Gratuities and tipping

lvpet

On 7/3/2023 at 7:08 PM, Thrak said:

When was the last time you cruised with Princess? We've only cruised twice since the restart (Royal Princess and Ruby Princess) but neither cruise has had the small envelopes available. I couldn't find them so I asked and was told they no longer have those available.

Tipping wait staff on the last night has declined drastically with the change from Traditional Dining to the current "whatever" free-for-all. People don't have the same wait staff every night which has changed things quite a lot. Many people also don't eat in MDR the last night because all of their clothes are packed to be picked up by the crew and they only have their travel clothes to wear which are much more suited to the buffet or the Lido eateries.

If you want to point fingers at the people who no longer tip the waitstaff on the last night try looking at the line of people who are removing gratuities at the end of the cruise.

We just got off Majestic and they had the envelopes at the Customer Service desk. We always get them to tip our waiters in Club Class and our room steward.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

We just got off Majestic and they had the envelopes at the Customer Service desk. We always get them to tip our waiters in Club Class and our room steward.

Yep, there not a prominent as they once were, but they still have them,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrysalis said:

If your on board account at the end of the cruise is less than +$25, they also call your name to give you the cash owing directly instead of having to issue checks/cheques post cruise.

We forgot to collect something like $12 and never got a call or a check. It just went away.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, chrysalis said:

If your on board account at the end of the cruise is less than +$25, they also call your name to give you the cash owing directly instead of having to issue checks/cheques post cruise.

I have had credit balances in the past that have always been applied back to my CC with other cruise lines that I sailed with. Nice little feature princess has for customers that may have credit balance, +25. Nothing wrong with that! 👍

• 5 months later...
On 7/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, Thrak said:

When was the last time you cruised with Princess? We've only cruised twice since the restart (Royal Princess and Ruby Princess) but neither cruise has had the small envelopes available. I couldn't find them so I asked and was told they no longer have those available.

Am on Ruby now...got envelopes at Guest Services desk.

• Like 1