CruiseFirst Certificates

Smitheroo

The normal CruiseFirst certificate is worth $300 toward your cruise fare. Sometimes, $500 certificates are available. These are applied to the total cabin fare. If you have a fare of less than $500 for the two people in a cabin, together, you could still buy the $300 CruiseFirst certificate even if they are offering the $500 ones.

3 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

I understand these can be applied towards your "fare" but I dont know how NCL defines "fare"  Does it include tax and port charges as well?   

So,,, you can use one certificate for $300 on a new reservation for a cruise of 6 days or more. Is your cruise fare really less than $300?

9 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

I understand these can be applied towards your "fare" but I dont know how NCL defines "fare"  Does it include tax and port charges as well?   

yes, it includes all charges.  Tax, insurance, port charges, even pre-paid DSC if you add it at booking,  I've even bought OBC to make sure I get the full value if my total owed is less than the value of the cert

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

yes, it includes all charges.  Tax, insurance, port charges, even pre-paid DSC if you add it at booking,  I've even bought OBC to make sure I get the full value if my total owed is less than the value of the cert

that's great, clears up my confusion. Thank you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hallux said:

#5 on this page says "grand total"..

https://www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst

thank you, I missed that.  Does what I have in bold print mean you cant use CruiseFirst certificates except when you book directly with NCL?  No online website or independent travel agent?

2. CruiseFirst certificates expire 3 years after purchase date and become null and void at expiration. Limit one CruiseFirst certificate that may be used per reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability. CruiseFirst certificates are not combinable with CruiseNext, chartered sailings, barter cruises, employee discounts, friends and family pricing, Sailaway (categories: IX, OX, BX, MX), interline and travel agent rates.

Edited by Smitheroo
wanted to add

10 hours ago, casofilia said:

As the certificate will not do much to decrease the "fare" whether it is the lower or total figure I wouldn't]t worry about it at all.

Maybe if you are booking expensive cruises that is true but they do make a difference  with less expensive staterooms.  

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Is your cruise fare really less than $300?

I asked this question before I saw the answer to my question about how NCL defines "fare".   It is the "grand total" in which case it is very easy to use up a $300 CruiseFirst certificate.

29 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

thank you, I missed that.  Does what I have in bold print mean you cant use CruiseFirst certificates except when you book directly with NCL?  No online website or independent travel agent?

Actually, that's probably referring to special rates that TA's get for their own travel.