Luninae Blu access

agape01

I am planning to take the Celebrity Millennium cruise from Yokohama (Tokyo) to Singapore in November of this year.

I am wondering whether if it would be possible for guest booked in a stateroom other than aqua/retreat class still be able to join guests booked on those classes into luminae/blu?

There have been a few YouTube cruise reviews that I have seen where this was possible. 

If they are in a suite they can eat in Blu without a charge. If they are in AC they can eat in Luminae if a suite guest invites them but there is a charge. Both are based on availability. 

Edited by cbfb

Blu does not allow guests.  Those booked in a Suite may be able to dine in Blu on a space an available basis.  As suite passengers there have been times we could dine in Blu and other times not just depends on how busy they are. 

Suite guests can have guests join them in Luminae on a space available basis arranged ahead of time with the MaitreD.  There is a fee for guests.

9 minutes ago, agape01 said:

I am planning to take the Celebrity Millennium cruise from Yokohama (Tokyo) to Singapore in November of this year.

I am wondering whether if it would be possible for guest booked in a stateroom other than aqua/retreat class still be able to join guests booked on those classes into luminae/blu?

There have been a few YouTube cruise reviews that I have seen where this was possible. 

Guests are not permitted to dine in Blu, only those booked in Aqua class cabins may dine there. The only exception is for Suite class passengers, but that has to be arranged with the Blu Maitre D’ and is based on availability. 
There is no charge for that.

Suite guests are permitted to invite guests to dine in Luminae for a fee. Once again, it needs to be arranged by the Luminae Maitre D’ and is also based on availability. I believe the fee is $30pp for lunch and $50pp for dinner and it is charged to the suite passengers onboard account.

If you book Aqua and your dining room is Blu you may not invite any guest to dine there with you; however someone who is in a suite may request to dine with you in Blu at no charge on a space available basis.  

if you book a suite and your dining room is Luminae, you may invite anyone to dine with you there for a fee.  Again, This is on a space-available basis.

A suite guest should look up on this as a once or twice a cruise privilege, not an every night thing.

this has come up before, and for some, it doesnt seem right that people pay the difference for retreat class, but can pay for others to enjoy the benefits of retreat class without original expense.  ie.    one couple books retreat. another books a lower costing cabin. paying the fee to enjoy retreat, saves a lot of money.   

If travelling with friends or family, why not all book the same level??? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, agape01 said:

If the people you are traveling with do not want to book Aqua or the Retreat, you could all dine without any additional costs in the MDR or the buffet.  Or, you could re-book under their class and join them for every meal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Past reports are that if someone is traveling solo in Aqua Class, they may be allowed to invite a guest to join them in Blu.  Only exception that has been reported.  Otherwise, no guests. 

Retreat guests paying for others to join them in Luminae is not guaranteed.  Just like retreat guests being able to dine in Blu is not guaranteed.  X gives themselves flexibility to manage demand.

3 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

this has come up before, and for some, it doesnt seem right that people pay the difference for retreat class, but can pay for others to enjoy the benefits of retreat class without original expense.  ie.    one couple books retreat. another books a lower costing cabin. paying the fee to enjoy retreat, saves a lot of money.   

If travelling with friends or family, why not all book the same level??? 

There is a big difference between having others join suite guest in Luminae and having them use retreat class benefits.  Just because you can having invite someone to join you for lunch/dinner in Luminae, and you pay for them to dine with you, does not mean that they get access to the Retreat Lounge and or Retreat Sundeck.  

I acknowledge that there is a program for guest sailing in the upper suites to pay to extend full retreat privileges to guest not sailing Retreat Class but that is a very limited program and is not always available. 

With suites sailing 100% booked I am willing to bet you will be seeing less and less non-Retreat passengers being permitted to dine with suite guest. 

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

It's more like $20 for lunch and $35 (or maybe just $30) for dinner. 

As we have never had guests in Luminae, I was quoting what I had read here on the boards. 
Perhaps someone who has actually paid for guests or is onboard now can give us the correct amounts. 

• Like 1

That program to extend full retreat privileges to guests is also $99 per person per day for the length of the cruise.  I bet in many cases the price differential isn't a substantial savings over everyone booking a retreat suite in the first place (and could even cost more).  Since they seem to cap the number people who can do this, I bet all-in price is looked at when they're deciding who is eligible to book it in addition to capacity. 

4 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

That program to extend full retreat privileges to guests is also $99 per person per day for the length of the cruise.  I bet in many cases the price differential isn't a substantial savings over everyone booking a retreat suite in the first place (and could even cost more).  Since they seem to cap the number people who can do this, I bet all-in price is looked at when they're deciding who is eligible to book it in addition to capacity. 

The program is only extended to passengers sailing in the Upper Suites and yes, it represents a substantial savings to whomever they are able to book it for.  

4 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

That program to extend full retreat privileges to guests is also $99 per person per day for the length of the cruise.  I bet in many cases the price differential isn't a substantial savings over everyone booking a retreat suite in the first place (and could even cost more).

If you can get a suite for only $99pp/day over any other room class (including AQ), then you either are grossly overpaying for the other room or have an amazing deal on a suite.

While all these answers are providing good information, the way I read the OP is if they book the Aqua Retreat Suite, can they take guests into those dining rooms.  I've never really seen a good answer related to dining rooms for Aqua Suite passengers.  Obviously they can dine in Luminae, but can they also dine in Blu even if other suite guests are turned away due to space?  I doubt they can bring guests into Blu so the answer to the original question is probably into Luminae, but doubtful to Blu.  The reason I say doubtful is because I've never seen an Aqua Suite passenger post about this experience.  While it's doubtful in my opinion there could be chance that if someone is booked into an Aqua suite vs regular Aqua class they get some different privileges.

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

If you can get a suite for only $99pp/day over any other room class (including AQ), then you either are grossly overpaying for the other room or have an amazing deal on a suite.

It depends on the fare they're paying for the lower room.  On a 7-day cruise, add $1,400 for two people and I can see someone booked in a regular room getting close to the price of a sky suite on some itineraries.  I never represented that this is true for all trips and of course there would be lots of caveats.  I just don't buy that it's a great deal all the time.  It's really a way to wring money out of those who want to add a bedroom to an existing suite.

28 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

On a 7-day cruise, add $1,400 for two people and I can see someone booked in a regular room getting close to the price of a sky suite on some itineraries. 

You might get that or close to it from AQ to SS, but you also might be paying twice that. I've seen both.

Regardless, it's way off from any other class. The difference between SS and veranda typically is some hundreds of dollars per person per day (i.e., thousands per itinerary). It's not even close. 

58 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

While all these answers are providing good information, the way I read the OP is if they book the Aqua Retreat Suite, can they take guests into those dining rooms.  I've never really seen a good answer related to dining rooms for Aqua Suite passengers.  Obviously they can dine in Luminae, but can they also dine in Blu even if other suite guests are turned away due to space?  I doubt they can bring guests into Blu so the answer to the original question is probably into Luminae, but doubtful to Blu.  The reason I say doubtful is because I've never seen an Aqua Suite passenger post about this experience.  While it's doubtful in my opinion there could be chance that if someone is booked into an Aqua suite vs regular Aqua class they get some different privileges.

Yes, it's such a new program with so relatively few rooms in the fleet, and you're already dealing with a relatively rare situation. I suppose we'll just have to see how things go. 

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

The way my TA explained it to me when I talked with him about booking was that the Aqua Suite passenger is the same as a Sky Suite passenger but with unlimited Spa access, same as Aqua.  They are not assigned to Blu as their dining room but rather are assigned to Luminae, same as a Sky Suite passenger.  He said they are allowed to dine in Blu with the same restrictions as a Sky Suite passenger.   We choose not to book an Aqua suite as we never use the Spa beyond our one free inport day, and don''t always use it even then.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1