Cruising solo, are there larger tables I can join in Specialty restaurants?

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The Chef’s Table groups random passengers at one table. 

M

I'm surprised to only see one mention of this. I signed up for the Chef's Table when I cruised by myself on Oasis last year, specifically so I would have at least one "social" dinner, and it was great. Big table for 16 with several couples and smaller family groups four. Everyone was very social and friendly and it didn't feel awkward at all. And the food was really awesome.

• Like 1

I always cruise solo and do at least one or two specialty restaurants each cruise, at least to use my BOGO D+ dinners.    I have always had a great time solo and find the staff to be especially welcoming of solo diners.   Hard to believe they would not be.   And I would never want to be seated with others I don't know.   Guess the fact that I traveled for business a lot and went out alone every night makes me very comfortable dining solo.  I actually enjoy my own company, lol. 

4 hours ago, PGPVA72 said:

. Everyone was very social and friendly and it didn't feel awkward at all

Of course because people book the The Chef's table with the expectation that they will be grouped with other people. Nobody expects that when booking and arriving at a specialty restaurant.

2 minutes ago, 3yorkies said:

Guess the fact that I traveled for business a lot and went out alone every night makes me very comfortable dining solo.  I actually enjoy my own company, lol

Some of the best conversations I have ever had have been with myself.  🙂 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/19/2023 at 7:21 PM, flametsfan said:

I sail solo.They will try to seat you with other people travling alone,or a bunch oh couples.you have to request a table for your party like 2 or 4.I have been on alot of royal cruises and that has been my experiance.

Sorry miss read,I was referring to MDR not specialty resturants.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My izumi hibachi says tables of 8 so they group too.

That's right I didn't think about the Hibachi... They will group you with others there. That is something for the OP to consider if they are looking for other to dine with.