LIVE ALASKA NCL BLISS 04-22-2023 to 04-29-2023 Review

graphicguy

Your intro to the Bliss is great! Brings back great memories from last months cruise.

My input from my cruise, YMMV:

the ruben sandwich at the Local was really good too

the outside Cavern bar is very popular, the bartenders were awesome

not a fan of Los Lobas either

I am also Sapphire, I did not get a fruit bowl or a bottle of wine but could it be that you are in a club balcony? I was in a regular balcony.

I am a bit biased, the Bliss is my favorite NCL ship. 😊

Have more fun, we are jealous!

Edited by Cruisercl
typo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

Hi. Noticed this in one of your photos. Is this also applicable if you have free at see package? Are you charged extra tax, or is it covered already? Many thanks. 

4BF1CBA0-2CEA-4B21-B598-BA14FCA7EC8E.jpeg

It's just the quiet sound of our state sucking 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

So far off to a good start for my group. Got everyone on and settled without losing their cabin key or important documents. Great dining in Taste for lunch and dinner. Wifi slow but manageable. (I like the internet, chat with home for dog updates.. not someone that puts away technology on a vacation.) If I can get my cats all heading in the same direction by 10:30, we’ll see you in a bit. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got the behind the scenes tour in an hour.  Will have to duck out early for the M&G!  

Fruit and coffee in the observation lounge.  Chill out compared to what I’m sure is a mad house at the buffet right now!

IMG_0787.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Got the behind the scenes tour in an hour.  Will have to duck out early for the M&G!  

Fruit and coffee in the observation lounge.  Chill out compared to what I’m sure is a mad house at the buffet right now!

IMG_0787.jpeg

Buffet is actually quite peaceful as I type this. 😎  Bloody Mary is nice and spicy.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Your intro to the Bliss is great! Brings back great memories from last months cruise.

My input from my cruise, YMMV:

the ruben sandwich at the Local was really good too

the outside Cavern bar is very popular, the bartenders were awesome

not a fan of Los Lobas either

I am also Sapphire, I did not get a fruit bowl or a bottle of wine but could it be that you are in a club balcony? I was in a regular balcony.

I am a bit biased, the Bliss is my favorite NCL ship. 😊

Have more fun, we are jealous!

The Bliss is my favorite NCL ship also.

As far as Los Lobos, it is all going to depend on who's in the kitchen. It was fabulous on Prima (ate there twice); not so much on the Bliss and Encore. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Buffet is actually quite peaceful as I type this. 😎  Bloody Mary is nice and spicy.

Yay!!!!!  see you in a bit.

Just noticed some of my pics aren’t posting on my end.  Not sure what you all are seeing.

WiFi has been wonky, even though I upgraded.  May have to do the dreaded trek to the internet desk!

4 hours ago, Panhandle Couple said:

Local taxes are charged in many ports.  Applies until you get 12 miles away from closest land point.

I never recall paying any additional taxes on drinks when you have free at sea. As long as the price is below $15 you are good to go. So is Washington state different from rest of the world? Does anyone know? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

I never recall paying any additional taxes on drinks when you have free at sea. As long as the price is below $15 you are good to go. So is Washington state different from rest of the world? Does anyone know? 

New York does the same thing. Last time we sailed from there and had the beverage package we were charged taxes while in port. I’ll check again next week when we board the Prima. We have the Premium Plus Bev Package so we shall see what happens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

New York does the same thing. Last time we sailed from there and had the beverage package we were charged taxes while in port. I’ll check again next week when we board the Prima. We have the Premium Plus Bev Package so we shall see what happens. 

Good thing this cruise goes to Alaska and not Spain. We had four Spain stops on our TA and they all charged the tax.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nataly1982 said:

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

No, many ports across the US have state and local taxes added.  Many ports in Europe have a VAT tax (Value Added Tax).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We have the Premium Plus Bev Package

Remember to not order that bottle of Veuve or other really high end liquor until you’re offshore…unless you want to pay tax on that value…which you may be fine with. See you in a week!

• Like 3