Freedom - Chops or Giovanis

Hi All,

If we are to try one specialty restaurant on the Freedom, would you recommend Chops or Giovani's?

If Chops - is there anything you recommend us trying?  Are people allowed to order more than one appetizer?

Thanks!

Edited by cusematt4

26 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi All,

If we are to try one specialty restaurant on the Freedom, would you recommend Chops or Giovani's?

If Chops - is there anything you recommend us trying?  Are people allowed to order more than one appetizer?

Thanks!

I love them both so picking between the two.  We have gone back and forth between Chops being favorite and Giovanni's being favorite.  At Chops you can order multiple apps and sides without a problem.  At Giovanni's, you can do the same.  As well you can order a pasta as well as you main entree. We usually do this.  The Gorgonzola Gnocchi is awesome... so is the Carbonaro.

At Chops I always order the black pepper bacon and the lobster bisque.  

This is a tough choice.  It'll depend on what you have a taste for.  Now if one in your party wants a steak and one doesn't I've recommend Giovanni's.  They cook a steak that imo is as good as Chops.  Multiple appetizers are not a problem at either location.  

As much as I "like" Chops", I love Giovanni's more.  Yes to multiple appetizers but you're usually so full.  We share one a lot of the time which is easier for us.  Also, I much prefer the Filet of Beef in Giovanni's; their Barolo sauce is so good.

As previously mentioned, I have several friends who like the steak at Giovanni’s more than the steak at Chops. I have also heard that countless times when talking to other passengers during a cruise. I always get some kind of pasta dish at Giovanni’s so I can’t personally comment on their steak. 

We are booked at Giovanni’s for embarkation day lunch (in 10 days).  I am assuming that steak is not included on the lunch menu, is that correct?  Is there anything in particular that you recommend for lunch?  Our priority was to avoid the WJ embarkation day craziness, but now I am also looking forward to the meal.