Just Received Our Cruise Documents

WLVTRVLR

My partner and I are very excited to be embarking the Splendor for our first Regent cruise on April 29, 2023 from Athens to Barcelona.

So for those wondering about documents and timing, ours arrived today.  Timing was a little over 5 weeks prior to departure to us here in Seattle, Washington.

The Cruise Vacation Document detailed all of the pertinent information including boarding time, booked shore excursions and dining reservations. We also received a nice organization folder and both Regent embossed and paper baggage tags.

Thank you to all that have posted about Regent, cabins, itineraries and tips.  It has all been extremely helpful in my planning process and I look forward to returning the favor by posting what I learn on this trip.

-Steven

IMG_5586.jpeg

• Like 7

On 3/19/2023 at 8:59 PM, WLVTRVLR said:

My partner and I are very excited to be embarking the Splendor for our first Regent cruise on April 29, 2023 from Athens to Barcelona.

So for those wondering about documents and timing, ours arrived today.  Timing was a little over 5 weeks prior to departure to us here in Seattle, Washington.

The Cruise Vacation Document detailed all of the pertinent information including boarding time, booked shore excursions and dining reservations. We also received a nice organization folder and both Regent embossed and paper baggage tags.

Thank you to all that have posted about Regent, cabins, itineraries and tips.  It has all been extremely helpful in my planning process and I look forward to returning the favor by posting what I learn on this trip.

-Steven

IMG_5586.jpeg

We will be on this cruise as well as the 8 night Rome-Athens prior to this one! Looking forward to getting back on the Splendor for 18 wonderful nights! 

• Like 1

I’ve been cruising Regent for a while now, and have received multiples of the various types of packaging they use. I recently took most of them to a local mission for its thrift store, and requested through my TA that Regent stop sending that packaging. It’s nice, but I don’t need it, and Regent doesn’t need the small extra expense.

So yesterday I received my package for my upcoming May 5 cruise. And they honored my request. No outer bag, no portfolio folder. They also left out the various brochures and booklets that I’ve seen oh-so-many times. Just the paper folder, the summary, and the luggage tags.  That works for me, for Regent, and for the landfill.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

If anyone from the UK is reading - how do we pick up the 'leather' luggage tags as we only get paper ones in the post ( if we are lucky 😜)

I used my Seabourn ones on the last cruise 😱

Sail enough days to reach Platinum

Edited by beaujolais
edit

1 hour ago, beaujolais said:

Sail enough days to reach Platinum

Well that can't be right as the original poster who posted the photo of their cruise documents says it's their first Regent cruise and they are only sailing Athens to Barcelona so not enough days there to reach platinum?🤔?😜

Our experience from our last cruise, Spring 2022, that Regent UK guests no longer  receive the nice pre embarkation pack enclosing leather/paper luggage tags etc. UK guests were expected to collect the paper tags for their luggage to fill in whilst at the embarkation port. 
Hopefully Regent UK have addressed this in 2023 and UK guests will receive the same quality and experience as our overseas friends. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, scottie920 said:

Our experience from our last cruise, Spring 2022, that Regent UK guests no longer  receive the nice pre embarkation pack enclosing leather/paper luggage tags etc. UK guests were expected to collect the paper tags for their luggage to fill in whilst at the embarkation port. 
Hopefully Regent UK have addressed this in 2023 and UK guests will receive the same quality and experience as our overseas friends. 

We got our paper tags in the post for our cruise before Christmas but nothing else so things haven't improved there. I wondered if we could pick up the 'leather' tags onboard as we move to Silver on the next cruise. Our Seabourn ones are getting a bit tatty 😂

Edited by Techno123

12 hours ago, Techno123 said:

Well that can't be right as the original poster who posted the photo of their cruise documents says it's their first Regent cruise and they are only sailing Athens to Barcelona so not enough days there to reach platinum?🤔?😜

The tags shown in the 'photo are not leather tags

13 minutes ago, beaujolais said:

The tags shown in the 'photo are not leather tags

That's why I put the word 'leather' in speech marks as wasn't sure if it was real or vegan leather (aka plastic 😜). As it currently stands, we in the UK get nothing except the paper boarding tags in the post and I wondered if I could collect onboard.

1 hour ago, Techno123 said:

That's why I put the word 'leather' in speech marks as wasn't sure if it was real or vegan leather (aka plastic 😜). As it currently stands, we in the UK get nothing except the paper boarding tags in the post and I wondered if I could collect onboard.

I'm sure that if you ask reception when on board and if they have them you will be given a couple

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Techno123 said:

As it currently stands, we in the UK get nothing except the paper boarding tags in the post and I wondered if I could collect onboard.

I doubt if they are available on board.

Try ringing Southampton; they probably still have them from when we in the UK used to receive the luxury pack.

• Like 2

Just heard a thump from the letter box. Envelope from Regent containing luggage tags and a letter of explanation on how to proceed to get the rest of the documents for our “Royal Lands” cruise at the end of May on Splendor. 
A shame about the wallet but got enough of them from past cruises so not too fussed. 
Just looking forward to the cruise. 

18 hours ago, scottie920 said:

It is the same for the Regent customers in Switzerland 🤢

On 3/28/2023 at 6:37 AM, wishIweretravelling said:

I’ve been cruising Regent for a while now, and have received multiples of the various types of packaging they use. I recently took most of them to a local mission for its thrift store, and requested through my TA that Regent stop sending that packaging. It’s nice, but I don’t need it, and Regent doesn’t need the small extra expense.

So yesterday I received my package for my upcoming May 5 cruise. And they honored my request. No outer bag, no portfolio folder. They also left out the various brochures and booklets that I’ve seen oh-so-many times. Just the paper folder, the summary, and the luggage tags.  That works for me, for Regent, and for the landfill.

We received an email from Regent a few weeks ago giving us a choice of receiving the full package or just the paperwork and bag tags. We have plenty of bags and folders so we requested the minimalist list. We should find out what they send in a couple of weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a shame.

We have just paid in full for our first Regent cruise but have sailed many times with Oceania.
With Oceania we have always received a beautiful personalised blue book, luggage labels and a holder ( looks like leather but is good thick plastic ). 
We always enjoy receiving the booklet as anticipation is …. Great ( let’s be honest here we love to cruise). The blue book is posted from New Jersey.
As Oceania is part of the NCL group it seems a pity that UK  Oceania customers are more valued than Regents. 

Hello

We have an upcoming cruise with Oceania having sailed around 8 times with them…..no blue book, no labels, nothing…..

Boarding booked online…

Our travelling companions had the full package (he has cruised Oceania with his wife. Now widowed he has a new partner ….)

Our excellent agent sent us their luggage labels on request.

We have 2 Regent cruises this year. Recent past cruises, no labels….we are gold members…

Putting  labels on at the destination airport is a hassle.

Receiving  documents in a folder adds to the anticipation of a cruise (I still use Regents drawstring bag (with pockets) onboard 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 12:13 PM, flossie009 said:

I doubt if they are available on board.

Try ringing Southampton; they probably still have them from when we in the UK used to receive the luxury pack.

Well thank you Flossie for your advice 😁 - messaged Regent UK and these were posted out yesterday and arrived this morning.05D20FE9-3C66-4053-A53B-D4E56AC7591D.thumb.jpeg.09c5acaccc554dbd5ad5d516f2c3c65c.jpeg

• Like 3

I am sure you could ask - it looks like they definitely have a small supply in the UK 😁

I logged into my account and at the very bottom of the page there is a contact us form where you can submit an enquiry. It took a couple of days for them to get back and you have to specifically ask for the plastic bag tags as sent out to the US customers otherwise they think you mean the paper ones (ask me how I know 😜)

Pob lwc with your quest.

I work on the principle that "they can always say no".  But I'd expect a polite request to be received positively by Regent UK, who have always been immensely helpful whenever we are in touch with them about something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gilly said:

I work on the principle that "they can always say no".  But I'd expect a polite request to be received positively by Regent UK, who have always been immensely helpful whenever we are in touch with them about something.

I agree - the person who got back to me about my request was delightful and very helpful. She has also put a request in that I am known by the shortened version of my name rather than my official one (which is on my passport) whilst onboard. Whenever my full name was used I used to know I was in trouble - double trouble if the middle name was used too  😂😂

Edited by Techno123