Premier Pass cancellation - $50 obc consolation - nice!

22 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I also purchased one package and got $100 OBC. Do you think they’ll send another email apologizing for the second glitch and take the extra $50 away?! What would they offer for our trouble this time? 🤣

ETA: I just spent mine. 😁

Same here. I assume they will take the $50 away then apologize and give us $75 OBC compensation. I went ahead and spent the $100 to make it even more challenging for Royal's software team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

I bought one package and now have $100.00 of OBC available to spend in the cruise planner 😃

My guess is that is meant to be $50pp in OBC since the Premiere was for two people. In my case I'm sailing solo so the $100 they just gave me might be yet another mistake.

• Like 1

I have $200 credited to my account...we purchased 2 Premier Passes and 3 Atlantis tickets (all of which were canceled). Not sure how that breaks down unless it's $100/cabin/mistake? 

39 minutes ago, cahaz said:

After some time on the phone with Royal I was able to get my internet back at Black Friday price. The customer service person I talked to at first wasn’t aware of the mistake, then he went and talked to someone, apologized and gave me the lower price. Happy with the outcome even though it took some doing.

How much was your internet on BF?  Cheapest I saw was 14.99/day

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yes, I got the same email.  Too bad they won’t honor it like they did the $18 drink package. 

I don’t think it was a “glitch”. People were involved in doing that. 

I agree with you.  Why else would Royal confirm the program when people called.  Bet they didn't realize how well it would take off.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rakaia said:

I have $200 credited to my account...we purchased 2 Premier Passes and 3 Atlantis tickets (all of which were canceled). Not sure how that breaks down unless it's $100/cabin/mistake? 

We do not have our Atlantis credits yet.  Some people in our group did not book the Premier Package and no onboard credit for them yet.  

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You must have my $50.  Mine hasn’t shown up. 

My credit hasn’t shown up yet either.  However, the Premiere Pass that I purchased does still show up. I’ll check back later. I was all set to go spend that OBC! 😂😇

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yes, I got the same email.  Too bad they won’t honor it like they did the $18 drink package. 

I don’t think it was a “glitch”. People were involved in doing that. 

The $18 drink package was a glitch, mispricing an existing offering.  How on earth they could load something in the cruise planner that they don't intend to actually offer and cannot execute operationally is beyond me.  That takes a whole other level of IT incompetence to pull off.

And before someone says it was just a test to ascertain demand of a potential new offering, I don't think so.  At a cost of $50 (or looks like $100) a person this is going to be a very expensive "test" for Royal and not likely something they intentionally planned to pass off of as a glitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garywatson said:

My guess is that is meant to be $50pp in OBC since the Premiere was for two people. In my case I'm sailing solo so the $100 they just gave me might be yet another mistake.

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

7 minutes ago, chines03 said:

Now Im upset!  I received the $100-- spent it in the cruise planner-- now I received an email that I still owe $100 on my already paid in full cruise.   What an epic mess!!

Same here. Like the $100 credit was a mistake and the only thing they could think to do is to steal the money back after we had used it as a partial payment on something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The $18 drink package was a glitch, mispricing an existing offering.  How on earth they could load something in the cruise planner that they don't intend to actually offer and cannot execute operationally is beyond me.  That takes a whole other level of IT incompetence to pull off.

And before someone says it was just a test to ascertain demand of a potential new offering, I don't think so.  At a cost of $50 (or looks like $100) a person this is going to be a very expensive "test" for Royal and not likely something they intentionally planned to pass off of as a glitch.

Apparently, this was a Celebrity offering at some point (although it never happened there, either), so it was a 'ready to go' offering that someone mistakenly uploaded to RC.

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Apparently, this was a Celebrity offering at some point (although it never happened there, either), so it was a 'ready to go' offering that someone mistakenly uploaded to RC.

I saw that explanation, and I guess it's plausible.  I'm not an IT person, but again how incompetent does their IT have to be load something like that on the wrong cruiseline's website?  I guess we have our answer.

40 minutes ago, chines03 said:

Now Im upset!  I received the $100-- spent it in the cruise planner-- now I received an email that I still owe $100 on my already paid in full cruise.   What an epic mess!!

Same for me,this is ridiculous!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, chines03 said:

My credits (which I had not used) have now disappeared.  I bet yours got taken back too.  I bet they are realizing it was to be $50 per package and not per person.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, chines03 said:

OK, we have now advanced to a new level of s*** show with your situation. Anyone still feel good about doing business with this clown show? No faith in my upcoming voyage with them. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, SNemeth said:

My credits (which I had not used) have now disappeared.  I bet yours got taken back too.  I bet they are realizing it was to be $50 per package and not per person.

And instead of pretending they ment all along for it to be $100 and look like they knew what they were doing, they are letting everyone see yet another mistake. Really bad call. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ryder101 said:

And instead of pretending they ment all along for it to be $100 and look like they knew what they were doing, they are letting everyone see yet another mistake. Really bad call. 

I don't disagree.

• Like 1