Adventure of the seas balcony question

I am trying to book an unobstructed balcony on Adventure. I have been offered a great deal on a guaranteed balcony category 4d. Darling wife is not a big fan of a guaranty. My question is, when I am assigned a cabin, is it possible that I will be assigned an obstructed balcony if I go with the guaranteed cabin? Thanks

9 minutes ago, pharmdawg said:

I am trying to book an unobstructed balcony on Adventure. I have been offered a great deal on a guaranteed balcony category 4d. Darling wife is not a big fan of a guaranty. My question is, when I am assigned a cabin, is it possible that I will be assigned an obstructed balcony if I go with the guaranteed cabin? Thanks

yes, also, I see you've been on Navigator and Freedom.  Making sure you are aware that the earlier Voyager class ships (Voyager, Adventure, Explorer) have balconies that are inset into the structure.  So,  different than Navigator or Freedom.  Adventure top, Navigator bottom.  

Adventure .jpg

Navigator balcony.jpg

Edited by rockmom

8 minutes ago, rockmom said:

yes, also, I see you've been on Navigator and Freedom.  Making sure you are aware that the earlier Voyager class ships (Voyager, Adventure, Explorer) have balconies that are inset into the structure.  So,  different than Navigator or Freedom.  Adventure top, Navigator bottom.  

Adventure .jpg

Navigator balcony.jpg

Did not realize that. Thank you. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pharmdawg said:

when are the cabins usually assigned?

Some have been assigned months in advance. My experience with GTYs is about 40 days before your cruise date. A deck number might appear with a muster station on your Set Sail ticket but still say GTY. Using Apple Wallet, or an Android barcode reader, scan the boarding pass barcodes and the last digits after the "-" is your room number. Technically, they can still change it but mine have always been the same room on that cruise.

22 minutes ago, pharmdawg said:

when are the cabins usually assigned?

It varies widely.  A few get assigned quite early. Most later.  A substantial number of gty’s are not assigned until a few days before the cruise.

Most people booking a balcony guarantee get a BX.  You are talk about a D4 gty.  Is this group space with a travel agent?  If so, I’d suspect it is a gty because no D4’s are available right now.  I’d ask the TA if D4’s become available again, can you (and the TA) just pick one or do you have to wait for the cruise line to assign a cabin like a BX

I don’t recall a substantial number of obstructed balconies on Adventure.

14 minutes ago, Orange jeep said:

Just wondering if any of the rooms had been updated.

Other than carpet and perhaps a new sofa, cabins are almost never updated during dry dock. Sometimes, if the cabin needs it, they do that (the carpet) while she is still in service.

4 hours ago, HicksRA said:

They’re all kind of obstructed IMO with a steel wall below the rail. 

The balcony design has been discussed.  Beyond that, I don’t recall a substantial number of balconies designated as obstructed in Adventure.  There are the aft ones, though most of those tend to be fairly popular.

23 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Also know that once you are assigned a cabin, if you don't like its location, you can ask to be moved to any other available cabin within that same category.

I believe that is only if you are in North America, others don't get that flexibility

I booked a GTY neighborhood balcony cabin on Harmony of the Seas, booking the cruise on Feb. 22 for an April 1 sailing and my GTY cabin was assigned on March 6. 

Edited by njsmom