Apex Sunset Veranda

sasset

We had a sunset veranda on the Apex last spring, and we loved it. I think we were on the 8th deck. It was open and airy, and the wake was beautiful. There was a little soot problem, but we learned to check our seats before sitting and to use towels so it wasn't an issue.  We are fine with the infinite balconies too, but the sunset verandas are a step above for us.

We just finished 2 weeks in an SV cabin on the Apex.  The room seemed larger and the real veranda was very spacious.  We were in 8312 which is near the starboard center of the back.  The veranda had a generous overhang which seemed larger than the one on the adjacent cabin closer to the starboard side.  Soot never seemed to be a problem.  There were some black soot marks on the cushions, but no evidence of soot while we were there.  If you have mobility issues, be aware that it is a long walk from the stairs/lift area to the back.  We counted about 140 steps each way.   We loved this cabin would definitely book it again. 

We were in a sunset veranda on Edge (and years ago on Infinity) and won’t cruise in any other cabin!!!  So relaxing watching the wake and the people watching in ports was the best.  We were on deck 11 on Edge and had no problem with soot or noise of any kind.

I’d avoid being above Eden or right below the Sunset Bar for potential noise.  Definitely a long walk, but it helped us get our steps in. 😉

We have a Sunset Sky suite booked for our next Beyond cruise and can’t wait!

Edited by Mauidiver

We were on deck 7 on the Apex and 12 on the Edge this January.  We did have a big issue with soot on the Edge.  Our balcony was power washed mid-way through our cruise, and the soot was back on the chairs the next day.  We had soot on a garment that had to be specially cleaned.  Despite the soot on the Edge, we absolutely loved the Sunset Veranda and would never cruise in an infinity balcony again.  Eden was not a problem on the Apex. Because of the way that the ship's balconies are staggered, we made friends with those above, beside and below us.  

We don’t care for the infinite verandas on the Edge class ships therefore the sunset verandas are great. We were on the Apex SV on deck 9 and had absolutely no problem with soot. Some people have expressed concern about the long walk from the elevators. I look at it “forced exercise”. I get my steps in going to and from the cabin. 

• Like 1