The toiletries provided

Moochiecat5

Yes, this is a dumb question, but how is the quality of the toiletries on the ship?  I don't use anything fancy here at home for shampoo and conditioner (I use Live Clean) but I do need something decent for my waist length hair. I don't really want to spend my time battling tangles.

I am trying.... trying to pack light.

7 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

All the stuff is good quality!

I'm reading some reviews and it looks like I should be fine.  We leave in a few weeks and I'm gearing up now....fussing over all sorts of little things 🤪

I always bring my own hair care products.  I find Elemis shampoo very drying, leaving my hair feeling brittle.  I don’t care for the conditioner either.  The body lotion is not very creamy or moisturizing.  This is my experience.

• Like 5

My opinion is the products have a strong scent that I find unpleasant. So I bring my own.

If the soap at our pre-cruise hotel is good, I wrap it back up and bring it along also, so it doesn’t go to waste. 

• Like 2

Brought my own specialy shampoo but used their condition and it was fine.

Love the fragrance of the body wash but everyone is different.

Biggest problem was that the dispensers were bolted to the wall perpendicular to the sink so unless you were careful you had hand soap dripping on the floor.

Even the rather grand EmiratesPalace Hotel in Abu Dhabi UAE showcases Elemis products for their spa.  Spotted their spa display case on our way to have Tea during a cruise stop.

I find the scent pleasant. It is now an evocative  reminder of good times and good cruises. Though I use the Elemis body wash for shampoo, and the shampoo for body wash. 

But I also bring a tiny smidgen of my favorite Biolage brand shampoo - so little of their products go such a long way, if you are looking to save packing space.

• Like 1

I dislike any kind of body wash, and bring my own soap for the shower.

On Rotterdam VI there was only liquid soap at the sink.  I asked our steward for a bar of soap.  He dropped off a full-size bar of Ivory!  Guess they don't have the small paper-wrapped bars anymore.

I tipped extra since that may have come from his personal stash.

• Like 2

I believe the small store on board also carries various brands of soap bars. We always pack lightweight soap dish as well. Others take the small bars from any overnight hotel they stay in before the cruise. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

What is a lightweight soap dish? Didn't see any soap bars in the gift shop on Westerdam and if there were, would be terrified of the price. LOL

There are plastic soap dishes, or some rubbery mesh ones.  We have a very light weight wooden slat one. Allows the soap to dry - not like the ceramic ones with no drain holes which are also heavier and bulkier. 

Here are some nice packable, light weight soap dish options:  https://theyamazakihome.com/collections/soap-dishes-dispensers

I believe on most ships the small retail offerings is often found in the duty free liquor store, much of it behind the counter, but with a fair amount of OTC drugstore type items. 

Edited by OlsSalt