Live from eclipse, Australia-NZ, 26 March - 6 April 2023. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

9 hours ago, Texed said:

Cruisestitch,

Thanks for posting.  😊

In your honor I had a waffle this morning,  a little chewy and I spilled “mapple” syrup but a waffle on board beats one at home any day

5038D956-A186-4B78-A262-29EFD74A6136.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Last night’s shrimp cocktail count was four

334759E8-9939-4716-ACF7-B8C8D7AF4755.jpeg

awesome..  These look bigger and firmer than the mini squishy ones served on BEYOND in Luminae..with a ketchup watery sauce!

hope they tasted great!

22 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

We were in EC in Dec and Jan, so envious, but we will be back in May.

is Captain Leo still at the helm? Seems like he is due for vacation soon.

Enjoy 

Apologies to K. for jumping on her thread.  We boarded on March 10th.  Yesterday Captain Leo left the ship at 5:30 pm and Captain Zisis boarded yesterday morning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jackson2B said:

We board on 6 April but as yet there are no menus on the app for the MDR. Can you remember when the app gave the menus before your cruise please?

If it is anything like the two over January, there won't be any menus for the MDR on the app.  See you on board in 10 sleeps (not that I'm counting or anything but also only 6 more days of work for me)

On 3/26/2023 at 5:15 AM, cruisestitch said:

Boarding seemed to go very smoothly. Friends on board were going to drop their luggage and then go out for a coffee while they waited for their assigned time, but the staff in the terminal said that since it was no line they could just come right on. And that seemed to be the pattern for others as well.

It was the same in January when we boarded Eclipse in Sydney, got there early but no queues anywhere so straight onboard.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 10:30 AM, terrydtx said:

Hope to spend some time in your wine country as well on the drive.

You have the Hunter Valley wineries approximately a 3 hour 15 minute drive North from Circular Quay.  There's the  Bowral and the Southern Highlands wineries which are approximately 1 hour 28 to 1 hour 48 minutes drive South from Circular Quay.  And also the Mudgee wineries in the West country NSW - about a 3 hour & 1/2 hour to 4 & 1/2 hour drive West from Circular Quay. (Somewhat ironic I'm mentioning the wineries as I don't drink - but I chauffeured by sister & her husband), the really loved both the Hunter Valley & Southern Highlands wineries when they visited from the UK in October.  They were impressed with the Southern Highlands wines, they'd heard about Hunter Valley wineries in the UK but didn't know about Bowral & Southern Highlands.  Don't know if this helps? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FeebeeH said:

You have the Hunter Valley wineries approximately a 3 hour 15 minute drive North from Circular Quay.  There's the  Bowral and the Southern Highlands wineries which are approximately 1 hour 28 to 1 hour 48 minutes drive South from Circular Quay.  And also the Mudgee wineries in the West country NSW - about a 3 hour & 1/2 hour to 4 & 1/2 hour drive West from Circular Quay. (Somewhat ironic I'm mentioning the wineries as I don't drink - but I chauffeured by sister & her husband), the really loved both the Hunter Valley & Southern Highlands wineries when they visited from the UK in October.  They were impressed with the Southern Highlands wines, they'd heard about Hunter Valley wineries in the UK but didn't know about Bowral & Southern Highlands.  Don't know if this helps? 

Thank you so much for your help. We will have to look into these recommendations. Have a great cruise this year.

15 hours ago, Suzi66 said:

If it is anything like the two over January, there won't be any menus for the MDR on the app.  See you on board in 10 sleeps (not that I'm counting or anything but also only 6 more days of work for me)

Thanks suzi. Disappointing but hey ho. And yey 👏🏻👏🏻nearly there now. We leave for a few days in Sydney before and are excited for that too. 

Last night our menu had no “appetizers” on it—Two salads and two soups. This has been reported elsewhere but it was the first time we ran into it. The main dining room food has been absolutely delicious, but this cut back was noted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I realized today that they have added extra seating for Cafe al Bacio, 7 more tables and 15 more chairs.  Even with this, Cafe al Bacio has been packed all day long.  

Usually, when needed, they open So5 for additional seating at times when it is not in use and position staff Cafe over there as well.

Edited by Mark_T

31 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Usually, when needed, they open So5 for additional seating at times when it is not in use and position staff Cafe over there as well.

That should be 'Cafe staff'...  not 'staff Cafe' 🙂

20 hours ago, Mark_T said:

OK — theEclipse is rocking and rolling tonight and I lost my text.

Unless K sees something I do not the additional seating is not inside Sushi on  5  but is outside in the hallway which extends toward Park West.

35 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

OK — theEclipse is rocking and rolling tonight and I lost my text.

Unless K sees something I do not the additional seating is not inside Sushi on  5  but is outside in the hallway which extends toward Park West.

They had the additional seating toward Park West when we were on back in January, but when things got busy they just overflowed into Sushi on 5 pretty much every day.

Never had an issue finding a seat and service was almost immediate.

I wonder if they have cut back the staffing a little there... ?

• Like 1