UDP Symphony Oct 2023 TA

Agreed, it’s very good value given the current high prices for everything in the cruise planner.

Just be aware it’s a LOT of food if you have dinner every night and lunch on every sea day! But you have lots of restaurants to choose from.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Agreed, it’s very good value given the current high prices for everything in the cruise planner.

Just be aware it’s a LOT of food if you have dinner every night and lunch on every sea day! But you have lots of restaurants to choose from.

Guess I’ll have to get walking the decks more often 😂🚶🏻‍♀️

We are four days into the east bound cruise, and will be with you on the west bound in October. We will probably get the package for the fall because the regular food has been disappointing so far on this cruise. Seems like poorer quality and lower cost ingredients to me.  

There are a ton of specialty places on board, so a UDP package would give many options. 

Also, while I hope it is different in the fall, this boat is packed and there are A LOT of kids. The Windjammer is particularly crowded and loud. The specialty places would be quieter. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, pretzlaff said:

We are four days into the east bound cruise, and will be with you on the west bound in October. We will probably get the package for the fall because the regular food has been disappointing so far on this cruise. Seems like poorer quality and lower cost ingredients to me.  

There are a ton of specialty places on board, so a UDP package would give many options. 

Also, while I hope it is different in the fall, this boat is packed and there are A LOT of kids. The Windjammer is particularly crowded and loud. The specialty places would be quieter. 

We have done 3 TA's on Oasis class, have never seen more than a dozen or so kids. Things must be changing. 

On 3/13/2023 at 7:56 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Including 8 sea day lunches that is $15 per meal, a very good price. 

Sounds good to me. The three day package on Symphony is £40 per meal in May

Edited by sgmn

Just joining in the chorus.  Great value price for a transatlantic.

Of course, if you find that you can't eat two big meals a day, you won't use it as much as others are telling you that you will.

But enjoy every bite!

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 12:52 AM, pretzlaff said:

Disappointing to hear the food is not good. And surprised that there is a lot of children on a transatlantic. Too early for Easter holidays I would have thought 

Edited by sgmn

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Disappointing to hear the food is not good. And surprised that there is a lot of children on a transatlantic. Too early for Easter holidays I would of thought 

More and more families are perfectly comfortable with taking their children out of school, even for extended periods of time. 

😡

On 3/13/2023 at 12:58 PM, Deeliteful said:

Never had the UDP before but thought this looked like a good price for a 14 day Transatlantic cruise £304 (not sure in $).

Thoughts please?

TIA

Pat

I am not posting my thoughts, but I sure am looking forward to seeing your famous review and great pictures! Enjoy your cruise and UDP!

• Thanks 1