New Policy, only one entree at a time?

5 hours ago, poocher said:

Yes but I get the impression, perhaps erroneously, that your “action” is confrontational.  I get what I want NOW or I will create a scene!!  IMHO not the best way to get what you want.  But you do you.

With Royal - confrontational will get you your way if else fails!

19 hours ago, billslowsky said:

You do know that if people in the WJ did not waste huge amounts of food, the ship would not have to budget for as much instead of blindly charging us all for it.

Again, food itself is inexpensive compared to labor and presentation.  

17 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

don't be too sure 

after our request to the waiter , we were quietly told by the head waiter that thier hands were tied 

I'm not impressed with a Head Waiter who isn't really "head" of his dining room.  

17 hours ago, Ryder101 said:

How about stopping passengers from bringing any alcohol on board. The ship's bars loose money for every bottle of wine and champagne passengers bring on themselves. Then the rest of us have to pay more per drink.

Eh, no.  People are allowed to bring wine onboard, but it doesn't necessarily follow that without that brought-from-home wine people would spend more at the bars.  

Nor does it follow that other people's drinks go up in price.  If the ship charges X for a drink and they sell fewer drinks, that doesn't make the drink cost 2X.  The per unit cost would remain the same.  

6 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

... I am still cruising. How much will depend on my experiences.

We have two cruises booked for the next year, but we just decided our next vacation (after those) will be the Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Again, food itself is inexpensive compared to labor and presentation.  

I'm not impressed with a Head Waiter who isn't really "head" of his dining room.  

Eh, no.  People are allowed to bring wine onboard, but it doesn't necessarily follow that without that brought-from-home wine people would spend more at the bars.  

Nor does it follow that other people's drinks go up in price.  If the ship charges X for a drink and they sell fewer drinks, that doesn't make the drink cost 2X.  The per unit cost would remain the same.  

We have two cruises booked for the next year, but we just decided our next vacation (after those) will be the Everglades and Dry Tortugas National 

So what we tell people how much they can put on a plate in the WJ like that guy said?

Also, you have ZERO idea how wine brought on board effects bar profits. I would say it effects bar profits by the amount of each bottle brought on board. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryder101 said:

So what we tell people how much they can put on a plate in the WJ like that guy said?

Also, you have ZERO idea how wine brought on board effects bar profits. I would say it effects bar profits by the amount of each bottle brought on board. 

I don't follow your thought about Windjammer plates. 

What I know for sure is that I will spend very little on alcohol -- period.  If I bring a bottle of wine, I may drink more, but the amount I'm going to spend at the bars is not going to change.  I don't think I'm alone in this.  

I also know that affect is a verb, while effect is not.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I don't follow your thought about Windjammer plates. 

What I know for sure is that I will spend very little on alcohol -- period.  If I bring a bottle of wine, I may drink more, but the amount I'm going to spend at the bars is not going to change.  I don't think I'm alone in this.  

I also know that affect is a verb, while effect is not.  

I don't need a lesson in how and what to write from the likes of you.

You cannot compare yourself to the average cruiser who drinks. Most go 8 drinks and beyond a day. That bottle brought on board is a profit loss for the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ryder101 said:

You cannot compare yourself to the average cruiser who drinks. Most go 8 drinks and beyond a day. That bottle brought on board is a profit loss for the ship. 

How do you know how much the “average cruiser who drinks” drinks?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

How do you know how much the “average cruiser who drinks” drinks?

How do you. Everyone is drink package mad. All they talk about is how much they need to have to get their monies worth.

I really don't give crap. I was talking about micro managing what people put on their plate in WJ. This was response to a post from a post etc etc. 

How do you. Everyone is drink package mad. All they talk about is how much they need to have to get their monies worth.

I really don't give crap. I was talking about micro managing what people put on their plate in WJ. This was response to a post from a post etc etc. 

I don’t which is why I don’t say “most go 8 drinks and beyond a day”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poocher said:

I don’t which is why I don’t say “most go 8 drinks and beyond a day”

Again, this devolved from Mum2Mercury agreeing with billslowsky on food waste and how much people put on their plates in the WJ. A conversation I was part of last night. Because I don't see how there is anything you can do about that, so why bring it up.

22 minutes ago, Ryder101 said:

Evidence to the contrary. 

I don't know how much the average cruiser drinks, but I am sure it varies widely -- but I think you've missed my point.  

17 minutes ago, marci22 said:

oh boy

Yeah, I'm done.  

• Like 1

Again, this devolved from Mum2Mercury agreeing with billslowsky on food waste and how much people put on their plates in the WJ. A conversation I was part of last night. Because I don't see how there is anything you can do about that, so why bring it up.

I don't disagree on food waste; I'm not all that interested in that topic.  I'm saying that food -- purchased in bulk -- is just not that expensive, so restricting plates here and there isn't going to make or break Royal's bottom line.  

Just now, Mum2Mercury said:

Evidence to the contrary. 

I don't know how much the average cruiser drinks, but I am sure it varies widely -- but I think you've missed my point.  

Yeah, I'm done.  

This is a messageboard. I type with my thumb. Could you please be done making jokes about my grammar. Once might be funny. This is just unnecessary. Thank you.

I remember my first cruise back in 2002.  The windjammer plates were ginormous.  About my second or third cruise they switched to the round plates they have today.  Was this the start of their portion control forcing patrons to actually get up and get seconds?  Just an observation, please continue the discussion.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Magicat said:

I remember my first cruise back in 2002.  The windjammer plates were ginormous.  About my second or third cruise they switched to the round plates they have today.  Was this the start of their portion control forcing patrons to actually get up and get seconds?  Just an observation, please continue the discussion.

Yep.  That and the removal of trays.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Magicat said:

They also used to have people just waiting to assist with helping you with your tray to your seat.  That was basically their primary job was assisting people with their trays.  Not so much anymore. 

20 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Well that would not be good enough for me - you gave up too soon - make noise and you will get it!

I'm ready to file a registered complaint against the hotel director - messing up his bonus stats....

and I believe you are in for a rude awakening when you discover that for know at least , these knew rules are set in stone and if you do indeed get "your way", you are going to look like a total idiot in the process because it will take that much of a scene to get it

55 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

total idiot in the process because it will take that much of a scene to get it

First of all I don't think so..... there are quite a few reports that state that you can get it when you push hard.

Secondly I don't care how much of a scene it takes....the result is all that matters!

I'm very sure if it gets loud.....they will comply!

Edited by cruiseboy89130