2023 $Taxi Fares from Port to Sagrada Familia Barcelona, etc. on a B2B

tikigal

I bought a ticket for a 10:30 guided tour plus tower at 12:00 at Sagrada Familia.  I'm on a B2B cruise on X and want to get off early, see a little of the area right around the Cathedral, tour, and get back to the ship.  Does anyone know the taxi fare now to that area? I can always walk a few extra blocks from the Cathedral.  And is there a good place for a coffee and pastry before?  I'll be in a pinch to board, so have to watch the time.  The traffic is also a big deal is on a Saturday I think but not sure.  I am traveling alone.

Edited by tikigal

• tikigal changed the title to 2023 $Taxi Fares from Port to Sagrada Familia Barcelona, etc. on a B2B
5 hours ago, Tikigal1 said:

I bought a ticket for a 10:30 guided tour plus tower at 12:00 at Sagrada Familia.  I'm on a B2B cruise on X and want to get off early, see a little of the area right around the Cathedral, tour, and get back to the ship.  Does anyone know the taxi fare now to that area? I can always walk a few extra blocks from the Cathedral.  And is there a good place for a coffee and pastry before?  I'll be in a pinch to board, so have to watch the time.  The traffic is also a big deal is on a Saturday I think but not sure.  I am traveling alone.

Our 4th visit and 3rd time from the cruiseterminal to Sagrada Familia this spring and we will,. like before, take the shuttle from terminal to "Columbus"; cross the street/place to Metro station Drassane and travel by Metro. Simple, fast and cheap. Enjoy your visit! 

11 hours ago, Tikigal1 said:

The taxi fare is around 10 euros.  The square in front of the SF entrance is surrounded by a number of cafes where you can have a quick coffee.  There are many taxis around. I would suggest taking a taxi to the Casa Batllo on the Passeig de Gracia after you visit the SF.  You don't have to go in Casa Batllo, but just admire it and all the other beautiful buildings from outside.  This is a much nicer street for cafes and restaurants and far better for sightseeing than the area around SF.  In fact, right across the street from Casa Batllo there is a very nice and relatively inexpensive tapas restaurant called TapaTapa with sidewalk tables. There are millions of taxis around to get you back to the ship.

Don't bother with public transport on your limited time.  The traffic will be busy, but not more than any other day.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2023 at 9:29 AM, marazul said:

The taxi fare is around 10 euros.  The square in front of the SF entrance is surrounded by a number of cafes where you can have a quick coffee.  There are many taxis around. I would suggest taking a taxi to the Casa Batllo on the Passeig de Gracia after you visit the SF.  You don't have to go in Casa Batllo, but just admire it and all the other beautiful buildings from outside.  This is a much nicer street for cafes and restaurants and far better for sightseeing than the area around SF.  In fact, right across the street from Casa Batllo there is a very nice and relatively inexpensive tapas restaurant called TapaTapa with sidewalk tables. There are millions of taxis around to get you back to the ship.

Don't bother with public transport on your limited time.  The traffic will be busy, but not more than any other day.

We'll be there in a few days. Thx for info. Do taxi drivers have credit card machines?

How much for tipping taxi driver?

17 minutes ago, fellswoop said:

We'll be there in a few days. Thx for info. Do taxi drivers have credit card machines?

How much for tipping taxi driver?

Most do. No tipping expected, but you can round up to nearest euro.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, marazul said:

It's gone up a bit since the price of fuel went up. 

Of course, no problem. and: "what went up can go down" as we all know (hopefully).

• Like 1

Hola, you can also pre-install and setup a free app, "cabify" on iOS or Android, this is the locally preferred app to get a taxi, and very useful as it will give you a very good idea of the probably taxi fare for your ride.  We're in Barcelona earlier this month, "cabify" showed our trip from the hotel to BCN Airport as around 30 Euros - if you request it, one can be at the pickup location within 2 to 4 minutes ... and that's fast, just as good as your "Uber"   We hailed a taxi waiting outside the hotel, loaded our luggage & got it, driver spoke enough English & understood where we're going (looked pretty obvious - especially when we said Airport, Terminal 1) - total fare came to just under 33 Euros, not bad. Rounded up the "loose" change as tipping is not expected nor required, but always appreciated.  

Happy & safe travel - and, do use Google Live Translate ... usable in offline mode when you have it pre-installed & loaded with language modules.  

• 3 weeks later...

This is very helpful info. We will be disembarking end of July and will go straight to Hotel Jazz, drop off bags and head to SF.  Afterwards we will take the advice to go to the Casa Batllo, can you jump on the HOHO bus somewhere near Passeig de Gracia to ride for the afternoon?