Venezia tips and must dos?

On 3/19/2023 at 10:39 AM, shof515 said:

Navantia is the name of the cadiz shipyard, famous for the sunshine conversion on the 3 ships 

mariinetraffic websites shows the venezia arrived on the 16

2/3, Sunshine was done in Italy at the same place it was built in 1996 funnily enough.

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

I am on the 6/15 inaugural sailing. i was originally booked on the magic in a 1A porthole cabin that had a small view of the ocean. When the ship switch happen, i was downgraded to a basic interior cabin with no windows at all. Carnival says this is an upgrade since i went from 1A to like 4B category

To me going to a room with no window or view is a massive downgrade

@shof515 appreciate the response  - different cabin type but exact same scenario- our cabin was downgraded with no compensation, not even OBC. I'm sure the ship will be lovely, but not getting what you pay for sure doesn't sit well (we PIF more than 18 mos before sail date).

Thanks to everyone for letting me go off topic...

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@shof515 appreciate the response  - different cabin type but exact same scenario- our cabin was downgraded with no compensation, not even OBC. I'm sure the ship will be lovely, but not getting what you pay for sure doesn't sit well (we PIF more than 18 mos before sail date).

We end up 1 deck lower on Venezia then we had booked on Magic. Had 2 rooms on Magic a balcony and an inside directly across, durning the Magic shuffle the balcony was down graded a deck. Had to call to get the 2 rooms set correctly again.

13 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

We end up 1 deck lower on Venezia then we had booked on Magic. Had 2 rooms on Magic a balcony and an inside directly across, durning the Magic shuffle the balcony was down graded a deck. Had to call to get the 2 rooms set correctly again.

Appreciate your response and glad you were able to get yours corrected.

We started calling as soon as we received the "ship swap" notice to proactively make note of our desire for the same cabin and see if we would luck into getting it assigned early, but a couple hours and several call transfers got us nowhere. 

So we started calling again as soon as we received the assignments - both were changed, both downgraded. Hours on hold, being passed around and yelled at once, we were not successful in getting either cabin reinstated or OBC in lieu of.

We continue to check weekly to see if original cabin type opens up, but so far only been able to get 1; and it cost us $60 to do that!

What we don't understand,  us Venezia is bigger than the Magic, so all the original cabins should have been an easy swap - cabin for cabin - then they make the remaining cabins available for booking.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Appreciate your response and glad you were able to get yours corrected.

We started calling as soon as we received the "ship swap" notice to proactively make note of our desire for the same cabin and see if we would luck into getting it assigned early, but a couple hours and several call transfers got us nowhere. 

So we started calling again as soon as we received the assignments - both were changed, both downgraded. Hours on hold, being passed around and yelled at once, we were not successful in getting either cabin reinstated or OBC in lieu of.

We continue to check weekly to see if original cabin type opens up, but so far only been able to get 1; and it cost us $60 to do that!

What we don't understand,  us Venezia is bigger than the Magic, so all the original cabins should have been an easy swap - cabin for cabin - then they make the remaining cabins available for booking.

Can say i surely did not understand the mess that Carnival made of the swap out. Should have been a simpler process. Now i understand there maybe less of 1 type of cabin (upgrade someone) We called our PVP early and was asked to hold on for a week as there was nothing they could do until the cabin process was completed. That was when i saw my 2 cabin were no longer across from each other. 28 days at this point just looking forward to going.

• Like 2

carnival handled the ship switch horrible. cabins were unassigned for many weeks and at the same time taking new bookings. they should of never taken new booking until after the cabins were assigned. for me, i had to wait about a month to get my cabin  assignment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

You're getting onto a slightly larger ship that is 8 years younger and will be unique to the fleet until it's counterpart debuts next year.    If you didn't like your new cabin assignment, you could have canceled and gotten a refund or FCC.  And nobody made you pay in full a year and a half out, that was on you.

Maybe Carnival dropped the ball with the way they handed out the cabins, but the bottom line is that you could have gotten a refund and spent that money on another cruise on another line, if what Carnival did upset you so much.

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

You're getting onto a slightly larger ship that is 8 years younger and will be unique to the fleet until it's counterpart debuts next year.    If you didn't like your new cabin assignment, you could have canceled and gotten a refund or FCC.  And nobody made you pay in full a year and a half out, that was on you.

Maybe Carnival dropped the ball with the way they handed out the cabins, but the bottom line is that you could have gotten a refund and spent that money on another cruise on another line, if what Carnival did upset you so much.

The option to cancel with refund had a deadline before the cabin assignments were made. Why would I cancel before I knew what cabin they were giving me?

• Like 3

On 5/22/2023 at 2:29 AM, Haljo1935 said:

@Crusin Karen when they moved you from Magic to Venezia, did you get your same cabin?

We were also booked on the Magic and got swapped to Venezia, couple months after your trip.

We're happy to be on the "new" ship, but not only we were not given the same cabins as we had booked on Magic; we were downgraded. Curious what happened to 9thers who were swapped from Magic.

We had three cabins on magic.   Two connecting coves.  And inside directly across the hall.    I think carnival Shoukd have placed magic people before they opened Venezia for bookings.   It took us three months to be place     We had one in the front.   One in the back   And the teens on a completely different deck   Which I found hysterical as you can’t book a cabin if you are under 21.    It took another 4/5 weeks to fix the mess      

On 5/23/2023 at 6:40 PM, TravelBluebird said:

@havanadaydreaming I have started my LIVE! thread for the Venezia’s maiden voyage. I will let you know if there are any new or different must-dos, and if you have any specific questions or things you want me to find out for you, please let me know in the thread!:

Have a wonderful cruise, thank you in advance for you views and information.

We are sailing Aug.31st. and could only get a balcony cabin even six months out. Looking forward to hearing about MDRs and entertainment.

longing forward to seeing some images and video of the Venezia.  

I'm sure i'll try the Guy's italian burger and have a handcrafted cocktail at the italian Alchemy bar.  

i look forward to seeing what sticks from the Costa brand as opposed to tried and true Carnival to dos.  

On 3/19/2023 at 10:34 AM, Bound4Bermuda said:

I posted a tour video the other day, link below. However, it’s based entirely on photos, drawings, and the floor plan PDF.

I’m sailing my first-ever Carnival cruise on Venezia in July, so I’ll take any tips I can get—even if it may differ on Venezia. (I realize this ship has some intentional differences, but surely there are a lot of standard features across the fleet.) I tried starting a FAQs, tips and tricks thread like there is on the Royal Caribbean board, but I didn’t really get much feedback. I feel a little lost since I went into the Royal Caribbean cruises telling my family all the things we shouldn’t miss, etc. And for this cruise, I got nothing other than hyping up that my daughter can have Guy Fiere burgers, as it’s been a silly joke that she’s a big fan and I don’t exactly see the charm. So I’d take ANY tips, please!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2899543-carnival-venezia-new-food-bar-and-other-exciting-featuresconcepts-debuting/?do=findComment&comment=65007197

This is the same for us. We are sailing in late June. For the RC cruise I researched so much, knew about drinks cards, boarding, dining, etc.. For this one I'm clueless. I feel really unprepared to make the most of it. We had an amazing MDR setup with RC and I have no idea how dining works on Carnival. Plus we're bringing some first time cruisers so I feel I'm responsible for their experience. I might start biting my nails 😆

Edited by Usuallyrightagain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Usuallyrightagain said:

...For this one I'm clueless. I feel really unprepared to make the most of it. We had an amazing MDR setup with RC and I have no idea how dining works on Carnival. Plus we're bringing some first time cruisers so I feel I'm responsible for their experience. I might start biting my nails 😆

No nail biting allowed!! We're all newbies in this together no matter how many times we've cruised on Brand X, Ship Z. This is a completely new ship w/nothing like it (unless you sailed on Costa). We'll learn together and a lot of it will come from the live reviews those going before us are doing. There are several, so I'd say share them w/your travel mates and you can learn together about what's to come. 🥳😎

Edited by Haljo1935

Venezia is built on approximately the same plans of the Carnival Vista class ships (Vista, Horizon & Panorama).  Although there will be a number of differences, the basic skeleton will be like those ships.

The ship looks great. I’m looking forward to trying ill Viaggio and the different bars and lounges.  The jogging track looks to be huge, maybe the biggest in carnivals fleet?  Lido looks fantastic and it appears there’s plenty of outside lounge chairs on outside decks.  It looks like the theatre is configured like a proper theatre and not a liquid lounge. I hope I’m right about that. I’m looking forward to this ship.

• 3 weeks later...