Couple of quick questions .....................

Waju

Morning everyone,

Can anyone who has cruised with P&O recently tell me if staff are still having to wear masks? No reason I need to know other than it popped into my head 🙂

Also, when looking at the drinks package options (not that I would ever buy the ultimate one) the soft drinks package says Primo/small hot chocolate whereas the other two say Primo costa coffees -  does that mean the soft drinks package includes Costa coffee?  Looks a good option to me if it does.

Thanks

Hi Waju

A few members of staff were wearing masks but my understanding is that it is personal choice as it is for guests

If you are talking about the £7.95 drinks package only small hot chocolate allowed no coffee

Hope this helps

There were only a few wearing masks initially on our cruise on Iona, so not compulsory, but did seem to increase as cruise went on. Unfortunately we arrived home on Saturday didn't feel well on Sunday and did COVID test and were both positive

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

There were only a few wearing masks initially on our cruise on Iona, so not compulsory, but did seem to increase as cruise went on. Unfortunately we arrived home on Saturday didn't feel well on Sunday and did COVID test and were both positive

That's worrying majortom as we've both just got over it!

Hope you are not feeling too poorly with it.

Edited by Waju
sp

5 minutes ago, Joysey said:

Hi Waju

A few members of staff were wearing masks but my understanding is that it is personal choice as it is for guests

If you are talking about the £7.95 drinks package only small hot chocolate allowed no coffee

Hope this helps

Thanks for that Joysey, I thought it was probably too good to be true - just can't understand why it says Primo/small hot chocolate - unless Primo means small at Costa does it?

13 minutes ago, Waju said:

Thanks for that Joysey, I thought it was probably too good to be true - just can't understand why it says Primo/small hot chocolate - unless Primo means small at Costa does it?

I asked for a coffee but was informed it was hot chocolate only

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Waju said:

That's worrying majortom as we've both just got over it!

Hope you are not feeling too poorly with it.

Thanks for your thoughts but we have both been very poorly since Sunday and don't seem to be improving at all.

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

Thanks for your thoughts but we have both been very poorly since Sunday and don't seem to be improving at all.

Oh dear I hope you're feeling better soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jh1809 said:

When I was on Aurora in Nov/Dec about 25% of the crew were still wearing masks and 5% of the passengers. I didn't hear of any Covid cases on board.

No you will not as P&O will never admit to any outbreak. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

No you will not as P&O will never admit to any outbreak. 

No, they won't. But if passengers have been put in quarantine then word normally spreads very quickly. I think it 's much more likely that you will hear rumours of outbreaks that haven't actually occurred than not hear of ones that have occurred.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

No, they won't. But if passengers have been put in quarantine then word normally spreads very quickly. I think it 's much more likely that you will hear rumours of outbreaks that haven't actually occurred than not hear of ones that have occurred.

My only experience where a captain admitted an outbreak was on Britannia last September. We admitted testing positive and were stuck in our cabin for 6 days. People were coughing and spluttering all over but the medical people said there were no more cases!. After two more days the captain broadcast that people should now wear masks all the time! An admission that there WAS an outbreak as we could see from the number of trays left outside cabins.

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

What seems to be happening pretty often, according to reports on these forums and locally, is that people go down with it shortly after returning home. Possibly because of the large congregations of people before disembarking and on collecting luggage.

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

What seems to be happening pretty often, according to reports on these forums and locally, is that people go down with it shortly after returning home. Possibly because of the large congregations of people before disembarking and on collecting luggage.

Or on airport transfer coaches and planes together when on fly cruises coming home!

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

5 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Or on airport transfer coaches and planes together when on fly cruises coming home!

There is a desire by many posters to foster the idea that cruise ships are giant petri dishes. We have made almost 40 cruises now, never had noro on any of them, and not had covid on our 3 post covid cruises. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

There is a desire by many posters to foster the idea that cruise ships are giant petri dishes. We have made almost 40 cruises now, never had noro on any of them, and not had covid on our 3 post covid cruises. 

On 50 years of holidays and 20+ years of cruising, including 7 post covid cruises, I have had Noro once in a hotel on Lanzarote, some years ago .We both had covid once, possibly caught in MacDonalds ( but perhaps not ).

Petri fied of Woking.🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

We tested positive on Sunday after getting home on Sunday but there was no congregation on disembarkation it was very handled. We generally kept ourselves to ourselves throughout the cruise and ate at a table for 2 for every meal. My own opinion is that the likeliest place we caught it, and were very surprised we were positive, is the lifts were packed full every time we used them. We normally try to use the stairs asu h as possible but on a ship as large as Iona is very hard climbing 10+ decks of stairs.

As far as I know, I've only had Covid once so far. That was when I was in Spain. Also caught a cold last time I was in Spain. Travel of any sort at present seems to come with an increased risk of infection.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I hope you feel better soon.  My daughter currently has covid (her first time) and she feels rough too. 

Can I ask, did you wear a mask in the lifts?  Like you, I wouldn't be able to manage many flights of stairs, so I think I'll wear a mask in the lifts.  Are the lifts ever empty?

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2023 at 9:58 AM, majortom10 said:

Oh no.  So sorry to hear that after a lovely cruise.  Best wishes to you both to get well soon 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Almost similar. Many many cruises and never had noro but we did get covid after our second Iona cruise in March 2022. I got the first symptoms driving home and tested positive 2 days later. My elderly mother tested positive 5 days later. Neither of us thankfully had anything more than cold like symptoms. 

I have ‘skin’ problems so am one of those that other people might say ‘oh she did not wash her hands’ or ‘oh she did not use sanitizer’, please remember that some people have hidden issues. I always wash hands thoroughly (in special medical soap) before going to an eating establishment in my cabin and make sure not to touch anything until I get to my table but I cannot use cruise soap or sanitizer in the dining locations. Please do not judge, I have been on cruises pre covid with men in hazmat suits due to norovirus but I have never succumbed once myself.

21 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Arvia must be safest P and O ship ever built in terms of not being a Petri dish

You don't even touch toilet doors now just hover your hand in front of a sensor and they open

Whereas airports and planes and the coaches that take you to and from the planes are as bad as ever for transmitting stuff

• Like 1