Embarkation (Rome to Civitavecchia same day?)

CL128

Good day all!   Just wondering if anyone has embarked from Civitavecchia and travelled from Rome to embark at Civitavecchia the same day?  The train ride seems to be about 1hr,  so it seems to be ok if we were ti leave Rome at 9am?   

Would love to hear your experience!

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, CL128 said:

Just wondering if anyone has embarked from Civitavecchia and travelled from Rome to embark at Civitavecchia the same day?

Most probably do this.  We've used Civitavecchia Shuttle Express for transfers.

I think you'll find all of the travel options in the Ports of Call forum. I would venture to say that the vast majority of pax stay in Rome before embarking in Civit. The train is certainly an option, but I wouldn't advise it if you have a lot of luggage. Have a plan for how you will get from the train station to the port entrance. Many prefer a pre booked car service. You might even find someone to share a car on your Roll Call.

1 hour ago, CL128 said:

Good day all!   Just wondering if anyone has embarked from Civitavecchia and travelled from Rome to embark at Civitavecchia the same day?  The train ride seems to be about 1hr,  so it seems to be ok if we were ti leave Rome at 9am?   

Would love to hear your experience!

Thanks!

We stayed in Rome before our cruise last October.  We hired RomeCabs to pick us up at our hotel (next to the Pantheon) at 10 am on embarkation day to take 5 of us and our luggage to the pier at Civitavecchia (32 Euros per person).  We arrived at 11:16 am.

928DF3CC-A5F0-4F9E-9004-C4696D67C00B.thu

Oct 22, 2022 9:55 am: getting picked up in front of our hotel  (Albergo del Senato) to take us to Civitavecchia for our Constellation TA.

image.thumb.jpeg.f66d7719e0de73b642d6974b567ec1a5.jpeg

Oct 22, 2022 11:14 am: arriving at the cruise pier in Civitavecchia.

Edited by mahdnc

15 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We stayed in Rome for 5 nights before our cruise last October.  We hired RomeCabs to pick us up at our hotel (next to the Pantheon) at 10 am on embarkation day to take of us and our luggage to the pier at Civitavecchia (32 Euros per person).  We arrived at 11:16 am.

928DF3CC-A5F0-4F9E-9004-C4696D67C00B.thu

Oct 22 2022: getting picked up in front of our hotel  (Albergo del Senato) to take us to Civitavecchia for our Constellation TA.

Thank you for this!  I will look them up 😃 Was communication good and timely? 

51 minutes ago, mom says said:

I think you'll find all of the travel options in the Ports of Call forum. I would venture to say that the vast majority of pax stay in Rome before embarking in Civit. The train is certainly an option, but I wouldn't advise it if you have a lot of luggage. Have a plan for how you will get from the train station to the port entrance. Many prefer a pre booked car service. You might even find someone to share a car on your Roll Call.

Thank you for the info!  I will check roll call 😃

1 hour ago, odyssyus said:

We used a RomeCabs tour that picked us up at the port, took us to the sights we wanted, and took us back.

RomeCabs seem to be a popular one!  Thabk you ill look them up

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Even leave at 10am. We always pre-booked a private transfer, took us no more than 90 mins, door-to-door.

Plenty of recommendations for shared or private transfers on Italy's ports of call --

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/464-italy-ports/

Thank you for sending the forum link!  So very helpfull! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CL128 said:

Thank you for this!  I will look them up 😃 Was communication good and timely? 

Their communication was excellent.  We traded emails several times because the number of passengers and bags grew.  They always got back to me pretty quickly.  RomeCabs has very clear instructions on where the driver would be and everything that occurred on the day of transport occurred as planned.  

Here was the confirmation email that I received from RomeCabs:

image.png.eecdad4d752f36dca07e79b15e9b4592.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Their communication was excellent.  We traded emails several times because the number of passengers and bags grew.  They always got back to me pretty quickly.  RomeCabs has very clear instructions on where the driver would be and everything that occurred on the day of transport occurred as planned.  

Here was the confirmation email that I received from RomeCabs:

image.png.eecdad4d752f36dca07e79b15e9b4592.png

Hey, not all of those bags were mine! 😁

• Haha 1

Last June we got the 11.12am train from Termini and got to Civitavecchia at 12.16pm. The trains run every half hour or so (we had a later check in time as we didn't know at that stage if we would need to get a Covid test that morning). Cost was €4.60 an adult, we had no problem getting seats and it was an easy and relaxed way to get to Civitavecchia. At that stage there were shuttles going directly from the station to the dock for €3 each but I don't know if they are running this year because the Largo della Pace shuttle stop at the port entrance has reopened after closing to be a drive through Covid testing centre. There were also taxis available at the train station to take you to the ship. Just know that the platform at Termini for the trains to Civitavecchia is a long way from the station concourse so leave extra time to walk to the train platform.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

2 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Just know that the platform at Termini for the trains to Civitavecchia is a long way from the station concourse so leave extra time to walk to the train platform.

Yes, this is true for the regional trains to Civitavecchia, the tracks are 600 meters/four-tenths of a mile from the front door of the station.

Frecce and IC trains to Civitavecchia depart from the main track head.

• Like 1