We recently visited Maya Key - Private Resort

My daughter put together a video of our day out

If you are considering doing this excursion this will give 

you a little taste of what to expect 

Enjoy!

Edited by PompeySailor
Link update
  • Like 1

I'm assuming this was a ship sponsored excursion, which has been the only way to go there for several years.   Nice to see they have made some improvements and good upkeep.   This used to be Fin and Feathers back in the day.  Still needed reservations, but a little less to do and a little more peaceful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

I'm assuming this was a ship sponsored excursion, which has been the only way to go there for several years.   Nice to see they have made some improvements and good upkeep.   This used to be Fin and Feathers back in the day.  Still needed reservations, but a little less to do and a little more peaceful.

You would be correct, we had about 14 of our group going so it made for a nice easy cheap relaxing day.

it’s hassle free and so easy to get to

none of the queuing and waiting for buses and all that milarky.

Price for us was $69 each

Happy Days,

• Like 1

we've been there a number of times in the last decade- and are headed there again in a few weeks- I've never been disappointed. The snorkeling is really good, and super easy to do since they have the pier out into the water- you just head down the ladder and go.  And the included lunch is very good. We've never had a bad day there!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We will be there as well in July.  We booked directly with the resort.  Just have to take a water taxi over and back on our own.

Are you on Royal or NCL? Why would you choose to take the resort’s water taxi?  Just curious

I thought Carnival also used to have their own transport but not up to date on that situation.

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Are you on Royal or NCL? Why would you choose to take the resort’s water taxi?  Just curious

I thought Carnival also used to have their own transport but not up to date on that situation.

We are on Royal.  Maya key was not offered as an excursion.  I purchased the resorts day pass.  Maya Key Day Pass.  $50 pp.  Here is description.

INCLUDES:

Admission

Tour of Wildlife Center and Replicas

Use of fresh-water swimming pool, beach, and lounge chairs.

Restroom facilities.

AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR RENT:

Food and beverages.

Snorkeling equipment rental.

Locker rental.

PLEASE NOTE:

The day pass does not include land transportation to and from the Maya Key dock.

We recommend that you hire a private driver or taxi to meet our water shuttle at the Maya Key dock.

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

We are on Royal.  Maya key was not offered as an excursion.  I purchased the resorts day pass.  Maya Key Day Pass.  $50 pp.  Here is description.

INCLUDES:

Admission

Tour of Wildlife Center and Replicas

Use of fresh-water swimming pool, beach, and lounge chairs.

Restroom facilities.

AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR RENT:

Food and beverages.

Snorkeling equipment rental.

Locker rental.

PLEASE NOTE:

The day pass does not include land transportation to and from the Maya Key dock.

We recommend that you hire a private driver or taxi to meet our water shuttle at the Maya Key dock.

Maya Key is a staple Royal excursion $69.00 ALL INCLUDED 

This video posted about the resort was shot 3 weeks ago FROM a Royal excursion.

It is available for our upcoming cruises as well, ALL on Royal

Maybe sold out for when you are going there 

No need for a driver, the Included water taxi, is closer to the ship than any other excursion you will ever go on, it is literally parked up opposite the ship on the gangway 

There are no vehicles on Maya Key either, I walked around the island in 10 minutes 

Not sure where you are getting your information from

9B1CBC64-7108-4C8B-9902-FDAC4D834B76.jpeg.74d28f60bf863b5fee83f5e10a99889e.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

9 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Princess also used the same water taxi we did 3 weeks ago.

I think they are getting their resorts mixed up with something else

58 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

I see in your signature in July you are on Grandeur

I looked at the Roatan days and I could see the Maya Key Private excursion listed in the App for Grandeur 

Because I am not on that ship the price is not listed for me, but the excursion was @jean87510

Thank you.  Yes i do see it on the app.  It wasn't on the website.  With today's sail it's $141.98.  It does include lunch and transfer.  Mine is $100 but I have to pay cab fare to and from and no lunch.  I may have to rethink.  TY!

Edit - I see you posted 3 posts with screenshots.  I do appreciate your help but 1 post about the app was sufficient.  The excursion was not showing on the website on my booking.  

Edited by jean87510

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Maya Key is a staple Royal excursion $69.00 ALL INCLUDED 

This video posted about the resort was shot 3 weeks ago FROM a Royal excursion.

It is available for our upcoming cruises as well, ALL on Royal

Maybe sold out for when you are going there 

No need for a driver, the Included water taxi, is closer to the ship than any other excursion you will ever go on, it is literally parked up opposite the ship on the gangway 

There are no vehicles on Maya Key either, I walked around the island in 10 minutes 

Not sure where you are getting your information from

The description is from the website booked directly through Anthony’s Key. I presume it is fundamentally for land visitors to Roatan.

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

PLEASE NOTE:

My friend was recently on a sailing where Maya Key was sold out through the ship and briefly booked the pass directly. She has been to Maya Key before and didn’t realize  the additional hassle involved getting to and from their dock. One of the beauties of booking Maya Key through the ship is the simplicity of getting to and from the island all included.

She cancelled and took a different excursion independently.

• Like 1

Just now, c-leg5 said:

The description is from the website booked directly through Anthony’s Key. I presume it is fundamentally for land visitors to Roatan.

My friend was recently on a sailing where Maya Key was sold out through the ship and briefly booked the pass directly. She has been to Maya Key before and didn’t realize  the additional hassle involved getting to and from their dock. One of the beauties of booking Maya Key through the ship is the simplicity of getting to and from the island all included.

She cancelled and took a different excursion independently.

Yes, Im realizing this.  As I stated earlier, I did not see excursion on the WEBSITE but now can get it on my app.  I am emailing Anthony's right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Yes, Im realizing this.  As I stated earlier, I did not see excursion on the WEBSITE but now can get it on my app.  I am emailing Anthony's right now.

In the original days of Fins and Flippers the water taxi departed from a small jetty in Coxen Hole  that you could walk to just outside the port.

Now I understand Anthony Key uses the marina that you need transport to get to. Getting there might not be too bad but I have never trusted taxis in Roatan especially for a guaranteed return.

The water taxi from with in the port is so simple it is our excursion of choice with young children. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The main reason for my daughter making  this video and me posting it was to help fellow cruisers understand the ease and simplicity of doing this excursion.

I did not intend it to be a debate, but more a source of information 

People that know me , know I only post factual and accurate information 

Sometimes photo evidence is needed to backup that data, that’s just how I roll

I apologize for posting images in 2 different posts 😳

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1