Fan for sleeping

rdemn

Just download an app to your phone I have two that I rotate nightly, I used to use a fan and switched to one on my first cruise and now that is all my son and I use , got rid of the fans. Most of the apps are free. I don’t know if I can say the name of the two I use but one is strictly fan noises and the other has waves, fans , white noise, etc on it.  Both totally free, both work in airplane mode, and one less thing you have to pack.

It is also great to turn up the volume while you are sleeping in case you have noisy neighbors.   It blocks the noise right out and you will sleep like a baby. 
😉

Edited by Noworkforme23

The app sounds good, but I would still need the air that the fan provides.  It's great for those pesky nighttime hot flashes!  Also, if I have a fan then DH doesn't complain that the cabin air conditioning is on the "meat locker"  setting.  LOL!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Noworkforme23 said:

Just download an app to your phone I have two that I rotate nightly, I used to use a fan and switched to one on my first cruise and now that is all my son and I use , got rid of the fans. Most of the apps are free. I don’t know if I can say the name of the two I use but one is strictly fan noises and the other has waves, fans , white noise, etc on it.  Both totally free, both work in airplane mode, and one less thing you have to pack.

It is also great to turn up the volume while you are sleeping in case you have noisy neighbors.   It blocks the noise right out and you will sleep like a baby. 
😉

Your phone has a fan that moves air?  That’s cool, literally. 🙂

• Haha 1

I just downloaded my e-docs.  The last item on the list of prohibited items was fans.  It included eclectic, usb and battery operated.  There is a good chance of these being confiscated by security of inspection.  My husband wanted to bring one.

We love this device for fan/white noise.  It doesn't loop the sounds. It's very small and doubles as a (passable) blue tooth speaker.  It's essential item for our cruises.

https://www.amazon.com/LectroFan-Guaranteed-Non-Looping-Sound-Relaxation/dp/B07MZN92LX/ref=sr_1_80?keywords=white+noise+machine&qid=1679155205&sr=8-80

2 hours ago, susique said:

I just downloaded my e-docs.  The last item on the list of prohibited items was fans.  It included eclectic, usb and battery operated.  There is a good chance of these being confiscated by security of inspection.  My husband wanted to bring one.

Yes, they have started confiscating fans.  My bag was sent to the naughty room on my last cruise, they explained it was because of the fan.  It's a new rule that may be sporadically enforced, but don't count on getting your fan thru  

I'd love to know their reasoning for this new rule? It's not a fire hazard. It's just a simple fan. ugh! 

This is the one I have....and I will put it in my carry on...it's small. If they take it they take it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YQW16VM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by uneamie

I had no idea this was a prohibited item! I've scanned the list before but missed that one. I always leave my crossbow, fireworks, illegal drugs, and swords at home, but I just didn't have a 4 inch fan on my mind. 

We took this small fan on our recent Bliss cruise.

https://www.target.com/p/holmes-4-34-on-the-go-portable-clip-rechargeable-battery-360-176-rotation-fan-black/-/A-87144378#lnk=sametab

I did not try to hide it in my luggage. It sat on the desk of our cabin in plain sight for 15 days and was not confiscated. So I don't know how strictly they are enforcing the ban. 

We use a white noise app on my phone to drown out extraneous noise; only use the fan on occasion for hot flashes. 🥵🔥

12 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

If you were cruising to a Hot climate area,  is the fan of the HVAC system with the A/C lowered to 66 inadequate enough to need a fan? 

I don't know about others, but I "need" circulating air to sleep.  I don't find HVAC system fans to meet my needs in that way (but it does for cooling purposes).  Even in the winter I have a fan on and often an open window for fresh air.  It also doubles a white noise.

• Like 1

I think the fan on the prohibited list must be a recent addition.  I have taken a fan for years and never had a problem.  I can understand prohibiting electric fans, but battery operated or USB fans seems to not make much sense.

I really need a fan to sleep also.  I'm going to pack it and just see what happens.  It works on D batteries so no way is it a fire hazard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sailorusvi said:

I don't know about others, but I "need" circulating air to sleep.  I don't find HVAC system fans to meet my needs in that way (but it does for cooling purposes).  Even in the winter I have a fan on and often an open window for fresh air.  It also doubles a white noise.

Thanks. I'm the same way, need the air flow. So I think I'll bring my battery run fan. I do think the issue is with anything electric. I KNOW that's not specified, and a fan is a fan, so I'll take my chances. 

33 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

Thanks. I'm the same way, need the air flow. So I think I'll bring my battery run fan. I do think the issue is with anything electric. I KNOW that's not specified, and a fan is a fan, so I'll take my chances. 

I posted above the fan I brought with no issue.  Maybe I just got lucky?  It charges via USB, so  electricity shouldn't have been an issue.