Premier Pass cancellation - $50 obc consolation - nice!

I'm just going to sit back and see what happens at this point. My previously reported OBC disappeared... along with my OBC from my TA from booking (!). That at least was reinstated so I'm back to where I was a few weeks ago prior to booking anything.  

I'll take whatever at this point, not really caring unless they take away my pre-existing OBC again 😆

Absolute mess. To those saying be grateful for the free $50… it is not a free $50. They have our cash for 14 days, we wasted time on the phone with them confirming the benefits of the package, cancelling other packages, etc. In a lot of cases, $50 doesn’t even cover what was lost, much less the value of what we purchased. 

And before you say everybody knew it was too good to be true- the agents at RC didn’t know it was too good to be true, they went over the benefits and confirmed the price, the blogs didn’t know it was too good to be true and posted all about it, and it was left up on their website for days. Spare me the excuses and blame shifting to the customer. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Where do you see that as it's not in the announcement.

I was just being a little light-hearted that there always seems to be some "clause" to justify what does not seem justifiable. When you read the cruise contract, RCI can do about anything it wants unless you want to sue them. We all know how hard it is to accept the bad IT, improperly advertised packages, last minute itinerary changes, poorly enforced "rules and policies", and the list goes on and on.

Occupancy is high, demand is high, and I do not think they care about this in the big scheme of things until it affects the bottom line.

The ultimate choice is ours to reserve the cruises or take our business elsewhere.

• Like 1

I got the email, no OBC yet, and the 2 I purchased (individually) still show as "booked."  I figure I won't see the OBC until all current "deal" prices go back up because I'd likely use the OBC to cancel and rebook some of what I've already ordered as I don't trust it to stay in place for when we're on board!

2 hours ago, GJustice said:

I STILL have Spectrum and am waiting for yet another Tech Visit today to resolve a recurring "provisioning" issue that the phone people can't resolve. MUST have a tech come out and make a call to HIS escalations group to fix whatever they keep breaking.

I really feel for you. After Comcast, we moved to an area that only had Windstream, which is a whole other circle of hell. Now we have Starlink! It's amazing! 🙌📡

Here's a valuable tip someone shared with me. Do a search for whoever oversees your public utilities in your state, probably something like "Public Utilities Commission of *insert state*". They should have a complaint form. Fill it out with all of the facts of your service problems with Spectrum- wait times on hold, wait times for service calls, how often your service goes down, etc. No emotion, just facts.

Getting one of these complaints is a big deal to these corporations. I did this on my state's website for Windstream, and twelve hours later I got a call from a Windstream executive. She had a tech out later that day and the problem was finally resolved (at least until about 10 months later). She also gave me her number to call first if I had any issues. No other major problems after this. Your mileage may vary, but I hope this helps.  

Once Starlink was available in our area, we couldn't cut Windstream fast enough. 😂

Anyway, good luck with your internet issues. And let's hope Royal gets their act together soon! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, njsmom said:

My takeaway from all of this as I am about to embark on my first-ever Royal Caribbean cruise? This cruise line is a hot mess. 

Well, one does not have to worry about seeing the words "Royal", "IT", and "competent" in the same sentence. If you do, it is a mistake, and no OBC will be coming.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cahaz said:

After some time on the phone with Royal I was able to get my internet back at Black Friday price. The customer service person I talked to at first wasn’t aware of the mistake, then he went and talked to someone, apologized and gave me the lower price. Happy with the outcome even though it took some doing.

I called and they would not give us our original Black Friday rate for the internet.  They said they are giving a $50 on board credit and that's all they can do.  Guess I better call again.  Happy you got your original price back.