices later like on CocoCay.  I still shake my head in disbelief that some pay more for a cabana for a few hours than I did for my whole week cruise.  

I’m not upset as long as money is refunded because I didn’t cancel anything.  There are people who talked to Royal planners over the weekend and were lead to believe this was a real thing. 

yes, there should be some serious accountability for those responsible for this mistake. 

Do you really think Royal would offer this package for $89/pair regardless of sailing length? I agree, there have been instances of RC starting low but this was something different entirely especially as people mentioned, at a time where they are raising prices and cutting back. 

I want people to be made whole via a refund and restoration of any packages cancelled at rate they purchased them. I think that is more than fair

• Like 1

I love when people use tired cliches to try and sound smart or superior to the ‘common person’. Like the ‘if it’s too good to be true….’ Or “I have a bridge to sell you” We aren’t talking gold watches out of the trunk of a car here. This is a multi-billion dollar company with an established product and infrastructure. So if they advertise something something for a certain dollar value I can reasonably expect it to be true.

This was advertised as a tailored product towards Royal’s brand so the “it was for another cruise line that mistakingly made it to our website doesn’t really fly. It was meant to be introduced at some point to Royal.

I snagged the DBP for 59 CDN a night on our 19 night cruise last October. That was “too good to be true” but I enjoyed sipping every one of those “real” cocktails.

People have posted and reported conversations with RC employees saying the package is legit. But one screenshot of a text conversation shows up saying it’s not and all of a sudden that is the only one that is believed? All the others are to be ignored? 

I still have the charges owning on CC and it is still fully showing as booked with product details in my CP. I have received no word from Royal what is happening and it has been a few days this has gone on. At this time, it is reasonable to believe that this is real until Royal official releases something. And yes, people have every right to be upset if this gets cancelled. 

Ok go ahead and tell me is “apples to oranges” “it isn’t the same thing”, correct my spelling and grammar,  etc etc and no I dont want to buy your bridge.

• Like 16

32 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

5 minutes ago, Mikamarii said:

I love when people use tired cliches to try and sound smart or superior to the ‘common person’. Like the ‘if it’s too good to be true….’ Or “I have a bridge to sell you” We aren’t talking gold watches out of the trunk of a car here. This is a multi-billion dollar company with an established product and infrastructure. So if they advertise something something for a certain dollar value I can reasonably expect it to be true.

This was advertised as a tailored product towards Royal’s brand so the “it was for another cruise line that mistakingly made it to our website doesn’t really fly. It was meant to be introduced at some point to Royal.

I snagged the DBP for 59 CDN a night on our 19 night cruise last October. That was “too good to be true” but I enjoyed sipping every one of those “real” cocktails.

People have posted and reported conversations with RC employees saying the package is legit. But one screenshot of a text conversation shows up saying it’s not and all of a sudden that is the only one that is believed? All the others are to be ignored? 

I still have the charges owning on CC and it is still fully showing as booked with product details in my CP. I have received no word from Royal what is happening and it has been a few days this has gone on. At this time, it is reasonable to believe that this is real until Royal official releases something. And yes, people have every right to be upset if this gets cancelled. 

Ok go ahead and tell me is “apples to oranges” “it isn’t the same thing”, correct my spelling and grammar,  etc etc and no I dont want to buy your bridge.

As I've said in one of my posts, we are going on 4 days and yet no communications from Royal, other than a couple of responses on Facebook.  While this response was being given, Royal agents at the same tome are telling callers that it's legit.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

I saw where someone on the other media site posted that their package has been cancelled. And so it begins (or ends)…..

Any communications with their cancellation notice.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Any communications with their cancellation notice.

This is all that was written.

“Royal Caribbean just cancelled my purchase of the premier package.  They say they are cancelling it for everyone else too.  Can anyone confirm this?  I’m pretty angry over this.  If royal Caribbean made a pricing error I feel it is on them and they should honor the package for those who purchased it.”

Not my words - just what I’ve read. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ramja96 said:

I'm sailing in 11 days (within the window for this package) - why is it not on my Cruise Planner???

48 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

Where did you find it?  I don't have a "Packages" category, either.

You won’t see it. 
It was an error. 

The package does not exist. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, melbur said:

Exactly this . .  most cruisers on this board are not gullible "newbies" and knew in their hearts this was a mistake but hoped to screw the system anyway. Now want to stomp their feet and act outraged at Royal's incompetence. It must be wonderful to go through life and never make a mistake yourself!

If I made a mistake at a job I was let go. Always had very hard bosses with black and white thinking. Never any middle ground. Why shouldn't a big company have consequences for their actions.

• Like 1

By the way it's 11am on the east cost and still if you call they have no idea what you are talking about. Shouldn't they at the very very least have a response in place to help undo the mess and show some customer service with a verbal apology by now. Ridiculous.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ryder101 said:

Shouldn't they at the very least have a response in place to help undo the mess and show some customer service with a verbal apology by now.

If you follow the history of RCI recently, no.

Biker, who wouldn't expect front line CSRs to know about this until tomorrow at the earliest.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You won’t see it. 
It was an error. 

The package does not exist. 

Sorry, it existed on March 10 and as of early this AM.  It's semantic, but it was accepted as a VIP package plan and purchased in the cruise planner.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ryder101 said:

If I made a mistake at a job I was let go. Always had very hard bosses with black and white thinking. Never any middle ground. Why shouldn't a big company have consequences for their actions.

I bet they outsource/offshore their IT.  There are too many issues with the website.  The vendor pays a fine of some sort for a "terms of service" error and they move on. Either that or the CIO should be "keel-hauled" on the next Alaskan cruise ship departure.

The PP was meant for their Celebrity line (raises pinky finger) and not for us goobers who are on RCL.  Grabbed this screenshot from RCL Blog website. 

image.thumb.png.4d6b473adb89bf979124042f3502d3bb.png

21 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am aware (I booked it) however the individual I was replying to was looking for it this morning. 

Maybe, I mistook your response.  Your answer to me made it sound that it was never there as it was a fabrication.

24 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Now I am starting to wonder if RCCL needed a short-term loan?🤔 This was probably a good way to get some needed cash flow.😉 LOL!

See my post #493.  Royal has had my money since Saturday.😇

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

If this truly was a mistake and not a Royal Caribbean product, whoever did this not only posted the offer to RCLs website, they even changed the loyalty name to Crown and Anchor instead of Celebrity's loyalty name in the fine print at bottom of details. Thats not oh I pressed the wrong button kind of thing 🙃 😅 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some of these responses are getting nasty and there is no need for it.

I consider myself to be a seasoned cruiser.  I do check my Cruise Planner maybe once or twice a week to see if there are any 'sales' and book or cancel and rebook items accordingly when the price is right.

When I saw this yesterday it looked like it was a nice deal. Yes, it seemed very cheap in comparison to what is normally advertised but having done my research I booked it for my sailing later in the year.  Under consumer law, it would come under invitation to treat.

RCI debited my account straight away and the purchase is on my cruise planner and I have a confirmation email.  I have not received any further correspondence from them and it was only through social media and here that I know that it was a 'mistake'.

Now I know all about inflation and cost of living crisis and they have debt from the pandemic but I don't expect to buy something in the store for them to come knock my door a few days later and tell me they made a mistake and they want it back!

It just annoys me that RCI have not contacted us directly, we are hearing rumours about what is going to happen and people are being rude to others for simply having an opinion. 

• Like 14