Flight cancelled! option for lounge in Fort Lauderdale on arrival?

sdnich

Our flight out of San Diego got canceled today we booked two nights at hotel at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort .. we should be there right now!  but we are not going get on the flight till tomorrow afternoon and will do a redeye that will show up at 6 AM the day of the cruiseđŸ˜łđŸ˜«

My question ,is there airport lounge that let you pay to hang out for a few hours before leaving airport ? I have googled it and I’m not getting answers so I thought I would put it out to the cruise critic people to  possibly help me out.! Our check-in time is not till 11:30. I just wanted somewhere we can relax and possibly freshen our tired bodies (because I don’t sleep on flights) before heading to the port!??

Thanks 

Edited by sdnich

Have you considered taking another airline from San Diego or SNA? There are reasonable flights available tomorrow that would get you there in time for a good nights sleep at the Hilton.

On your question though, I'm sorry but I don't know of a lounge at FLL that has a place to really freshen up besides the regular airline lounges. 

Edited by 3girlsmom

29 minutes ago, sdnich said:

My question ,is there airport lounge that let you pay to hang out for a few hours before leaving airport ?

There is the  Escape Lounge. It is a new lounge at FLL.  It is free for AMEX Platnium card holders but if you can pay to use tha lounge. I don't now if you can access the lounge if you leave the terminal.It is inside the departure gate.  Like if you have to collect luggage. I have only used it one time  before a flightbecause it is new.

https://escapelounges.com/us/locations/Fort-Lauderdale/

Edited by Charles4515

3 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Lounges won’t let you in unless you have a boarding pass for a departing flight on that day from FLL. 

Not true. You can enter the Delta Sky lounge upon arrival. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sdnich said:

Our flight out of San Diego got canceled today we booked two nights at hotel at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach resort .. we should be there right now!  but we are not going get on the flight till tomorrow afternoon and will do a redeye that will show up at 6 AM the day of the cruiseđŸ˜łđŸ˜«

My question ,is there airport lounge that let you pay to hang out for a few hours before leaving airport ? I have googled it and I’m not getting answers so I thought I would put it out to the cruise critic people to  possibly help me out.! Our check-in time is not till 11:30. I just wanted somewhere we can relax and possibly freshen our tired bodies (because I don’t sleep on flights) before heading to the port!??

Thanks 

Omg I’m breaking out in hives just reading this. Fingers crossed for your red eye. Not too familiar with the lounges in FLL but as others have mentioned several hotels in the area offer day rooms. 

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Omg I’m breaking out in hives just reading this. Fingers crossed for your red eye. Not too familiar with the lounges in FLL but as others have mentioned several hotels in the area offer day rooms. 

I think a day pass at a hotel makes the most sense as most airport lounges are inside the security gates. 

• Like 1

So sorry your flight was cancelled.

Unfortunately don't know anything about lounges, but:

If your hotel reservation could not be cancelled at the last minute, then you technically could go to the hotel at 6 am and get the room you have reserved. (If hotel is pre-paid, you often can't cancel, so they would "owe" you access to the room you paid for.) Just an outside-of-the-box thought.

[When I was researching day passes, they often were not available until 9 am.]

Edited by MarKay525
  • Like 1

Thank you for the input ! All the day rooms were 9-10 am to 5 . I had a great Alaska Airlines person and all early flights were booked! He spent an hour on the phone looking at different connecting flights.We had first class flights so he was trying his hardest to find the best flights. We are not excited about the red eye but we will do it.

It will be along day but we do care as long as we make the ship!! 

32 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I was following you on your journey to get to the Solstice and was cheering you on!!And also on Solstice ! I never thought with 2 nights before we would cut it this close!! I am glad Hilton gave me all our points back even though it said no cancellation on booking yesterday.

• Like 1

I’d call the Hilton you had booked and ask if you can come and eat breakfast at the hotel and then wait in the lobby. Explain you had a room booked on points (so they know you’re a HH member) but flight  was Canx. If it is a free breakfast, then just ask if you could wait in lobby for a few hours. I bet they say it’s ok. Good luck!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The lounges are on the airside at FLL (only land side lounges I've seen are arrivals lounges in Europe), and they're likely to require an outbound ticket. Delta "might" allow you into the SkyLounge, for a fee, since they partner with Alaska. But your luggage will be delivered outside security...

1 minute ago, markeb said:

The lounges are on the airside at FLL (only land side lounges I've seen are arrivals lounges in Europe), and they're likely to require an outbound ticket. Delta "might" allow you into the SkyLounge, for a fee, since they partner with Alaska. But your luggage will be delivered outside security...

We were thinking if we were just carry on that would work but we are on a 10 day cruise so that’s not happening! :))

• Like 1

If Hilton says no, I’d pick a hotel with a restaurant and go eat a long breakfast. If you get one by the beach, check your luggage at hotel and eat and then walk/sit on beach with a big cup of coffee. Marriott has a nice one on the beach. Also Used to be yankee clipper and yankee traders (Sheratons), so now maybe Marriotts. All good options to eat/beach it. 

4 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We were thinking if we were just carry on that would work but we are on a 10 day cruise so that’s not happening! :))

Yeah. I've actually been known to take a connecting flight through Frankfurt to Munich instead of flying direct. The Lufthansa Senator lounge in Frankfurt is airside, has showers, and a hot breakfast in the morning. And I knew I'd be homeless in Munich once I got there...

I'd try and go for a day room at a local Hilton or Marriott. It's easy to check day rates with Hilton by entering the same arrival/departure day.

This very same situation made me book the 7am LAS-MIA flight. All others I found to FLL were redeye flights and got in at the same ungodly hour as yours.

10 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I'd try and go for a day room at a local Hilton or Marriott. It's easy to check day rates with Hilton by entering the same arrival/departure day.

This very same situation made me book the 7am LAS-MIA flight. All others I found to FLL were redeye flights and got in at the same ungodly hour as yours.

All of the day rooms I checked started at nine or 10 AM . We have an 1130 check-in we might just go to breakfast and head to the port a little early.

Thanks for the ideas but knowing me I will be lucky to sleep for an hour or two!! Going to the beach doesn’t sound like any fun ! 

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

All of the day rooms I checked started at nine or 10 AM . We have an 1130 check-in we might just go to breakfast and head to the port a little early.

Thanks for the ideas but knowing me I will be lucky to sleep for an hour or two!! Going to the beach doesn’t sound like any fun ! 

On Holland America they generally open up at 10:30 am and start boarding at 11:30 am.

12 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

On Holland America they generally open up at 10:30 am and start boarding at 11:30 am.

We found a restaurant near airport and port  Lester’s diner. They said they had plenty of room if we bought luggage.We will have breakfast and head over and will sit at the terminal for awhile.