To check in

JanMD

Hi - according to this recent thread, it depends upon the location of the departure port, as check-in is at midnight in the departure location.

I just checked-in on Monday for a May cruise and, for the first time, did it using the app. Much faster than doing it via the website, if that is an option for you.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by MarKay525

51 minutes ago, JanMD said:

We can check in on the celebrity web page next week.  My question is is that at midnight (similar to Royal Caribbean) or 8 am?  Anyone know?  

As stated above, it is midnight or a few minutes after at the departure port, e.g. sailing out of Florida would be midnight Eastern. 

If you use the Web site you will need to fill in all the passenger information to get to the Arrival time section.  However, if you use the Celebrity App, you can go straight to Arrival time, get your arrival time you want and then come back any time afterwards, up to two or three days before sailing and complete the passenger information section. 

I guess I didn't check-in for our upcoming cruise as soon as I got the notice to check-in. Did it maybe 3-4 days later. Is there any advantage to checking-in as soon as it's available??🤷‍♂️

Edited by jargey3000

3 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

I guess I didn't check-in for our upcoming cruise as soon as I got the notice to check-in. Did it maybe 3-4 days later. Is there any advantage to checking-in as soon as it's available??🤷‍♂️

You're just more likely to get an early arrival time, if that's what you want.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

You're just more likely to get an early arrival time, if that's what you want.

oh, ok..actually I didn't know they had gone to this 'arrival-time slot' system, until I checked in. I picked the earliest available to us: 12-12:30, which is fine by us.

Is that a "bad" i.e. "busy" time, or what...🤓

Edited by jargey3000

47 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

Possibly get the earliest Time slots. 

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

oh, ok..actually I didn't know they had gone to this 'arrival-time slot' system, until I checked in. I picked the earliest available to us: 12-12:30, which is fine by us.

No, the idea of the arrival time slots is to spread out the flow of passengers and avoid long lines and crowds.  check in and boarding has been much better since they started the time slots.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

It's a good time because all of the "Me first" passengers are llikely to be cleared out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

That's a very fine time.  Boarding rarely begins before 11 AM (and then only, maybe, a few minutes before).  As mentioned, things probably will have calmed down by the time you arrive unless boarding has been held up. Things probably are at their craziest from around 10:30-11:30.

Regardless, also as mentioned, check-in and boarding goes very quickly.

1 minute ago, RV Queen said:

We have transfers from the airport to the pier.  Did we have to request board time if we have transfers?  Or do they just take you to the bus as soon as you get luggage and check in with Celebrity Rep?

Everyone needs to choose an arrival time to the terminal.  It will not affect when you board the shuttle.  It's all about when you would arrive to the terminal for final check-in.  Just do your best to estimate when you would get there via the shuttle. It's really no big deal if you are off a bit.