Half Portions in MDR

dallasdan

19 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

That didn't take long. As we all must know, people are leaving dinner completely starving.

No, but not all of us are willing to play ostrich as the company cheapens the experience all around us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

That didn't take long. As we all must know, people are leaving dinner completely starving.

I never leave starving, there are still plenty of starters I do like. I am just calling it like I see it. When the chicken leg comes out and is about the same diameter of my thumb and tastes like a frozen dinner, I call it like it is. With 34 billion in debt I do realize Carnival is in a fight for survival right now and probably one more economic shock could send it to chapter 11. It is not the end of the world, but the food quality in general has definitely gone down over my many Carnival cruises. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I never leave starving, there are still plenty of starters I do like. I am just calling it like I see it. When the chicken leg comes out and is about the same diameter of my thumb and tastes like a frozen dinner, I call it like it is. With 34 billion in debt I do realize Carnival is in a fight for survival right now and probably one more economic shock could send it to chapter 11. It is not the end of the world, but the food quality in general has definitely gone down over my many Carnival cruises. 

I cruised in January. Can confirm that without doubt, it was bigger than my thumb. 

8 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I cruised in January. Can confirm that without doubt, it was bigger than my thumb. 

I'm glad yours was. Mine was tiny. Next time I will take pics for you doubting Thomases. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I'm glad yours was. Mine was tiny. Next time I will take pics for you doubting Thomases. 

you can include me in that number and stop calling me Thomas. Bonus if you can include your thumb next to the chicken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

you can include me in that number and stop calling me Thomas. Bonus if you can include your thumb next to the chicken.

Shirly you must be kidding. I guess a struck a nerve with the cheerleaders 🤣 But I will keep you all in mind.

• Like 1

I am both a picky eater, and a small eater. I have come to the conclusion that almost all restaurant meals are served for people who eat much, much, more than I ever could.  Perhaps they are designed for the hearty growing young man?

As soon as I receive a meal at a restaurant I cut if in half and take half home.

At my house, I have a saying, no meat ever goes to waste--I have two large dogs who always like meat scraps.

I have a lot of guilt on every cruise about all the food that I, personally, let go to waste, but there is no other remedy, although I always say, bring me the smallest serving!  I would 100% welcome half servings!! By the way, I have never gained weight on a cruise--usually I lose a few pounds due to healthy eating, lots of walking, and dancing at night!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LibertyBella said:

I am both a picky eater, and a small eater. I have come to the conclusion that almost all restaurant meals are served for people who eat much, much, more than I ever could.  Perhaps they are designed for the hearty growing young man?

As soon as I receive a meal at a restaurant I cut if in half and take half home.

At my house, I have a saying, no meat ever goes to waste--I have two large dogs who always like meat scraps.

I have a lot of guilt on every cruise about all the food that I, personally, let go to waste, but there is no other remedy, although I always say, bring me the smallest serving!  I would 100% welcome half servings!! By the way, I have never gained weight on a cruise--usually I lose a few pounds due to healthy eating, lots of walking, and dancing at night!

I agree with you on the waste. I eat what I order. It is unbelievable the amount of food waste I see in the MDR and especially the lido restaurant. I don't even like to be at the same table with someone in my group who wastes mounds of food. Half portions would be good for those who want them, but people have said they tend to bring the whole portion anyway. 

27 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Not really. Just never seen a chicken that small.

It may very well have been a one off. In my 56 years I have eaten a lot of chicken legs. I measured my thumb which is about an inch across. This leg was at best 1 1/2 inches across and short. Most chicken legs are bulbous at the meat end, but this was almost the same from top to bottom. It had the frozen box of chicken taste I have also had a few times in my life. I don't come here to bash Carnival, I have 1000 shares I bought in the low 20's and I definitely want them to succeed. My last fried chicken on the Spirit in Feb was good. I will be on the Spirit again in May to Alaska and will give it another shot.

5 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

It may very well have been a one off. In my 56 years I have eaten a lot of chicken legs. I measured my thumb which is about an inch across. This leg was at best 1 1/2 inches across and short. Most chicken legs are bulbous at the meat end, but this was almost the same from top to bottom. It had the frozen box of chicken taste I have also had a few times in my life. I don't come here to bash Carnival, I have 1000 shares I bought in the low 20's and I definitely want them to succeed. My last fried chicken on the Spirit in Feb was good. I will be on the Spirit again in May to Alaska and will give it another shot.

You realize that you could have asked for an additional portion... 

11 hours ago, staceyglow said:

You realize that you could have asked for an additional portion... 

I got my fill, I always choose a couple of starters. It was just a big change from my Feb cruise in the quality, but it could be a one time issue. I will see in May on the Spirit to Alaska. There are plenty of other things I like also. I could live off Guy's and Blue Iguana but that wouldn't be so good to the waist line 😉 . Most of the starter soups I love. 

4 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I got my fill, I always choose a couple of starters. It was just a big change from my Feb cruise in the quality, but it could be a one time issue. I will see in May on the Spirit to Alaska. There are plenty of other things I like also. I could live off Guy's and Blue Iguana but that wouldn't be so good to the waist line 😉 . Most of the starter soups I love. 

I got my fill, I could have asked for more, and I'm still here to complain.

The FOMO is strong. You apparently aren't satisfied until you overeat or waste food, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I got my fill, I could have asked for more, and I'm still here to complain.

The FOMO is strong. You apparently aren't satisfied until you overeat or waste food, right?

I don't waste food period. Calm down you are an aggressive lad! I make one quote about the chicken and you can't let it rest.